IGNORED

West Ham

RedLionLad

18 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

West Ham have bent over and taken this new ground nonsense from Gold, Sullivan and Brady lying down for too long

DX9lDBYWkAEaTnG.thumb.jpeg.e00185b4ba50a203f48d923124cf632b.jpeg

This is no way to treat your fanbase/customers, and I'm saddened to see one of their players mucking in. As it were.

No way would we take that lying down.

Considering the industry that gave Gold and Sullivan their massive wealth, this picture could easily be misconstrued!

The only true way to hurt the corporate monsters who run clubs is in the wallet, running on the pitch etc won’t do anything.  If fans stop watching games live and cancel their sky subscriptions on mass, you will see action taken because all these people care abou is money.

I will watch City in any division, and would prefer to see 11 home grown players in the first team in League 2 than 11 foreign players in the Prem getting paid £100k a week.  I would love City to introduce an ethos that over a few seasons (to let contracts run) that we will only have home grown players going forward.  I think fans would engage so much more with the team and club, and to some extent, be more accepting of when results don’t go well, as the bigger picture is seeing Bristolians representing our great City.

It won’t happen of course but everyone has been so brain washed by Sky that the Prem is brilliant etc etc and we must pay £40 a month or whatever to watch it, and all clubs must get there or else they have failed, and £40 a ticket is somehow a bargain, absolute rubbish.

2 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The only true way to hurt the corporate monsters who run clubs is in the wallet, running on the pitch etc won’t do anything.  If fans stop watching games live and cancel their sky subscriptions on mass, you will see action taken because all these people care abou is money.

I will watch City in any division, and would prefer to see 11 home grown players in the first team in League 2 than 11 foreign players in the Prem getting paid £100k a week.  I would love City to introduce an ethos that over a few seasons (to let contracts run) that we will only have home grown players going forward.  I think fans would engage so much more with the team and club, and to some extent, be more accepting of when results don’t go well, as the bigger picture is seeing Bristolians representing our great City.

It won’t happen of course but everyone has been so brain washed by Sky that the Prem is brilliant etc etc and we must pay £40 a month or whatever to watch it, and all clubs must get there or else they have failed, and £40 a ticket is somehow a bargain, absolute rubbish.

If I could give you all 10 of my likes today I would

West Ham have increased their attendance by about 22,000 since the move, that is a high percentage that cannot have fond memories of Upton Park, and so are not being represented by the protest. 

I would have been sad if City had moved from Ashton Gate, but tried to see the bigger picture, of moving the Club forward. 

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Great summary, spot on.

It's like the season ticket debacle within our own club at present. If everyone was that annoyed, don't renew. Come mid-March the club would realise what they'd done and back track. Instead, I bet there have been people on the phone queuing all day to get their tickets sorted.

2 minutes ago, Dave said:

West Ham have increased their attendance by about 22,000 since the move, that is a high percentage that cannot have fond memories of Upton Park, and so are not being represented by the protest. 

I would have been sad if City had moved from Ashton Gate, but tried to see the bigger picture, of moving the Club forward. 

I'd argue though that among the 22,000, there will be genuine West Ham fans who perhaps couldn't afford a ST before. Lets not forget West Ham made STs very cheap if you committed to two years.

The remainder would have been bought by new fans who saw a chance for cheap Premier League football. Surely their opinions are vastly less important than the people who have been supporting West Ham for years.

2 hours ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Great summary, spot on.

It's like the season ticket debacle within our own club at present. If everyone was that annoyed, don't renew. Come mid-March the club would realise what they'd done and back track. Instead, I bet there have been people on the phone queuing all day to get their tickets sorted.

But if City do reduce the ST prices then surely we as fans can’t complain with only signing players to fit into the wage cap. 

Its a double edged sword really, you can either have cheap tickets but a cheapened side or pay a bit extra and have better quality players. (I would of rathered a certain percentage across the ground, not the way they’ve done it) 

Gone are the days when players played because they loved playing now it’s only play for the highest bidder. 

9 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

But if City do reduce the ST prices then surely we as fans can’t complain with only signing players to fit into the wage cap. 

Its a double edged sword really, you can either have cheap tickets but a cheapened side or pay a bit extra and have better quality players. (I would of rathered a certain percentage across the ground, not the way they’ve done it) 

Gone are the days when players played because they loved playing now it’s only play for the highest bidder. 

We're not arguing to remove the (collective)  increase altogether but to share it fairly and evenly. 

7 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Atletico Bilbao have a Basque born only policy. They don't do so badly.

I'd be 100% in favour of West country only at Ashton Gate, to replace our so called Barcelona model, which it isn't anyway.

I'd add that like Barcelona, Atletico Madrid is owned by its members.

On 12/03/2018 at 13:16, Tinmans Love Child said:

What a ******* brilliant post. Couldn't agree more. I'd love to see us follow the Bilbao route.

18 hours ago, NickJ said:

Atletico Bilbao have a Basque born only policy. They don't do so badly.

I'd be 100% in favour of West country only at Ashton Gate, to replace our so called Barcelona model, which it isn't anyway.

I'd add that like Barcelona, Atletico Madrid is owned by its members.

I couldn't name a championship quality west country team although I would love to see it.

9 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I couldn't name a championship quality west country team although I would love to see it.

Butland

(Can't think of a RB) Dier Cranie Friend

Skuse

Scott Sinclair                  Bryan

Watkins

Vassell   Reid

That's a team full of players from the South West. They easily compete at this level imo (obviously not saying we should be in for Butland or Dier).

4 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Butland

(Can't think of a RB) Dier Cranie Friend

Skuse

Scott Sinclair                  Bryan

Watkins

Vassell   Reid

That's a team full of players from the South West. They easily compete at this level imo (obviously not saying we should be in for Butland or Dier).

Ashley Barnes, Ethan Ampadu, Sam Gallagher (never knew he was born in Crediton!) & Lloyd Isgrove too.

37 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Ashley Barnes, Ethan Ampadu, Sam Gallagher (never knew he was born in Crediton!) & Lloyd Isgrove too.

****, Isgrove is a great shout.

Talent pool is undoubtedly there.

Archived