IGNORED

Our transfer policy is FAILING us

Londoner

The evidence is now clear. Millions spent on the likes of Engvall, elliason, topped of with expensive loan purchases in Woodrow diony and Kent that have had limited to no impact for us.

Not to forget liam Walsh who isn't deemed good enough to get any minutes any more.

We are told tjey are for the future.....ive seen no evidence that they are good enough.

Time to change our mindset, stop going for young risks that at this point have reaped no rewards....and go for tried and tested British based footballers who know these divisions. Cost more money? Too much in wages? Sorry but welcome to 2018.

Our transfer policy is FAILING us. Lj doesn't rate them, that much is obvious.

CHANGE IT

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

The evidence is now clear. Millions spent on the likes of Engvall, elliason, topped of with expensive loan purchases in Woodrow diony and Kent that have had limited to no impact for us.

Not to forget liam Walsh who isn't deemed good enough to get any minutes any more.

We are told tjey are for the future.....ive seen no evidence that they are good enough.

Time to change our mindset, stop going for young risks that at this point have reaped no rewards....and go for tried and tested British based footballers who know these divisions. Cost more money? Too much in wages? Sorry but welcome to 2018.

CHANGE IT

Steady. You run the risk of being labelled with 'having an agenda' by some of the forum bigwigs

3 minutes ago, Londoner said:

CHANGE IT

The strategy would appear unlikely to change - if there was a chance it was going to January was the time.

I would add Taylor and Hegeler to your list.

In no way is Taylor a Championship level striker and Hegeler is completely unsuited to this league and our 'style' of football.

Both need to be moved on in the summer.

2 minutes ago, Londoner said:

January has cost us. Plain and simple. We had the opportunities, I know that for fact....the decision makers let us down.

Fact? 

So if we went out and spent a load of cash in January we’d have been guaranteed promotion?

If you think that, you are as deluded as your posts make you come across. 

4 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Fact? 

So if we went out and spent a load of cash in January we’d have been guaranteed promotion?

If you think that, you are as deluded as your posts make you come across. 

Who said anything about guaranteed promotion. 

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Are you serious?

Yes. Londoner said that he knows for a fact that we had opportunities in January. I take that to mean that he knows, for a fact, that we had opportunities to sign particular players in Jan. I’m asking who these players are/were. 

4 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Nah, build for the future, bed in the newbies ( totally not ready, need games to acclimatise) start afresh in the new year. 

People as usual get all  mental about us going up, lose the plot and then berate a team that is safe, and pretty much can do what it wants for the rest of the season (IE blooding youngsters)

Yip play offs may have been at thing, however this transfer scenario that we are following is actually working..  just not right now as you seem to want... 

Where is there any evidence that these players acclimatise to the championship? Where is  there any evidence they will even get the opportunity?

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

Where is there any evidence that these players acclimatise to the championship? Where is  there any evidence they will even get the opportunity?

Well O'Dowda is pretty much a perfect example, never really excelled last season, however was given time and this season was building and building, his run of games before his injury he was one of our best players. 

2 minutes ago, Jacki said:

Yes. Londoner said that he knows for a fact that we had opportunities in January. I take that to mean that he knows, for a fact, that we had opportunities to sign particular players in Jan. I’m asking who these players are/were. 

We were 4th...at times pushing 2nd...in January.

Had we recruited 'ready now" players....instead of 'ones for the future' and a foreigner who...to put it bluntly...looks like one of the worst signings in the 25 years Ive had a season ticket...we would have been in a far better postition then we find ourselves now

All 3 signings were gash 

4 minutes ago, hodge said:

Well O'Dowda is pretty much a perfect example, never really excelled last season, however was given time and this season was building and building, his run of games before his injury he was one of our best players. 

You haven't read what I said. Re-read my initial posts and you will see you are confirming my views

11 minutes ago, Londoner said:

January has cost us. Plain and simple. We had the opportunities, I know that for fact....the decision makers let us down.

6 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Who said anything about guaranteed promotion. 

What has January cost us then?

Last time I looked we were still 7th in the table. Major progress forwards from the last two season, so our transfer policy must be doing something right.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Had we recruited 'ready now" players....instead of 'ones for the future' and a foreigner who...to put it bluntly...looks like one of the worst signings in the 25 years Ive had a season ticket...we would have been in a far better postition then we find ourselves now

All 3 signings were gash 

Ryan Kent is a proven Championship player having won Barnsley’s young player of the season last year. 

Diony went for £9m in the summer, not been great for us granted. 

Walsh is a signing for the future. 

Ready now players aren’t guaranteed success; look at David James, Stewart, Hunt, Stern John, all proven players we got in the past. 

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

All 3 signings were gash 

You’re always one of life’s most negative people, but on the Diony front, I’m struggling to disagree. 

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

What has January cost us then?

Last time I looked we were still 7th in the table. Major progress forwards from the last two season, so our transfer policy must be doing something right.

I'm genuiney astounded that I need to 're explain myself to you. Read it slowly and carefully.

We had the opportunity to buy proven championship quality in January.

The decision makers decided against it due to, in their opinion, over inflated prices over inflated wages or both.

These decisions have cost us as displayed by our dramatic fall down the lesgue. Highlighted by new Jan signings having zero impact.

I hope you are able to understand this.

5 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

We're dividing again between realists and happy clappers

Sorry, you think you’re a realist?!

I would suggest from your posts someone completely out of touch with the realities of football in general. 

Still waiting for a reply on the other thread by the way.

• Admin
4 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Nah, build for the future, bed in the newbies ( totally not ready, need games to acclimatise) start afresh in the new year. 

People as usual get all  mental about us going up, lose the plot and then berate a team that is safe, and pretty much can do what it wants for the rest of the season (IE blooding youngsters)

Yip play offs may have been at thing, however this transfer scenario that we are following is actually working..  just not right now as you seem to want... 

Not sure what the basis is for your argument that the transfer policy is working, such a wild variation in form between the first half the season and the second half - so far, but with no real confidence or evidence the slide is abating - doesn’t prove to me that it’s working, this is now more than a blip, it’s a sustained run of poor form, with the Wednesday game being the blip of good fortune, or better form.

7 minutes ago, Londoner said:

I'm genuiney astounded that I need to 're explain myself to you. Read it slowly and carefully.

We had the opportunity to buy proven championship quality in January.

The decision makers decided against it due to, in their opinion, over inflated prices over inflated wages or both.

These decisions have cost us as displayed by our dramatic fall down the lesgue. Highlighted by new Jan signings having zero impact.

I hope you are able to understand this.

Well firstly - don’t be astounded, you don’t explain yourself well and your written English isn’t great, so that’s why me and others by the looks of things didn’t understand you point, try and be clearer first time.

Secondly - how do you know what opportunities we did or didn’t take?

Thirdly - if the club decided the prices and wages were over inflated, then they did the right thing not to make the deals.

Finally - we know the way the club are doing things financially and the vast majority of fans can see that is the way forwards for our club. If and when you can bring tens of millions of your cash to the table, you have to respect how SL spends his money.

Sigh!

We had a chance for automatic promotion. We blew it with a desperate run. We can barely buy a win and in 180 mins of football we didn't score against bloody Burton.

Diony is utter rubbish, Kent and Walsh helped a team running on empty not a jot and we are playing players who simply put give away a goal almost every game...Yes Magnússon has no form at all for us pretty much ever.

Flint is so frustrated he sloshed Cunningham, Baker is injured every two minutes and we are busy blowing the chance of a play off place!

People have every right to be frustrated!....Nothing to do with agendas just facts!

Archived