IGNORED

Pathetic

Curr Avon

6 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

If you think 2018 (the year) is going well and is better than 2017 fair play l will have a pint of whatever you and "whale eye beef hooked" are smoking. 

January - March 2017

• Reading (H): L 2-3
  • Fleetwood (H) (FAC): D 0-0
  • Cardiff (H): L 2-3
  • Fleetwood (A) (FAC): W 0-1
  • Forest (A): L 1-0
  • Burnley (A) (FAC): L 1-0
  • Sheffield Wed (H): D 2-2
  • Rotherham (H): W 1-0
  • Derby (A): D 3-3
  • Leeds (A): L 2-1
  • Fulham (H): L 0-2
  • Newcastle (A): D 2-2
  • Villa (A): L 2-0
  • Burton (H): D 0-0
  • Norwich (H): D 1-1
  • Wigan (A): W 0-1

W2 D4 L6 10pts

January - March 2018

• Villa (A): L 5-0
  • Watford (A) (FAC): L 3-0
  • Man City (A) (LC): L 2-1
  • Norwich (H): L 0-1
  • Derby (A): D 0-0
  • Man City (H): L 2-3
  • QPR (H): W 2-0
  • Bolton (A): L 1-0
  • Sunderland (H): D 3-3
  • Leeds (A): D 2-2
  • Fulham (H): D 1-1
  • Cardiff (A): L 1-0
  • Sheffield Wed (H): W 4-0
  • Preston (A): L 2-1
  • Burton (A): D 0-0

W2 D5 L5 11pts

So no, not well, but better by a point.

Draw & a replay against Fleetwood, & a loss to Burnley is also subjectively worse than a 3-0 loss to Watford with a team of kids & two last minute losses to Man City.

The wider context of the season makes 2017 worse, too, I’d say - but appreciate such a context hasn’t been mentioned.

Remains to be seen whether we can better the 16pts we subsequently achieved in 2017 ‘til May. Here’s hoping.

Interesting to note just how similar the run has been, though.

5 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

January - March 2017

W2 D4 L6 10pts

January - March 2018

W2 D5 L5 11pts

Draw & a replay against Fleetwood, & a loss to Burnley is also subjectively worse than a 3-0 loss to Watford with a team of kids & two last minute losses to Man City.

The wider context of the season makes 2017 worse, too, I’d say - but appreciate such a context hasn’t been mentioned.

Remains to be seen whether we can better the 16pts we subsequently achieved in 2017 ‘til May. Here’s hoping.

He did it at Barnsley. He did it last season. He's now doing it again. He isn't good enough. 

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Change the bloody record tinman.......It's stuck.

Just like yours is always stuck in negativity towards Gary Johnson. I do find your love in for his son rather strange, considering you hate his old man so much ..

19 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

He did it at Barnsley. He did it last season. He's now doing it again. He isn't good enough. 

He also won a lot of matches at Barnsley. And last season. And this season.

Why does this type of run carry more importance for you than our form that preceded it? I’m genuinely interested.

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

End of the day our slump isn't good enough and Johnson is responsible. Those who are Gas are most likely the ones content with midtable. No ambition like the Gas 

Yeah, absolutely nothing to do with the players at all.. who in the space of one week let a 5-0 lead slip at one point. 

I think it's very "Gas" to want a manager out after being 7th competing with the likes of Wolves, Villa and Middelsborough who all have players on premier league wages.. but I have a funny little feeling you seem to enjoy the attention of being the OTIB badboy, so you keep at it.

I am truly astonished by some of the negativity on here.

Despite what some think, 8th or 9th & a major Cup Semi-final represents real progress.

We ARE punching above our weight. 

We ARE a work in progress.

We HAVE a really bright and forward thinking Head Coach.

I am as disappointed with today's result as any City fan but with the high pressing way we like to play it is inevitably going to take its toll over the season and maybe its no coincidence that a dip coincides with state of some pitches (certainly today)

We all know we can play a lot better, the trick is getting the consistency.

A little perspective needed.

Here’s an idea lads, instead of calling our entire staff pathetic, gutless and suggesting they should all be ashamed, how about you get behind a team in 7th, 3 points off the play offs, with 9 games to go.

Yes, our form has absolutely nosedived. But we know how good we CAN be so let’s roar OUR team (who lets not forget gave us our most memorable 6 months for a decade despite recent events) on and try to turn this around.

Half expecting a call to boycott the club any second due to the scandalous fall from 2nd to 7th. What ever happened to ‘We’re Bristol City, we always believe’.

6 hours ago, RedYoshi said:

January - March 2017

W2 D4 L6 10pts

January - March 2018

W2 D5 L5 11pts

Strange both seasons our form has fallen apart January to march and as you said, both seasons just 2 wins in 12 games is poor. With the same happening to Johnson before coming here you have to wonder if there is something in the style of play, training, causing it. 

Twice is a coincidence, three times a pattern.

1 hour ago, windmillhillred said:

Where did you think we'd finish at the start of the season?

Top 6. Should always be the aim. However it's where we were and the opportunity we had in January. Our second half slump us abysmal and worthy of the sack at any other club. Lee Johnson will never win a promotion at this level for any club. That is my view. 

48 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Top 6. Should always be the aim. However it's where we were and the opportunity we had in January. Our second half slump us abysmal and worthy of the sack at any other club. Lee Johnson will never win a promotion at this level for any club. That is my view. 

You thought, under Johnson, we'd finish top six...?  Yet simultaneously you think Johnson can never take a team up at this level? And you also think he shoulf be sacked now? All fair enough of course but glad your view doesn't represent majority of fan base.

17 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Mark Ashton isn’t the scout.

Walsh is battling with Pack and Smith, tough pair to force your way past.

Kent won’t get a pre-season here, he’ll be somewhere else

Diony has disappointed me after the brief promise he showed v QPR.

We were poor again today, no one can disagree with that.  Johnson needs to find the reason.  Whatever he said after PNE, we weren’t great there either.  Home form is ok, away from home we’ve become a soft touch again.

What is it 2 wins,2 draws and 2 defeats in 6 . For a team supposed to be going for the play offs that isn't really ok. Away 3 draws and 3 defeats is approaching awful though. 

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

What is it 2 wins,2 draws and 2 defeats in 6 . For a team supposed to be going for the play offs that isn't really ok. Away 3 draws and 3 defeats is approaching awful though. 

A generalisation I accept, but that away form is dropping off the scale.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

A generalisation I accept, but that away form is dropping off the scale.

I had hoped ( that hope sort of died watching that yesterday ) that this month would see us get some lost momentum back. The fixtures seemed kinder and should offer a chance of some points and maybe see back in the thick of the playoff fight. Middlesboro and Millwall are the toughest games in the next 6 , if we could somehow find some form then the push could be back on. Sadly after yesterday I can't see it.

4 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Where have you lot been when I've been on here slagging him off,I've been put down for it by Johnson clappers, Never been a fan of Johnson 

Only been a forum member couple or so weeks. The underperformance and lack of passion is what irks me the most, too many happy to make excuses and accept MA's attitude to promotion is totally unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, 1960maaan said:

I had hoped ( that hope sort of died watching that yesterday ) that this month would see us get some lost momentum back. The fixtures seemed kinder and should offer a chance of some points and maybe see back in the thick of the playoff fight. Middlesboro and Millwall are the toughest games in the next 6 , if we could somehow find some form then the push could be back on. Sadly after yesterday I can't see it.

Saving a miracle or return of miracle workers - COD, MD etc and the suspended, ld have to agree, too many teams finding their true form in the run in. 

LJ = Tinkerman 2.

Archived