IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

MC RISK77

I thought he wasn't great in a game where he wasn't tested. Got nutmegged, let the ball roll under his foot got yelled at multiple times for the wrong/poor ball particularly by Smith.

But he got a game and I would have started him ahead of Magnússon every day of the week right now!

43 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

He was a reasonable I thought. Not brilliant but showed some promise. I think he could be a reasonable player at this level in time. Could perhaps benefit from loan spell in league 1 next season I think. 

Have said this many times. Not ready at this level but could be after a year away. 

Thought he did reasonably well, not at JB level but showed good touches and reasonably good against a quick winger. Put one or two decent crosses in. Last 15 min suffering with a bit if cramp. Physically no problem and in 18 months time think he will be a decent player and asset for the club

I’d describe his performance today as competent - i e satisfactory but not outstanding. He did the basic defending and the simple passes but didn’t add much going forward in the way that Joe Bryan does, or Pisano does on the other wing. 

1 hour ago, Taylor10 said:

He played quite well without being tested. Comfortable on the ball. I think he will be a good player but needs a bit of urgency in him! So laid back it's untrue.

Ah but you need to make a distinction here mate.  He looks very laid back, even lackadaisical  on the ball, but when defending he springs into action. 

I thought he looked classy, very easy to see why he has played games at England youth level. Some lovely touches/passes and his movement was almost pitch perfect. 

Very promising overall in a poor team performance. 

40 minutes ago, Harry said:

Best left back at the club 

Spoke to Lloyd Kelly at a half term football camp at Bristol sports centre... First thing he said to be was he's a left sided centre back but will play anywhere to get a first team place. Doesn't find it easy playing left back/wing back as it's not natural to him. His words not mine.

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Ah but you need to make a distinction here mate.  He looks very laid back, even lackadaisical  on the ball, but when defending he springs into action. 

I thought he looked classy, very easy to see why he has played games at England youth level. Some lovely touches/passes and his movement was almost pitch perfect. 

Summed up perfectly

12 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Spoke to Lloyd Kelly at a half term football camp at Bristol sports centre... First thing he said to be was he's a left sided centre back but will play anywhere to get a first team place. Doesn't find it easy playing left back/wing back as it's not natural to him. His words not mine.

Bryan is not a left back either.  And nor is Magnússon.  We do not have a 'natural' left back at the club right now.  Kelly is the best one we have.
I would play him for the rest of this season ahead of both the two aforementioned, and we will see if get better and better.

21 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

but when defending he springs into action.

This is the crucial thing for me.  He is defensively much more alert, positionally savvy and reacts with more urgency than the others we have in that position.

When it looks pretty certain that the play offs are out of reach, ( wont be long in coming). The likes of Kelly,Walsh, Elliason should be given plenty of game time.

These are the players that Johnson has invested in for the future. well the future aint to far away August. So what better time to give young fringe players some competitive game time at the level we hope they can step up to next season.

If Harry is to believed with his faith in Kelly let's have him in for the rest of the season. I  know a lot will say hang on we can still make the play offs!!, but it's looking less likely by the game.

The slick football has, apart from the odd game disappeared so let's get an early start for next season. O,Dowda was gaining confidence before his injury he is going to be a class player, he needs a few run outs before the season ends.

Maybe a good thing when the top six is out of reach, Likes of Baker and Wright playing with injuries can maybe have a rest.

I know a lot are worried about who we might lose but what the **** we can't stop that.

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think you have more or less covered my thoughts here KITR. 

I look forward to seeing him continue to develop.

Thought he was one of our “better players”, needs to run inside a bit more like bryan often does. Big stature and seems effortless when defending. 

Consider Bryan at that age. Kelly looks excellent already considering he’s very young and he prefers to play LCB. I wouldn’t be uncomfortable with Bryan being sold in the summer with Kelly as replacement. 

Having watched Lloyd Kelly, like Harry, I feel he is our best LB at the Club. For all the reasons that have been mentioned.

Interesting when watching him, he's also probably one of the most athletic and best crossers of the ball.

For me, Kelly at LB with Bryan in front, could develop into a lovely left sided partnership.

That's just my opinion...however LJ see's Bryan as a LB, which he can do, but so many times lapses in concentration and positioning for my liking.

He's far more effective in LM and wasted at LB imo.

Archived