IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

MC RISK77

14 hours ago, Harry said:

This is the crucial thing for me.  He is defensively much more alert, positionally savvy and reacts with more urgency than the others we have in that position.

Spot on.  Interesting that he sees himself as a LCB too.  Played there in the 2nd half at Villa and had to spend a lot of his time organising Joe Bryan at LWB.  Considering his lack of experience and the situation we were in, I thought that was an excellent sign for the future.  

13 hours ago, taxidog said:

Shame Vyner wasn't given the same opportunity to impress in a run of games at right back as Kelly is probably going to get now at left back

100%.  Except one game when Freeman was playing in front of him and he was left to suffer, he has always impressed me.  Struggling to see why he wasn't trusted for the games when Wright was missing earlier in the season.  

34 minutes ago, spudski said:

Having watched Lloyd Kelly, like Harry, I feel he is our best LB at the Club. For all the reasons that have been mentioned.

Interesting when watching him, he's also probably one of the most athletic and best crossers of the ball.

For me, Kelly at LB with Bryan in front, could develop into a lovely left sided partnership.

I agree.

That's just my opinion...however LJ see's Bryan as a LB, which he can do, but so many times lapses in concentration and positioning for my liking.

I think LJ has contradicted this recently - sometimes he needs to be less gushing of his players.  JB has drifted back into some bad old habits.  Could that be because he has been playing LM a fair bit too?  Just cutting him some slack.  He was definitely playing better early in the season.

He's far more effective in LM and wasted at LB imo.

5 hours ago, spudski said:

Having watched Lloyd Kelly, like Harry, I feel he is our best LB at the Club. For all the reasons that have been mentioned.

Interesting when watching him, he's also probably one of the most athletic and best crossers of the ball.

For me, Kelly at LB with Bryan in front, could develop into a lovely left sided partnership.

That's just my opinion...however LJ see's Bryan as a LB, which he can do, but so many times lapses in concentration and positioning for my liking.

He's far more effective in LM and wasted at LB imo.

Bryan won't be here next season so no point developing that relationship.

21 hours ago, Harry said:

Bryan is not a left back either.  And nor is Magnússon.  We do not have a 'natural' left back at the club right now.  Kelly is the best one we have.
I would play him for the rest of this season ahead of both the two aforementioned, and we will see if get better and better.

No evidence what so ever to back up your argument. 

Like Dionsy I certainly haven't seen anything like enough of Kelly to form a valid opinion of his ability.

However he's the natural replacement for Bryan so we'll get another look at him on Saturday. I hope he has the confidence to bomb forward as Bryan does.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Like Dionsy I certainly haven't seen anything like enough of Kelly to form a valid opinion of his ability.

However he's the natural replacement for Bryan so we'll get another look at him on Saturday. I hope he has the confidence to bomb forward as Bryan does.

He’ll certainly get tested saturday if they play Iorfa. Hes seriously quick. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It's Dionsey, you dopey old .....

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

We'e you away at Xmas or leave the game too early to see his goal against Reading on Boxing Day?

I was at my sons over Xmas so wasn't able to get to AG. Disappointing really because I love a day out at the football on Boxing Day as most fans do.

I will always give plenty of support to the young players within the squad. You expect better from the more experienced players.

One day, I hope that we can have Vyner, Moore and Kelly + another (Flint, Baker, Wright whoever) in the same back line. But players can only improve by playing against better opposition. I hope that eventually, they can be blended into the first team then become our regular starters.

The three of them have only played a handful of first team games each for us. Vyner the most i imagine. There is no way we can make an honest assessment of them playing for us in this division. The fans of the clubs we loan them to can as they're playing regular football, albeit in a lower division. But the more they play in competitive matches, the better they'll be.

If Kelly does kick on, then that pretty much end's Goldbourne's career with us, unless Bryan leaves.

3 minutes ago, The Batman said:

I will always give plenty of support to the young players within the squad. You expect better from the more experienced players.

One day, I hope that we can have Vyner, Moore and Kelly + another (Flint, Baker, Wright whoever) in the same back line. But players can only improve by playing against better opposition. I hope that eventually, they can be blended into the first team then become our regular starters.

The three of them have only played a handful of first team games each for us. Vyner the most i imagine. There is no way we can make an honest assessment of them playing for us in this division. The fans of the clubs we loan them to can as they're playing regular football, albeit in a lower division. But the more they play in competitive matches, the better they'll be.

If Kelly does kick on, then that pretty much end's Goldbourne's career with us, unless Bryan leaves.

This is the really positive thing, I've seen nothing but glowing praise for our loanees, Morrell, Andrews, Vyner, Dowling, Smith, they're all very much in credit at the clubs they're at.

18 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Reports of Everton, Newcastle and Villa if they go up.

I'd be very surprised if he was still here come September but we'll wait and see I guess.

So will I be surprised if he stays. His performances this season will have obviously generated interested from PL  clubs. 

Thats why it’s important to sign him on a longer contract.

5 hours ago, The Batman said:

I think SG's career is already ended with us! There'll be someone coming through from the 23's as back up for LK if JB leaves.

On 11/03/2018 at 21:27, JasonM88 said:

How many professional senior games of football have you seen Kelly play? 4? 5?

Yep. And in the small body of work so far I’ve concluded that he is a better left back than Bryan. 

10 hours ago, Shtanley said:

He’s more a winger. Cameron pring seems alright though. Quite stocky already. 

I saw him in the side against Liverpool recently. Good build and good pace although it wasn't really quick. He made a couple or three mistakes with positioning but that's what one would expect at that age. He's been getting some adult football at Hereford so that will help his development.

I refuse to say yea or nay on the evidence of one or two games for Academy boys because that is unfair on any youngster in a cut throat industry, but Cameron looked to have something there for himself and the coaches to build on.  

Archived