IGNORED

We're lucky that the gas exist/songs/Burton

Lee0

What else would we have to sing about ?

we all hate gas scum, 17 years (big deal)

sit down if you hate the gas

stand up if you hate the gas

Rubbish support at Burton yesterday, booing, abusing players and a gobsh**e at the back who was (embarrassingly) trying to be funny.

We're still pushing for a play off place .....you'd never know it to see and hear our 'fans'

37 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

What else would we have to sing about ?

we all hate gas scum, 17 years (big deal)

sit down if you hate the gas

stand up if you hate the gas

Rubbish support at Burton yesterday, booing, abusing players and a gobsh**e at the back who was (embarrassingly) trying to be funny.

We're still pushing for a play off place .....you'd never know it to see and hear our 'fans'

You say we're pushing for playoffs, but hold on,aren't we going the wrong way, "downwards" now 7th,going for playoffs is "upwards"

2 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Ha ha ha ha, no chance, not with Johnson at the relm, 

I'll guess you meant helm.....did you say that at the end of December ?

We're having a disappointing run of results, get behind LJ and the team and show you support the club....got to dream !

2 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

I'll guess you meant helm.....did you say that at the end of December ?

We're having a disappointing run of results, get behind LJ and the team and show you support the club....got to dream !

I'll never support Johnson, Never have,will always support the team,

Well said Lee0,Isaid many weeks ago I was fed up of the anti gas chants,think we have to concentrate on ourselves,bloke who sits next to me says I’m always glass half full,better to be that way than beating yourself up all the time,doesn’t do your health any good,when the guys don’t give 100% then I will shout.

7 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

I'll never support Johnson, Never have,will always support the team,

And there perhaps lies your problem, he leads the team, your personal dislike shouldn't come into it.

Just out of interest, have you liked any City manager ? LJ has given us the highest standard of football ever at he gate, we've improved from last season in every aspect......is there anything he could do to change your thoughts on him ?

2 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

And there perhaps lies your problem, he leads the team, your personal dislike shouldn't come into it.

Just out of interest, have you liked any City manager ? LJ has given us the highest standard of football ever at he gate, we've improved from last season in every aspect......is there anything he could do to change your thoughts on him ?

Yes, I was a big fan of Steve Cotterell, got us the double, shit how they sacked him " texted"

The gas songs are sung for a reason and it’s not because we hate them. Sure some people do but the real reason is people realise there is no rivalry anymore. We haven’t played them in Donkeys years but a lot of us remember growing up playing them regularly and it was the best not necessarily most enjoyable game of the season. We don’t have that now. People want it back especially with how modern day football is so far removed from most of us, it gives us that personal link to the club and football which has evaporated over recent years.

They are uninspiring chants but I can understand why they are prevalent.

2 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Where I sit in the S/S, I told my mates we wouldn't achieve nothing under Johnson, cheap option again by MA

What would you like us to achieve ?

Beating the 2nd best team in the country in a cup 1/4 final, taking one of (if not ) the best teams in the world to the final minutes of a two legged semi final, still in with a shout of going up in March in the toughest league in the world.

For a club of our size and financial capabilities I feel we've achieved so much this season.....I'd take the same again next year.

14 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

What would you like us to achieve ?

Beating the 2nd best team in the country in a cup 1/4 final, taking one of (if not ) the best teams in the world to the final minutes of a two legged semi final, still in with a shout of going up in March in the toughest league in the world.

For a club of our size and financial capabilities I feel we've achieved so much this season.....I'd take the same again next year.

When MA makes a statement says we're not prepared or aiming for promotion, what does that tell you,

3 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

When MA makes a statement says we're not prepared or aiming for promotion, what does that tell you,

That he doesn't think we're ready/prepared for it.

what do YOU want us to achieve......do you think you're aiming a bit too high ?

34 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Yes, I was a big fan of Steve Cotterell, got us the double, shit how they sacked him " texted"

So you were a big fan of a manager who was taking us down, without budging over his 3-5-2 that wasn't working, but you aren't a fan of a manager who has taken us to the top 10 and the league cup semi finals, logic.... 

14 minutes ago, Lee0 said:

That he doesn't think we're ready/prepared for it.

what do YOU want us to achieve......do you think you're aiming a bit too high ?

Do you think Huddersfield were preparing for promotion last year after finishing below us in 15/16.

I believe they were one of the favourites for relegation, but they made the most of the opportunity that was presented to them.

26 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

So you were a big fan of a manager who was taking us down, without budging over his 3-5-2 that wasn't working, but you aren't a fan of a manager who has taken us to the top 10 and the league cup semi finals, logic.... 

The reason he's still incharge because he's a yes man,a good friend to SL, any other manager would have been sacked by now, like SC was,

39 minutes ago, bemmyredjeff said:

Do you think Huddersfield were preparing for promotion last year after finishing below us in 15/16.

I believe they were one of the favourites for relegation, but they made the most of the opportunity that was presented to them.

No, I don't think they were, they've done fantastic this season too.

It was forced upon them, maybe we just want to feel ready.

23 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

The reason he's still incharge because he's a yes man,a good friend to SL, any other manager would have been sacked by now, like SC was,

So who do you credit with the fantastic season we've had so far ?

1 hour ago, bris red said:

Every club sings about there rivals. Christ it football, ya boring *****

Yes they do and always have.

Whilst football remains tribal this will carry on. Not sure why people are making out this is such a big deal? 

I seem to remember someone posted a tweet on here from an AFC Wimbledon fan that said it took Rovers fans 70 minutes of their game to sing a song that wasn’t about City. At least we aren’t THAT bad.

Archived