IGNORED

We're lucky that the gas exist/songs/Burton

Lee0

3 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

You call upto December being a fantastic SEASON, season doesn't end till may, wait till then,then we'll see

No, I don't, but if we lose every game for the remainder of the season (which we won't) I will still be grateful for that fantastic cup run, for the quality of football we've seen overall this season and for the hope that gave us and we still have now.

I'd also thank LJ for the above and hope we go a bit better next season.

Who are you crediting ? Because somebody changed the way we play and inspired  the players .....if not LJ, who ?

1 hour ago, Super said:

Kind of with you on the gas songs we sing more about them than our own club. 

Bit of an exaggeration mate, cant speak for yesterday but that’s not my experience at home games.

When the 17 years chant gets going it can last for several minutes but that’s the same as other City related chants.

1 hour ago, Lee0 said:

And there perhaps lies your problem, he leads the team, your personal dislike shouldn't come into it.

Just out of interest, have you liked any City manager ? LJ has given us the highest standard of football ever at he gate, we've improved from last season in every aspect......is there anything he could do to change your thoughts on him ?

Where do you want me to start? 

Beasley, Ford, Dicks, Cooper, Jordan, Cotterell. Good enough for you. All class in differing ways. LJ not fit to be compared with any from my list. 

PS. I also remember when we used to beat Man U, Man C, and Chelsea and Liverpool in the league. 

5 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Beasley, Ford, Dicks, Cooper, Jordan, Cotterell. Good enough for you. All class in differing ways. LJ not fit to be compared with any from my list. 

Jordan and cotterell third division managers. Both failed at championship level. Johnson doing pretty well at this level for a 36 year old bloke. IMO 

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

PS. I also remember when we used to beat Man U, Man C, and Chelsea and Liverpool in the league. 

All decent but all hit their ceiling, Under LJ we're taking forward steps and while we are going forward I think we, the fans, should support what he's doing.

It's over 40 years since I started going, I've seen us beat those team too.....We've never played better football than this season.

1 hour ago, Redmycolour said:

The reason he's still incharge because he's a yes man,a good friend to SL, any other manager would have been sacked by now, like SC was,

Sorry, that's complete rubbish. 

I can't remember the last time the club has been so forward thinking, from board to manager, even under GJ it wasn't this exciting. OK we've had a poor run but that's to be expected. You can't compare LJ to Cotts, Cotts was taking us down, LJ has put us in the hunt for the play offs. 

3 hours ago, Lee0 said:

What else would we have to sing about ?

we all hate gas scum, 17 years (big deal)

sit down if you hate the gas

stand up if you hate the gas

Rubbish support at Burton yesterday, booing, abusing players and a gobsh**e at the back who was (embarrassingly) trying to be funny.

We're still pushing for a play off place .....you'd never know it to see and hear our 'fans'

Remember how the Leeds fans turned their game around with their support? That’s what we need to be doing. 

26 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Sorry, that's complete rubbish. 

I can't remember the last time the club has been so forward thinking, from board to manager, even under GJ it wasn't this exciting. OK we've had a poor run but that's to be expected. You can't compare LJ to Cotts, Cotts was taking us down, LJ has put us in the hunt for the play offs. 

Oh complete rubbish as you put it,what has LJ, achieved, nothing, Cotts got us promoted completed the double,yes he was taking us down, but don't forget he wasn't a yes man, he asked for funds but it was refused, Gayle, for example, 

22 minutes ago, Beckster said:

Remember how the Leeds fans turned their game around with their support? That’s what we need to be doing. 

Exactly this.....not keen on the manager, fine, not keen on the owner, ok, don't like how things are being done 'upstairs' oh well.........those 11 players get supported for 90 minutes no matter what.

19 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

Oh complete rubbish as you put it,what has LJ, achieved, nothing, Cotts got us promoted completed the double,yes he was taking us down, but don't forget he wasn't a yes man, he asked for funds but it was refused, Gayle, for example, 

LJ has got us to the top 10, Cotts got us to 21st at a high point in the championship, division 3 is irrelevant. 

Cotts was given the same funds as LJ but decided to spend them on big money signings whereas now we are buying players with sell on value. 

28 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

£6 million we offered, wasn’t it?

Accepted by Palace.

How is that being refused funds?

57 minutes ago, Redmycolour said:

In what way is Lee Johnson a 'yes man' ? I often see this bandied about as some kind of insinuation against him but have no idea what it's about? What has he said yes to that he should have refused to do? Is it just that some people think it's wrong to have a manager that gets on with the club owner? I just don't get it....

8 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

In what way is Lee Johnson a 'yes man' ? I often see this bandied about as some kind of insinuation against him but have no idea what it's about? What has he said yes to that he should have refused to do? Is it just that some people think it's wrong to have a manager that gets on with the club owner? I just don't get it....

Because some fans can offer no intelligent analytical debate. So the usual type of digs are thrashed around. ‘ he’s a yes man ‘ , ‘ he’s a cheap option ‘ 

yawn - glass eye 

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

The same people who complain about the anti-sag songs are the same ones who complain the atmosphere isn’t what it used to be.

Come up with your own new songs, or pipe the **** down imo.

Nope...you're wrong.....making your opinion worthless.

I started this thread, the last thread I started contained 2 songs, they didn't contain swearing or were they anti gas (I'm also not saying they were any good)...but I got knocked by a couple of posters for doing so.

Either make sure your posts are correct or pipe the **** down

We all sing gas songs, we all sing gas songs, we all sing gss songs, we all sing g4s songs.

We all hate gas songs, we all hate gas songs, we all hate gas songs, we all hate g4s songs.

We all sing gas songs, we all sing gas songs, all we sing gas songs, all we sing g4s songs.

We all hate gas songs, we hate all gas songs, we hate all gas songs, we all hate g4s songs.

We all hate gascoigne, we all hate gascoigne, we all.....

5 minutes ago, poland_exile said:

resorting to cliche, football is a tribal game. We're part of one tribe, they're part of another. It's natural to hate them and celebrate our superiority over them.  

True.

I think of it as celebrating the fact that we all dodged a bullet by becoming City fans instead of having to endure a lifetime of bitter jealousy whilst watching shit hoofball from inside a tent on a Saturday afternoon.

I’m sure ‘We all hate Gas scum’ doesn’t particularly lift the players but I don’t think it’s meant to. Same for any songs directed towards opposing fans.

When we’re putting the other team under pressure, the ball goes out for a corner and the whole stadium belts out a ‘Come on you reds!’...that’s a different story.

10 hours ago, Redmycolour said:

Yes, I was a big fan of Steve Cotterell, got us the double, shit how they sacked him " texted"

Do you really believe he got sacked by text. You can't actually be thst fickle can you?

Johnson is gunna have us finishing the highest this club has in 10 years and playing great football at times.

Grow up and get behind the bloke. 

You only dislike him because you went for his throat last season and he's proven you wrong 

16 hours ago, Lee0 said:

Nope...you're wrong.....making your opinion worthless.

I started this thread, the last thread I started contained 2 songs, they didn't contain swearing or were they anti gas (I'm also not saying they were any good)...but I got knocked by a couple of posters for doing so.

Either make sure your posts are correct or pipe the **** down

Wasn't directed at you, in my experience its the same weird old duffers who moan about the atmosphere not being what it used to be, but by the same token, moan when songs they don't like are created/sung.

On 11/03/2018 at 09:36, Lee0 said:

And there perhaps lies your problem, he leads the team, your personal dislike shouldn't come into it.

Just out of interest, have you liked any City manager ? LJ has given us the highest standard of football ever at he gate, we've improved from last season in every aspect......is there anything he could do to change your thoughts on him ?

Yessir.

Archived