IGNORED

Subs - LJ gets it wrong again

old_eastender

7 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Then forget the question "why did he come on for Pato?". By your rationale...and to be fair, I 100% agree with you, the question should be ...

"why did Lee Johnson sign him in the first place?"

Ridiculous signing

"Ridiculous signing?" 

My whole point is that its way too premature to rubbish a player that we've seen so little of.

If he'd played 10 full games then it would fair to pass a judgemen on his ability - but he hasn't.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

"Ridiculous signing?" 

My whole point is that its way too premature to rubbish a player that we've seen so little of.

If he'd played 10 full games then it would fair to pass a judgemen on his ability - but he hasn't.

Yep. Ridiculous signing

A player who hadnt scored in ages, cant speak English, nevet played in this country and is clearly struggling with confidence

We didnt have the luxury of giving him "x" amount of months to settle. 

3 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

A player who hadnt scored in ages, cant speak English, nevet played in this country and is clearly struggling with confidence

We didnt have the luxury of giving him "x" amount of months to settle. 

He does speak English pretty well. His g'friend is English.

The Diony loan is a disaster. I can't recall the home game a few weeks ago but even in the pre match warm up shooting drill he hung around the back of the queue not wanting to have a shot, just walked around keeping his head down like he was petrified of the football. We brought him into the club knowing his confidence was in pieces and that he needs building back up again but in a challenging league like the championship that foreign players need to adapt to, that was never going to happen. Absolutely shocking signing by the club.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

He does speak English pretty well. His g'friend is English.

Jesus, you are defending this guy way too much ..... is he teaching you French?

It was an expensive punt [that  a €9.3M player might just come good with a change of club] that has gone disastrously wrong. Woodrow is like Suarez in comparison!!!

9 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Bang on pal-as soon as Diony was brought on and Reid pushed back you & I both knew we wouldn't score!.......very puzzling.

This I would like putting to LJ:

You need a goal. You have the top scorer in the Championship, Reid (19 goals), and Big Fam (11), the two of them one of the most prolific front duos in the country, or was it Europe? someone said on here recently.

You take Big Fam off, ok, perhaps he is knackered or something. You bring on Djuric (2 goals). Then you switch Reid (19) back, and deeper, and away from goal, and replace with Diony (0).

So our hot-shot 30 goal strike duo are replaced by a rusty, unfamiliar, yet to "gel" low on confidence (and quite possibly psychologically shot or gone2 goal duo. 

Wtf?

I need help with this one - @spudski, @Harry, @Cowshed, @Thatch35, anyone??

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

Fans, me included have wondered/questioned substitutions that many different City managers have made ever since substitutions became part of the game. I even questioned Lord Danny Wilsons substitutions once..........:facepalm:

Its all part of the game.

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

When was the last time you saw Diony play a full game? and yet you feel qualified to rubbish him.........:facepalm:

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

To make an assessment of any new player you need to see him play several games. We haven't seen much of Diony because most of his appearances have been  from the bench and on the few occasions that he's started he doesn't play the full game.

Despite that some fans feel qualified to rubbish him. I find that quite astonishing.

His critics don't take into consideration the facts that  he's new to English football and living in a new country and all foreign imports take time to adjust to a completely new life style. Why do suppose that some English players don't succeed at overseas clubs?

It took the Chelsea legend Drogba an entire season to acclimatise to English football.

Give the guy a break.

10 hours ago, Robbored said:

Drogba like Diony  came from foreign  football  - that's the comparison and was far better in his second season having acclimatised to the PL - that's my point.

There is no comparison between Diony and Drogba as footballers

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

AG - it's not Diony fault is on a decent wedge. All Championship player are. 

Using his salary as a stick to beat him with is hardly fair.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

No-one becomes a professional footballer is you don't have the above average skills required.

To say he couldn't trap a bag of cement is laughable.

I find myself agreeing with every word you are writing on this thread, RR.

(Which is unusual)

13 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Jesus, you are defending this guy way too much ..... is he teaching you French?

It was an expensive punt [that  a €9.3M player might just come good with a change of club] that has gone disastrously wrong. Woodrow is like Suarez in comparison!!!

Expensive punt? The fact that we got the guy on loan with an option to buy I'd say was a shrewd deal. Sometimes it doesn't work out but how do you know until you get them in and see if they gel?

If he comes good then it will be a world class signing.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

"Ridiculous signing?" 

Sorry Alan, but this reminds of the Richard Pryor response when his wife finds him in bed with another woman. "Who ya gonna believe, me or your lyin eyes?"

11 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

Sorry Alan, but this reminds of the Richard Pryor response when his wife finds him in bed with another woman. "Who ya gonna believe, me or your lyin eyes?"

Sorry Curr but your missing my point................:facepalm:

How can anyone rubbish a player that they've hardly seen? 

49 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

You need a goal. You have the top scorer in the Championship, Reid (19 goals), and Big Fam (11), the two of them one of the most prolific front duos in the country, or was it Europe? someone said on here recently.

You take Big Fam off, ok, perhaps he is knackered or something. You bring on Djuric (2 goals). Then you switch Reid (19) back, and deeper, and away from goal, and replace with Diony (0).

So our hot-shot 30 goal strike duo are replaced by a rusty, unfamiliar, yet to "gel" low on confidence (and quite possibly psychologically shot or gone2 goal duo. 

Wtf?

LJ says in his interview why he made the subs JD.

21 minutes ago, spudski said:

You're wasting your time Spudski.

I daresay Jack Dave didn't realise that LJ does post match interviews and unlike many managers makes an effort to explain his decisions. By doing that he shows great respect to us fans.

I think Eliasson has showed up well in training but come the acid test of match day comes across as being lightweight.

Perhaps Diony is the same.

I think everyone would love it if he showed a glimmer of football aptitude but alas I think that's beyond him, sadly.

9 minutes ago, Swede said:

I think Eliasson has showed up well in training but come the acid test of match day comes across as being lightweight.

Perhaps Diony is the same.

I think everyone would love it if he showed a glimmer of football aptitude but alas I think that's beyond him, sadly.

I think he did show more than a glimmer v QPR, and a couple of nice touches v Sunderland, but I sense he is not comfortable back to goal in this league.

He has played Right Sided Forward / Winger, and I wonder whether he might do better there whilst he adjusts.

You can’t totally judge a player from 170 minutes, there is a footballer in there, but you can sense whether he’ll be a success or not.  Took me 23 minutes v Wigan to see Tammy’s ability.  Took 45 me minutes to see Kodjia’s potential v Yeovil. But with both of these I couldn’t predict their impact at City, only hoped.

Diony is gonna need to get some starts to give any of us a chance to see if he is a player who commanded a €8m fee.  I’m gonna assume it isn’t gonna work out here....but really hope it clicks and he fires us into the POs.  I’ll always give a player the benefit.

21 hours ago, Robbored said:

To make an assessment of any new player you need to see him play several games. We haven't seen much of Diony because most of his appearances have been  from the bench and on the few occasions that he's started he doesn't play the full game.

Despite that some fans feel qualified to rubbish him. I find that quite astonishing.

His critics don't take into consideration the facts that  he's new to English football and living in a new country and all foreign imports take time to adjust to a completely new life style. Why do suppose that some English players don't succeed at overseas clubs?

It took the Chelsea legend Drogba an entire season to acclimatise to English football.

Give the guy a break.

To turn the discussion on its head I would ask you ‘should the club sign him  at the end of the season’  If you were in the corridors of power would you make Diony our club record signing ?

The vast majority on here would I say be gobsmacked if the club did on what has been on view to date.  It will need some strong displays between now and May for this to happen, and at present no evidence of that in his locker on match day. 

MA stated the end of season fee blows away the record signing Famara. 

5 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

To turn the discussion on its head I would ask you ‘should the club sign him  at the end of the season’  If you were in the corridors of power would you make Diony our club record signing ?

The vast majority on here would I say be gobsmacked if the club did on what has been on view to date.  It will need some strong displays between now and May for this to happen, and at present no evidence of that in his locker on match day. 

MA stated the end of season fee blows away the record signing Famara. 

I haven't seen enough of Dionsey to make a proper judgement but I'm really impressed with those who can after he's played so little. 

They must have a real talent.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I haven't seen enough of Dionsey to make a proper judgement but I'm really impressed with those who can after he's played so little. 

They must have a real talent.

Exactly RR. I don’t feel anyone has seen enough to truly judge him. If he was as appalling as people say, he wouldn’t play. LJ isn’t scared to drop loanees.

Probably with a full preseason and a run of starts you’d see his quality. He was in the Ligue 1 team of the season and St Etienne paid higher for him than we did for Famara.. even with English club premium. It’s a fair comparison because they’re almost exactly the same age. He’s clearly no mug, just having a tough season.

Issue is perhaps it was a mistake to bring in someone low on confidence who needs time to acclimatise. I think he’s probably a signing better made in the summer. We really needed someone who would perform from day 1.

12 hours ago, spudski said:

"The two strikers didn't get hold of it enough" so a change was made.

Anyone think Diony "got hold of it enough"?

!

Difficult to get hold of the ball when you move away from it, literally, as it comes near you.

12 hours ago, Jack Dawe said:

Wtf?

Its plan B, the alternative club in the bag.

Without seeing the game did that top two lead to the team playing longer and the ball sticking? The improvement (?) would allow runners from deeper to get with them. That is the platform , the foothold Lee Johnson talked of. 

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Its plan B, the alternative club in the bag.

Without seeing the game did that top two lead to the team playing longer and the ball sticking? The improvement (?) would allow runners from deeper to get with them. That is the platform , the foothold Lee Johnson talked of. 

The ball up to Djuric "stuck," that worked. But after he laid it off, nothing much changed.

Getting hold of the ball isn't a Diony attribute, from what I have seen so far; Kent gets hold of the ball. Diony wants someone, anyone, everyone else to "get hold"; Kent wants no-one else to "get hold."

Reid had to be nearer Djuric, and nearer the goal/in the box. He doesn't score from outside the box. Baffling. Oh well...

23 hours ago, Robert the bruce said:

Having played a bit of football with and against a fair few ex-pro's I can tell you one thing that's common is how quickly they bring the ball 'under...

This guy couldn't trap a bag of cement.

That's nothing to do with adjusting to anything..............

exactly weak as a kitten gets knocked off the ball to easily on the floor every five minutes call me the bull id call him my little pony

Archived