IGNORED

Mother’s Day

RedM

Nearly forgot, another commercial farce. Greed and exploitation to the gullible from card makers and flower growers everywhere. Absolute garbage.

love your Mum’s,if you are still lucky to have one everyday, not just when a calendar tells you.

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Nearly forgot, another commercial farce. Greed and exploitation to the gullible from card makers and flower growers everywhere. Absolute garbage.

love your Mum’s,if you are still lucky to have one everyday, not just when a calendar tells you.

Does 'm' stand for miserable?!!!

No seriously get what you are saying. My mum is no longer with us and will place some flowers today but i do fairly often anway.

I don't need reminding on this day, having lost my Mum to cancer 11yrs ago this August she gets a thought every single day, without fail. And my daughter gets all the love through me that my Mum would undoubtedly have given her. I feel blessed for that.

For all those who spend time with their Mum today, do it for the right reasons - because you want to, not because you feel like you have to.

5 hours ago, Super said:

Does 'm' stand for miserable?!!!

No seriously get what you are saying. My mum is no longer with us and will place some flowers today but i do fairly often anway.

Leave me alone, I’m happy with my campaign against being brainwashed. :laughcont:

So crazy in Asda this morning, all the people eyeing up eachother flowers and grabbing more in some sort of ‘I’m a better son/daughter’ battle. 

Whilst I fully agree with you @RedM I did smile when I saw what my 14 y/o wrote in my wife's card.

It included the line 'Thanks for persuading me to go to football with Dad that time'

That was her first match aged 9 during our last relegation season and she hasn't looked back since.  What impressed me even more was that she wrote those comments AFTER yesterday's dire match at Burton. I know she wrote it after the match as we stopped in Birmingham on the way back to pick up a card.

Your 'Love your Mum every day if you're still lucky enough to have one' is spot on, and I do with mine, even though she often drives me round the twist.  Also worth sparing a thought for those who don't have great relationships with their Mums, as well as those who have lost them.

I always think of my Mum as the only person in the world who thinks I can do no wrong. I swear she still thinks I'm about 10 mind.  'Make sure you put a coat on in this cold weather', 'You drive carefully' etc.  She still even insists on giving me a bit of pocket money every now and then!  I know full well she's probably heading into 'stoppage time' and I'm going to miss her when the time comes.

1 hour ago, MrBibs said:

Whilst I fully agree with you @RedM I did smile when I saw what my 14 y/o wrote in my wife's card.

It included the line 'Thanks for persuading me to go to football with Dad that time'

That was her first match aged 9 during our last relegation season and she hasn't looked back since.  What impressed me even more was that she wrote those comments AFTER yesterday's dire match at Burton. I know she wrote it after the match as we stopped in Birmingham on the way back to pick up a card.

Your 'Love your Mum every day if you're still lucky enough to have one' is spot on, and I do with mine, even though she often drives me round the twist.  Also worth sparing a thought for those who don't have great relationships with their Mums, as well as those who have lost them.

I always think of my Mum as the only person in the world who thinks I can do no wrong. I swear she still thinks I'm about 10 mind.  'Make sure you put a coat on in this cold weather', 'You drive carefully' etc.  She still even insists on giving me a bit of pocket money every now and then!  I know full well she's probably heading into 'stoppage time' and I'm going to miss her when the time comes.

They do don`t they! I`m sixty next year and drive 50k miles a year and still if I mention I`m driving to London or somewhere she always says ` You be careful, there was a bad accident on the motorway last Tuesday`!

I wouldn`t have her any other way mind.

19 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

They do don`t they! I`m sixty next year and drive 50k miles a year and still if I mention I`m driving to London or somewhere she always says ` You be careful, there was a bad accident on the motorway last Tuesday`!

I wouldn`t have her any other way mind.

Rudolph, no . 

Archived