IGNORED

Motson.. final LIVE commentary Today Radio 5live 1.30 k.o.

WhistleHappy

An absolute legend in football commentary.....a huge part of my childhood, sneaking out of bed to watch MOTD with my Dad to hear Motty describe the games when we had proper football...I still cringe when I think back to when my dear old Dad took me to my first match at Ashton Gate, some 44 years ago, and after a few minutes I asked him “where’s the commentary?” - lots of guffaws around me in the Dolman saw my face turn redder than our kit....my first live match was the first time I’d ever watched football without hearing a commentary, it threw me for a bit! Just shows the influence class acts like John Motson and Barry Davies had on people my age...

Every time I walk into Ashton Gate now I still glance up to the seats in Dolman Block B where me and my Dad were sat for my first game...it gives me a warm feeling inside and reminds me of the rollercoaster we’ve been on ever since!

20 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

An absolute legend in football commentary.....a huge part of my childhood, sneaking out of bed to watch MOTD with my Dad to hear Motty describe the games when we had proper football...I still cringe when I think back to when my dear old Dad took me to my first match at Ashton Gate, some 44 years ago, and after a few minutes I asked him “where’s the commentary?” - lots of guffaws around me in the Dolman saw my face turn redder than our kit....my first live match was the first time I’d ever watched football without hearing a commentary, it threw me for a bit! Just shows the influence class acts like John Motson and Barry Davies had on people my age...

Every time I walk into Ashton Gate now I still glance up to the seats in Dolman Block B where me and my Dad were sat for my first game...it gives me a warm feeling inside and reminds me of the rollercoaster we’ve been on ever since!

Think what it must be like for John Motson. Whenever he is out and about away from a match and opens his mouth to say something people in his vicinity look around and say, Where's the game?'.

Archived