IGNORED

Dubai. What a waste of money

tinman85

14 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Has it ?

Yep. Just got back in my Delorean and in the reality in which we didn’t go to Dubai, we’re 5 points better off, so the trip has literally  cost us wins v Fulham & Burton, and a draw v Preston. We also lost against Sunderland, though, so everyone actually complained about the trip even more than in this reality. (We drew against Cardiff, in case you’re wondering).

All that said, a different me turned up in a different Delorean last week, and in his reality we missed out on winning League One and lost in the playoff final. Sucks to be him, right? Well, apparently not. We snuck up in 2nd the season after and are now 6th in the Premier League.

Always thought that title win was detrimental in the long run.

Anyway, better be off, a me with two kids and a bionic arm just turned up in a Daewoo, so I’m off to find out what the bejeesus is going on with that.

4 minutes ago, RED4LIFE said:

No BLP is right, you're full of shit and seem to only be happy when you're moaning. 

I'm entitled to my opinion. I travel far and wide for every game and pay my money. A lot of posters agree with me as you will note. Glad you are happy with 7th. Each to their own. What I don't do is attack people you will note. If this is a happy clappers forum time for it to be announced. 

People love to look for trends and themes that they can’t really support with evidence in order to explain things.

No one on this thread knows what the team did in Dubai, but some still try to attribute it to poor form.

It’s exactly the same sort of logic people used to cast Holden as some sort of Jonah last season.

Wasn't the Sunderland game the first one after the trip? On the 1st half performance it looked to have worked, but the 2nd half collapse put us back to square one. It was a good idea, the club trying everything possible to give us a boost so can't be faulted for that. We're still in with a chance. If somehow we got promoted I don't know how some of the weak-minded ones on here would cope seeing us lose most weeks.

4 hours ago, EmissionImpossible said:

What is the point of this thread Tinman. I can’t see you raising any pertinent questions or insight or even a debate, it’s your opinion,which of course you are entitled to but the point? Just to further your own agenda? Serious concern?

Tinman85 is chewing on life's - or more specifically, City's - gristle. When he could choose, instead, to simply whistle.

It seems Tinman85, Londoner and a few others can't post anything without numerous posters jumping on their backs. It doesn't seem to matter what they actually say, they get criticised.

Doesn't make good reading.

As for the Dubai trip, seems to have been a complete waste of time and if anything detrimental, so no problem people questioning it.

Perhaps such a dramatic change of scene put some players in an over relaxed end of season mood?

The validity of such a trip was certainly questioned on here at the time.

Archived