IGNORED

Dubai. What a waste of money

tinman85

16 hours ago, windmillhillred said:

Maybe you did but I really struggle to believe that you thought this side was going to be top 6 at the start of the season. Imagine you, like the other 'realists' and many 'happy clappers' thought we were in for a season of struggle. 

Can we just put to bed this ' I bet you would have been happy with seventh at the start of the season nonsense ' ?

Based on last season's struggles of course most of us would have been happy with seventh BUT can anyone really be happy with the collapse since the start of the year that see's us going downhill faster than a Rasta Rocket when we had been within touching distance of glory ?

That is the real question today.

20 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Can we just put to bed this ' I bet you would have been happy with seventh at the start of the season nonsense ' ?

Based on last season's struggles of course most of us would have been happy with seventh BUT can anyone really be happy with the collapse since the start of the year that see's us going downhill faster than a Rasta Rocket when we had been within touching distance of glory ?

That is the real question today.

Despite people talking about our 'collapse' we're still 14th in the form table with teams like Derby and Leeds below us, so still better than previous seasons even when we're playing allegedly badly

5 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

It seems Tinman85, Londoner and a few others can't post anything without numerous posters jumping on their backs. It doesn't seem to matter what they actually say, they get criticised.

Doesn't make good reading.

As for the Dubai trip, seems to have been a complete waste of time and if anything detrimental, so no problem people questioning it.

Perhaps such a dramatic change of scene put some players in an over relaxed end of season mood?

The validity of such a trip was certainly questioned on here at the time.

Thanks Nogbad. Have to say I don't appreciate some of the comments mate against me. Some are rude and uncalled for. I don't ever use expletives etc. Think it's crazy that we are all city fans on here but all have to fall in line with the happy to be midtable year in year out to get any credit 

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Thanks Nogbad. Have to say I don't appreciate some of the comments mate against me. Some are rude and uncalled for. I don't ever use expletives etc. Think it's crazy that we are all city fans on here but all have to fall in line with the happy to be midtable year in year out to get any credit 

I like a bloody good moan as much as the next fan. Born and bred Bristolian now living with the bearded hipster men and women in Frome ;)

You’re all right. Based on last season we’d all have been delighted - perhaps amazed - with Man Utd victory and coming close to Man City - and being where we currently are in the league.

The thing I suppose that hacks me and possibly others of is how that raised our hopes and expectations. With hindsight we were lulled into a false or hopefully premature dawn.

Onwards and upwards. If not now it’ll be then.

Keep on keeping on. 

I agree with the much ridiculed opening poster. I personally do not see the point in mid-season trips to far-flung corners of the earth. 

The fact the “lots of teams do it” should not be held as gospel that it’s the right thing to do. 

My thoughts are that we have a manager who is looking for the smallest margins of gain. Whatever training/coaching/analysis took place in Dubai surely could have been done at Failand? We wouldn’t have been there for any kind of altitude or warm-weather training because we were a team that needed legs rested, not tuned-up. 

We often hear about Champions league fixtures where the team complain of tiredness for having to travel to and from distant countries, and the effects long distance travel can have on a finely-tuned athlete. 

No problem with this sort of thing pre-season to focus on fitness and bonding, but I see absolutely no benefit in these sort of trips mid-season. 

8 hours ago, Harry said:

I agree with the much ridiculed opening poster. I personally do not see the point in mid-season trips to far-flung corners of the earth. 

The fact the “lots of teams do it” should not be held as gospel that it’s the right thing to do. 

My thoughts are that we have a manager who is looking for the smallest margins of gain. Whatever training/coaching/analysis took place in Dubai surely could have been done at Failand? We wouldn’t have been there for any kind of altitude or warm-weather training because we were a team that needed legs rested, not tuned-up. 

We often hear about Champions league fixtures where the team complain of tiredness for having to travel to and from distant countries, and the effects long distance travel can have on a finely-tuned athlete. 

No problem with this sort of thing pre-season to focus on fitness and bonding, but I see absolutely no benefit in these sort of trips mid-season. 

Maybe it should have been secure a playoff position and we'll go to Dubai?

2 hours ago, DaveInSA said:

Dubai is a sterile, rich kids playground. The squad will have learnt little there.

a couple of years ago the Botswana trio worked wonders. 

Now there’s an idea - take them away from their comforts and maybe they’ll learn something.

I did some volunteering in Kenya last summer with a group of other City lads. We visited a number of schools and orphanages and we played football against them all, including games against a ‘street kids’ team and a match against The Nairobi Queens, the 4th best women’s team in Kenya. 

We are all English ‘lads’, with all the culture and attitude of ‘lads’ and we were, to a man, incredibly humbled and in tears at some the things we saw and experienced. 

A City visit to Waithaka and Kawangware in West Nairobi will be a huge eye opener for our squad, and one I would hugely recommend. 

Some damn fine players on the streets and orphanages out there too, I can tell you. Would be a decent scouting mission too. 

20 hours ago, ashton_fan said:

Despite people talking about our 'collapse' we're still 14th in the form table with teams like Derby and Leeds below us, so still better than previous seasons even when we're playing allegedly badly

If we are talking last 6...6 points from 6 games extrapolated is relegation form tbh.

In the last 10, or the period of the last 10, it's 11 points from 10. Again, extrapolated it's relegation scrap worthy.

It's just that there are quite a few teams in the Championship this year in awful form...some say 43 points maybe enough to survive which is fairly ridiculous. The fact that Burton and Bolton have helped to dig themselves out, shows a certain weakness at the bottom- teams we were sure were doomed, and particularly Bolton.

A side like Burton with 3 draws and the rest defeats, from 15 home games not only being in touch- but a mere 2 points off safety- tells a story!

On 3/11/2018 at 21:49, tinman85 said:

I'm entitled to my opinion. I travel far and wide for every game and pay my money. A lot of posters agree with me as you will note. Glad you are happy with 7th. Each to their own. What I don't do is attack people you will note. If this is a happy clappers forum time for it to be announced. 

Can you not see the hypocrisy in what you're saying? 

"you can't stop me voicing my opinion as it's an open forum, but if you disagree you're a happy clapper"

Archived