IGNORED

Thought you had more class Jamie?

Spoons

3 hours ago, Vespa Red said:

No, come on now.  I'm sure I speak for us ALL when I say that we've all at some point missed Steve Phillips and wished he'd come back to command his box again!

....and as soon as we were relegated from the top flight, Sir Donnie Gillies joined Roverzzz....took me years to get over that!

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I remember him throwing a coin back into the crowd at Arsenal after it was thrown at him which was a very stupid thing to do....what else has he done?

Stan Collymore did that at Ashton Gate.

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Did he? It wasn’t in that horrible 1-4 game around Xmas was it? If I’d been a pro footballer, I’d be throwing photocopies of my payslips into the crowd if they were giving me some...that would hurt them a lot more!

Yep when he ripped us apart. He was brilliant that day in fairness.

1 minute ago, Super said:

Yep when he ripped us apart. He was brilliant that day in fairness.

He was, unplayable....I remember the gasheads in the away end that day...who announced themselves when safely surrounded by Forest fans...pathetic...yet it’s only ‘them gert pesky ‘teds’ who turn up in the away end at their home games....apparently!

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Bollocks. The dad does jack shit wrong. Carragher has had years of worse than that and should know better. 

It’ll be outrageous if he doesn’t get the sack. 

You're the copper Fordy... Yes disgusting Carragher should be sacked...  As a copper though I'd have thought you'd be calling for the dad to be prosecuted for using/filming events on a mobile phone whilst driving, he's an absolute ****.. His daughter should sue JC while the dad with (gleeful 'Carragher spat at my daughter' £££signs in his eyes) should be fined at least as much as the papers are paying him for the footage plus a driving penalty and points on his licence... 

The only one coming out of this with any credit is the young girl, she deserves more than a simple apology from the multi millionaire chav - put your filthy mits in your pocket Carragher and compensate the only innocent one in this, the victim!

Anyway Fordy, the dad, filming while driving?.. Thoughts from a professional point of view?

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

You're the copper Fordy... Yes disgusting Carragher should be sacked...  As a copper though I'd have thought you'd be calling for the dad to be prosecuted for using/filming events on a mobile phone whilst driving, he's an absolute ****.. His daughter should sue JC while the dad with (gleeful 'Carragher spat at my daughter' £££signs in his eyes) should be fined at least as much as the papers are paying him for the footage plus a driving penalty and points on his licence... 

The only one coming out of this with any credit is the young girl, she deserves more than a simple apology from the multi millionaire chav - put your filthy mits in your pocket Carragher and compensate the only innocent one in this, the victim!

Anyway Fordy, the dad, filming while driving?.. Thoughts from a professional point of view?

How do you know it wasn't from a dash cam? if it was its not illegal and as we know police will only use dash cam as evidence when it suits them.

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

Uhhhh, interesting question. 

Hes undoubtedly committed the offence, so he’s fair game I suppose. 

I actually think the dad did quite well to be so restrained. I’d have acted quite differently if he’d spat in my daughters face... arrested him, obviously!

49 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Disgusting from Carragher but what an absolute bell end the bloke filming it is, loving the fact he's got a reaction without any care for his daughter...

Yes, feel doubly sorry for the girl for a) being spat at by a bell and b) having an even bigger bell as a dad. 

He's just been on SSN apologies in abundance as you might expect. Says it was "a moment of madness" and has apologised to the girl  and her father. 

Fair play to the presenter who fired some very decent questions at him.he was really squirming.

Hes been suspended from Sky.

7 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

His argument was that he was goaded a number of times during the journey after the game - which might explain his over reaction - no excuse though and totally out of order.

Don't have a problem with footballers verbally reacting to abuse from fans, we're all human, but spitting is the lowest form of reaction.

Under the law, it's also an assault!

why anyone would assume he is a person of class in the first place is beyond me, but that's beside the point. 

I wrote recently on this page about a run-in I had with John Aldridge during a home game at AG mid-90s. Cheating git took a dive then scored the resulting penalty. I (along with several others) saw it as our duty to give him dog's abuse at half-time as he was going towards the Atyeo tunnel. He looked me in the eye and gave me a wink and a cheeky smile. I've got to tip my hat to him, he took it as part of the panto that is football, and frankly his reaction at the time sent me through the roof! He played the situation bang on and i respect him for it. That Carragher can't rise above a ribbing says much. For all that, he is human - i'm sure most of us would have snapped every now and again if we lived the best part of our life facing grief, cat calls and wind-ups from complete and utter strangers. The right way to react would have been to do what Aldridge did to me, but unless you're in that situation it's hard to judge. Carragher did a scumbag thing, but I see no reason this should go further than a sincere apology (from both sides, incidentally). 

6 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Does anyone really believe he's genuinely sorry?

Does anyone think he'd have apologised if it hadn't been filmed and threatened his lucrative career?

He's only sorry he got caught.

What a gobshite!

I agree, he says it because he has too and save his arse. I dont believe for a minute he is actually sorry.

A mocking meme shows Carragher's fellow pundits wearing protective headgear

26 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Does anyone really believe he's genuinely sorry?

Does anyone think he'd have apologised if it hadn't been filmed and threatened his lucrative career?

He's only sorry he got caught.

What a gobshite!

Have to say his twitter "apology" did come across that way.

Archived