IGNORED

Thought you had more class Jamie?

Spoons

38 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Vile bloke, hope this ruins him.

This for me. Im sure it will to be fair. After watching it again im actually in dis belief, disgusting behaviour and he should never appear as a pundit ever again. For me this is worse than what Grey and Keys said about the female linesman...

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

why anyone would assume he is a person of class in the first place is beyond me, but that's beside the point. 

I wrote recently on this page about a run-in I had with John Aldridge during a home game at AG mid-90s. Cheating git took a dive then scored the resulting penalty. I (along with several others) saw it as our duty to give him dog's abuse at half-time as he was going towards the Atyeo tunnel. He looked me in the eye and gave me a wink and a cheeky smile. I've got to tip my hat to him, he took it as part of the panto that is football, and frankly his reaction at the time sent me through the roof! He played the situation bang on and i respect him for it. That Carragher can't rise above a ribbing says much. For all that, he is human - i'm sure most of us would have snapped every now and again if we lived the best part of our life facing grief, cat calls and wind-ups from complete and utter strangers. The right way to react would have been to do what Aldridge did to me, but unless you're in that situation it's hard to judge. Carragher did a scumbag thing, but I see no reason this should go further than a sincere apology (from both sides, incidentally). 

I was right behind it. Top corner Bullet. I always thought he may have flicked the V as well which sent everyone mental. 

What a messy affair and a terrible weekend all round for JC. 

21 minutes ago, Cunnyfunt said:

I was right behind it. Top corner Bullet. I always thought he may have flicked the V as well which sent everyone mental. 

What a messy affair and a terrible weekend all round for JC. 

a feisty afternoon and we absolutely exploded in fury :D I'm sure, nowadays, a few people would have got chucked out the stadium and possibly banned for their reaction! (and yes, come to think of it, I reckon you're dead right about him flicking the Vs at us)

as for JC - I think you've nailed it. Just a stupid, horrible thing to get caught up in. Even if he doesn't get fired, the incident will stalk him for a long time yet. 

1 hour ago, bris red said:

This for me. Im sure it will to be fair. After watching it again im actually in dis belief, disgusting behaviour and he should never appear as a pundit ever again. For me this is worse than what Grey and Keys said about the female linesman...

What about Kirsty Gallagher drink driving? Worse? Not excusing him btw for me he can have no complaints if he gets sacked.

7 hours ago, lenred said:

Yep, I’m listening as got the day off.  It was pretty sickening wasn’t it? Danny Murphy (who I usually like) also kept on referencing other players as well saying they had done ‘far worse’ but couldn’t say as it ‘wasn’t fair’. He also talked about Joey Barton and his crimes and he also said he himself  had  done some really bad things but wouldn’t say what. All very odd but basically all trying to cover Carraghers backside for an hour. Theyre now sticking up for Gold, Brady and Sullivan.  Can’t have anything tarnishing or threatening the holy Sky Football brand can we!

Interesting that Joey Barton speaking on Talksport this am, drew the line at spitting

3 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

Interesting that Joey Barton speaking on Talksport this am, drew the line at spitting

He really takes the piss with what he has done! He is a joke along with Vinny Jones.

44 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Disgusting by JC, even worse form by the driver (why would you willingly share that video thinking you came out looking rosy?) and don't get me started on the vermin that is Joey Barton. Class A *****.

It’s not really worse from the driver though is it?

1 hour ago, Ser Davos Ciderworth said:

A vile act. The dad showed remarkable restraint. 

Let’s face it. The Dad does not so much so restraint as absolute disregard for the welfare of his daughter. You can literally hear pound signs form in his eyes as he says about what Carragher did to “his daughter” as though this is all about him and the daughter is irrelevant. If he had showed remarkable restraint, he would have not started filming and goading someone whilst his daughter was in the car and he would have shown some concern about his daughter who had been spat on. He shows glee, not restraint, and that is unforgivable.

All that said, it has to be said that what he said to Carragher was utterly trivial and there is on excuse for Carragher’s reaction. If he spits on a fourteen year old over that, I would hate to see him react to serious abuse.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s not really worse from the driver though is it?

The driver does not seem to care that his daughter has been spat on and practically skips off whistling “we’re in the money”.

Obviously not worse than spitting on a teenage girl but certainly not behaviour I personally would publicise.

So just to be clear JC is a tool, but I think the dad should be up on charges.  

Think about it, he was filming and driving, and goading JC for a reaction all while driving with his little girl in the car.  As it turns out he didn't crash injuring some pedestrian or himself or his daughter.  He got what he wanted a few bob for selling his video to the mirror, what a ****.

Not surprised Sky havent sacked him, if thirsty kirsty doesnt go for DUI, then I'm not shocked they've not sacked JC for this misconduct. Both idiots but Carragher should have just kept his window up and ignored it. Driving without his seatbelt on too, hopefully police clocked that.

10 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Bollocks. The dad does jack shit wrong. Carragher has had years of worse than that and should know better. 

It’ll be outrageous if he doesn’t get the sack. 

Totally disagree, it's easy to say "Carra spat, that's out of order", what about the dad driving one handed so he could record it, the second he points him out his daughter says "stop it!" before the incident even takes place, he then winds the window down whilst recording so that would be what I assume a no-handed bit of driving, one hand holding the phone and one to push down the window button, his daughter then gets spat on and you can literally hear him showing no care in the world about his daughter. He's far more interested in what Carra has done and you can hear he's already thinking about how he can benefit from it.
The father was driving without any attention to the road, whilst using his phone, just so he could goad a footballer all whilst his 14 year old daughter asked him to stop. It would be a far different story if he'd gone off of the road and crashed and killed his daughter wouldn't it....

Carra should know better and should be forced to apologize but that father endangered his own daughters safety for his own benefit of giving an ex footballer a bit of banter.

As for sacking him, taking away his medals etc... what a load of old s***. There are plenty of good workers who have done things far worse than this without even being goaded and have got as little as a slap on the wrist. Bottom line is people know who Carra is so they expect him to be a saint all of the time no matter what's going on in his personal life. Was it wrong, yes, did he apologize, yes, do you think the father who was driving without due care and attention and upsetting his own daughter cares less about what he did.... does he b****cks

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

Totally disagree, it's easy to say "Carra spat, that's out of order", what about the dad driving one handed so he could record it, the second he points him out his daughter says "stop it!" before the incident even takes place, he then winds the window down whilst recording so that would be what I assume a no-handed bit of driving, one hand holding the phone and one to push down the window button, his daughter then gets spat on and you can literally hear him showing no care in the world about his daughter. He's far more interested in what Carra has done and you can hear he's already thinking about how he can benefit from it.
The father was driving without any attention to the road, whilst using his phone, just so he could goad a footballer all whilst his 14 year old daughter asked him to stop. It would be a far different story if he'd gone off of the road and crashed and killed his daughter wouldn't it....

Carra should know better and should be forced to apologize but that father endangered his own daughters safety for his own benefit of giving an ex footballer a bit of banter.

As for sacking him, taking away his medals etc... what a load of old s***. There are plenty of good workers who have done things far worse than this without even being goaded and have got as little as a slap on the wrist. Bottom line is people know who Carra is so they expect him to be a saint all of the time no matter what's going on in his personal life. Was it wrong, yes, did he apologize, yes, do you think the father who was driving without due care and attention and upsetting his own daughter cares less about what he did.... does he b****cks

Wish I could like this 100 times. Anybody who disagrees is simply wrong.

12 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I personally think that if you send your bodily fluid over a person then that's a sexual act,

therefore he should be as she is minor tried accordingly.

Get a grip ffs.

Had he come out and said “we had just lost a huge game, I was fuming inside about the game so when this person ribbed me I just lost it” I’d have far greater respect than all the bollocks he has been saying.

Losing a big game of football is tough and we all become frustrated. Over the years I’ve smashed things etc and had my run ins with away fans. His response (not actions) was entirely normal and I just wish he would have said that.

Ask Sky have had him in the studio interviewing him etc I very much doubt he will be sacked.

Archived