IGNORED

Thought you had more class Jamie?

Spoons

43 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

You don't see anything wrong with a somebody using their phone to film whilst driving, with their young daughter in the car?

Of course I see that’s wrong. I was just correcting you when you said the driver was worse. 

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Abusing?

Im not sure what’s worse. Carragher’s actions or Carragher apologists. 

Talking to someone on the weekend who’s daughter was knocked down and killed while pushing a pram across a road. The driver was on his?

5 minutes ago, swanker said:

Talking to someone on the weekend who’s daughter was knocked down and killed while pushing a pram across a road. The driver was on his?

Both Carragher and the driver of the car are at fault, don't think anybody is questioning that. Especially when he was driving a child, filming and apparently not bothered that his daughter had been spat over.

But to apologize for Carragher's actions and push the blame elsewhere is ridiculous. Disgusting act from a professional who should have just kept his cool. After such a great career for Liverpool and England, this stupid act is now how he'll be remembered for the rest of time.

14 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Of course I see that’s wrong. I was just correcting you when you said the driver was worse. 

Just let me get this clear....I've no idea if you have a family, but lets's for arguments sake say you have a 14 year old daughter....

Are you seriously saying you would rather somebody endanger her safety by driving her around whilst filming and goading other motorists, thereby taking their concentration off the road and breaking the law in the process than have her be spat on?  REALLY????

Obviously you would rather neither happened, but gun to the head and a choice between the two and you would choose her safety being compromised....?

There is zero defence for Carragher's actions, which were reprehensible, but to say his behaviour was the worst of the two is quite frankly bizarre.

For me the only person who comes out of this not smelling like shit is the girl herself.

It’s all quite simple really, if you try not to make excuses for people. 

Driver should be arrested for using his mobile phone whilst driving. 

Carragher should be arrested for assault and removed from his public position as a Sky pundit. 

I don’t see why anyone would have any other conclusion. If you do, then you are defending / making excuses for 2 blokes who really ought to know better. There are no excuses for the behaviour of either and both should suffer the consequences for being absolute *****. 

22 hours ago, Harry said:

Carragher should be arrested for assault and removed from his public position as a Sky pundit. 

I don’t see why anyone would have any other conclusion. If you do, then you are defending / making excuses for 2 blokes who really ought to know better. There are no excuses for the behaviour of either and both should suffer the consequences for being absolute *****. 

Aye, that's about the size of it.

22 hours ago, Harry said:

Spot on. Forgetting the driver for a minute I have no sympathy for Carragher losing his ‘job’ with Sky Sports.

This isnt a tradesman or a shop worker we are talking about, this is a guy who has become a millionaire from playing the game. If that wasn’t enough he has continued to earn Millions with Sky Sports off the field. Somebody in the extremely privileged position he’s in needs to understand that you are one wrong move away from losing these extreme privileges. No sympathy from me whatsoever im afraid and like i said it’s certainly different to joe bloggs losing his job, im sure Jamie and his family wont starv:yes:

2 minutes ago, bris red said:

Spot on. Forgetting the driver for a minute I have no sympathy for Carragher losing his ‘job’ with Sky Sports.

This isnt a tradesman or a shop worker we are talking about, this is a guy who has become a millionaire from playing the game. If that wasn’t enough he has continued to earn Millions with Sky Sports off the field. Somebody in the extremely privileged position he’s in needs to understand that you are one wrong move away from losing these extreme privileges. No sympathy from me whatsoever im afraid and like i said it’s certainly different to joe bloggs losing his job, im sure Jamie and his family wont starv:yes:

He will be back next season without doubt.

6 minutes ago, bris red said:

You think? I don’t.

They would have sacked him already like they have with others.

The statement to me says the door is open for him to return

A Sky Sports spokesman said: "Following an internal review, Sky has suspended Jamie Carragher for the remainder of the football season.

"Jamie has taken full responsibility for what has happened and we will ensure he gets the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again.

"Before the start of the next season we will sit down with Jamie to discuss whether he is ready to return to his role."

4 minutes ago, Super said:

A Sky Sports spokesman said: "Following an internal review, Sky has suspended Jamie Carragher for the remainder of the football season.

"Jamie has taken full responsibility for what has happened and we will ensure he gets the help he needs to guarantee something like this never happens again.

"Before the start of the next season we will sit down with Jamie to discuss whether he is ready to return to his role."

12 minutes ago, bris red said:

You think? I don’t.

For me , defo not sacked . Load of HR PR spin “ help him get through !!!!” FFS what is this , counselling ? Dreadfully inadequate action by Sky . Irrespective of any provocation or that driver may face action , JC is in full view of public . If Marsh was sacked then so should JC . A good reminder why I’ll never ever subscribe to Sky . 

1 hour ago, Super said:

Perhaps he needs 'punched in the face therapy'?.

Who was it who said "I would rather be punched in the face than spat at in the face"????.

Well as I said before at least we now know Sky's level for being sacked and it is a pretty low level.

You can take the Scouser out of Liverpool................................................................................

9 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Perhaps he needs 'punched in the face therapy'?.

Who was it who said "I would rather be punched in the face than spat at in the face"????.

Well as I said before at least we now know Sky's level for being sacked and it is a pretty low level.

You can take the Scouser out of Liverpool................................................................................

Just as well he's not over 50 like Rodney Marsh, Andy Gray and Richard Keys were.

So's Kirsty Gallagher....

Archived