IGNORED

The man who predicted football's future (Merged)

23 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Shame about the Europe prediction. If he meant the Anglo-Italian cup mind then it's a full house for Harry!

He predicted an European League, which is remarkable to see back in the 60s early 70s.

But sadly as you say City will never play in Europe.

6 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

My understanding is that the funding of the Dolman stand was the beginning of the 2nd of February 1982. Piss in your pants and it will eventually get cold

We got into debt and had to sell Chris Garland.

Apart from the long contracts I heard that a lot of money was spunked in court battles between directors who were trying to get overall control of the club. The source was definitely behind the scenes at the club during the 1970's so I don't have any reason to doubt what he said.

Yeah, I did..

Think the sound of the city piece had more info on Harry Dolman, but not a bad little piece featuring Joe Sims and Marina. 

Gotta love Joe Sims enthusiasm and Marina just oozes class.  What a lady to represent our club. 

48 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

My understanding is that the funding of the Dolman stand was the beginning of the 2nd of February 1982. Piss in your pants and it will eventually get cold

What does that even mean?

17 minutes ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

:laugh: few episodes of Chuggington & the usual stint on Casulty doesn’t make him a a famous actor , I have no idea who he is.

He was in Broadchurch - one of the most watched TV series a couple of years ago!  Seems like a real fan rather than a luvvie, to be fair.

3 minutes ago, In the Net said:

He was in Broadchurch - one of the most watched TV series a couple of years ago!  Seems like a real fan rather than a luvvie, to be fair.

No never watched it usual Peado edgy crime drama, the real world sick enough without having to watch tv series on about it.

I just don’t enjoy the whole I’m a daft **** from Bristol who has cider out my taps routine , even that Josie bird who Murray knocks around with giving the routine a rest.

should got Blackadder bloke doing it for it to have credibility 

10 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Know Joe to an extent , and when you can say you've stood with him at Luton on a Tuesday night at 3-0 down in the 1st round of the league cup...

hes a real fan. 

So spot on!

3 hours ago, In the Net said:

Must be an age thing ,but Joe just seems to be of the Russel Brand ilk,where they have to milk the man on the street accent for whatever reason,all comes across as a bit fake to me.

4 hours ago, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

Know Joe to an extent , and when you can say you've stood with him at Luton on a Tuesday night at 3-0 down in the 1st round of the league cup...

hes a real fan. 

So spot on!

Met him on Boxing day. Seemed completely genuine to me.  Got some dodgy mates though....

6 hours ago, PeterStyvarsRightFoot said:

hes a real fan. 

So spot on!

Seem him at AG many times and notably in the Rising Sun after the Walsall promotion game with the vicar from Call the Midwife and several others.

All in colours and raucously singing City songs.

Doubt there was any sort of act put on for the Harry Dolman programme or the Marina interview - his excitable and imo. endearing behaviour was the norm for him I should think.

He must be a reasonable actor to transform himself believably into some of the sinister characters he plays.

Archived