IGNORED

I wonder what the players think of their fans ?

lgbbcf

16 hours ago, 54-46 said:

Personally I don’t give a **** what players think of me. I was here long before they  turned up and will be here after they’ve ****** off for a pay rise somewhere else

15 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I don’t think players give a toss about the fans really...the pros/ex-pros I’ve spoken to say they can’t hear anything from the stands during the game as they focus on the match and block everything else out. 

Personally, I could not disagree more. IMO, fans are a hugely influential factor in the players' performances. 

Nothing is more encouraging than a huge crowd creating an intimidating atmosphere- managers and players don't talk about the 12th man as a gimmick. 

I think we should care what the players think of us, surely the more at home and comfortable and appreciated they feel, the more they will want to stay at the club and perform.

I can think of two key examples of this, one Rafa Benitez said one of the main reasons he stayed at Newcastle was the huge fan ban he had. Two, someone posted a link to a video about the PSG ultras a week or so ago. In it there were many players talking about how important the PSG ultras were in their success during matches. 

This is why I get so frustrated when I'm sitting in the Lansdown stand trying to make some noise while the people around me have their heads burried in the programme or their phone, not appreciating the players. The only time they make any noise is when they decide to abuse the players for making little mistakes (and the people around me sit so close to the pitch that the players can definitely hear.)

So, I think instead of us feeling entitled to judge the players without caring what they think, maybe we should support them and try and make them feel as comfortable as possible. We all know what psychology does to performances (Just look at this poor run!)

These would be the fans that have been the biggest away following in the country a couple of times in the last year or two. That broke the record for visiting supporters in Manchester and show up every week.

I reckon the players think we are awesome!

3 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

So because it didn’t happen to you then you dismiss the comment as b*llocks???

You must not know any a$$hokes I guess, although for me, anyone who even goes Paintballing by definition is an a$$hole, but then that’s just me

Please read before posting: Robbored suggested ALL males who go Paintballing with drink involved act like the BCFC mob did. I'm just saying I've been countless times for stags, work etc. and never experienced the behavior mentioned on the City lads visit to Portishead.

28 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Please read before posting: Robbored suggested ALL males who go Paintballing with drink involved act like the BCFC mob did. I'm just saying I've been countless times for stags, work etc. and never experienced the behavior mentioned on the City lads visit to Portishead.

No I didn't say that ALL males that go paintballing with drink involved act like the City players so say did.

Read my post again..............:disapointed2se:

55 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

I did thanks, and see no reason to change my comment based on your post

1 hour ago, ZiderEyed said:

At the risk of getting a massive whoosh, is this real?

Yes. Whether you believe it or not is up to you, merely relaying what Bryan told a group of us on a night out in a thread where the original poster wanted to know what players thought of the fans.

10 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Yes. Whether you believe it or not is up to you, merely relaying what Bryan told a group of us on a night out in a thread where the original poster wanted to know what players thought of the fans.

Kinell, expected better from players like that.

No doubt a lot of players and individuals who are non players, who are in football- some may call it the industry- whatever terminology you use  Sport for me, but plenty call it business and industry now), tossers tbh.

Always thought ours were some of the better ones, but that much cash that soon... Modern playersare media trained to within an inch of their lives, especially Championship and upwards.  However I do think they genuinely appreciated the backing at Manchester and in general this year. Both have some truth IMO.

Agreed with @Williams' Penalty though- how the fans get behind a side, the chemistry between the two- can and does make a difference. At times, a decisive one, but it all absolutely helps when there is vocal backing and passionate, noisy fans.

25 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Kinell, expected better from players like that.

Probably the fact that Bryan is a bit more switched on than your average footballer makes him a bit more cynical.

He’s done a couple of things on social media that have hinted he thinks fans can be clueless.. remember that ‘fraud’ thing on instagram/twitter or wherever he posted it.

5 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Don’t they say never meet your hero’s!  We as fans have a perception that players love football, love the club, always want to talk football etc etc when the reality is probably different.  Why would a pro footballer want to talk to somebody they don’t know about football when they are not in work, just to appease some sense of loyalty they probably don’t feel?  Especially if the random chatting to them is pi$$ed up in the pub and liable to spill drink on them! If I played for City I would stay well clear of any fans to be honest

Almost agree with you, as I did see Flinty in the supermarket last week in Portishead but he certainly isn't my hero, however our kid did ask if I spoke to him and I said no, why the heck would someone I only see on a football pitch want to speak to me, i got nothing to say really and I must admit he did look blinking miserable, we walked up and down the aisles and i just couldn't think of anything so didn't bother and too old for these selfie thingys, only thing i noticed, we have different tastes in drinks, he grabbed water, i grabbed red bull to put next to my trolley full of beer! 

34 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Probably the fact that Bryan is a bit more switched on than your average footballer makes him a bit more cynical.

He’s done a couple of things on social media that have hinted he thinks fans can be clueless.. remember that ‘fraud’ thing on instagram/twitter or wherever he posted it.

Vocal minority springs to mind. How many actually thought Bryan was a fraud?

Got to say now you mention that I'm not nearly as surprised as I was.

don't think the modern players really give a toss what we think - why would they. Even at this level they're earning a fortune, we're just a noisey inconvenience. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure they love the adoration that feeds the ego and gets the birds, but anything less than blanket worship and it's, "what do they know about football."

On the subject of 'never meet your heroes', had the pleasure of meeting Jacki many times in Warsaw (my mate used to do his accounts and he turned out a cpl of times for the pub team!) and he's an absolutely blinding fella with always a good word to say about city. I'm sure the same applies to many of our former players, unfortunately they hail from a different, far simpler era when the connection between fans and players was stronger. 

I mentioned recently in another thread that when I was leaving the Dolman early ( yes I know ) a guy I passed asked me if there was a fire drill. Very drool. It was well into the two minutes of added time and we were winning 4-0. I told the guy I had a bus to catch and there's only half a minute left. He replied " but you have to clap the team off".

Now don't get me wrong I have supported for the best part of 63 years and will cheer and encourage like any other but I don't feel I have to wait for the team to stroll over with their insincere pathetic clapping of hands to the crowd, regardless of how they have performed, and respond likewise. I have paid, to me a fair amount of money, to watch whatever has gone on beforehand. They are well paid for what they do. If anyone spouts up that it is a short career then like millions of others I have been made redundant, three times, and we have just got our asses into gear and got another job. Most players do not remain at clubs for very long and have no affiliation to the club or fans, it's a job. Gone are the days when it mattered to players about their club and how it affected the fans. I'm not even going to comment on how they get paid vast amounts at an early age and how it is likely to affect their behaviour.

Archived