IGNORED

were you going to Russia?and now changed your mind?

9 minutes ago, Chappers said:

Don't believe all that May says, after all, since she has been PM, the Tories has taken over £820k from Russian donors. 

I think this one is clear cut in fairness. 

3 minutes ago, Chappers said:

What has this to do with Jeremy Kyle? Theresa May is standing there pretending she knows what's going on, talking tough and pious, yet her party is happy to take money from people and organisations close to Putin. 

Which of course makes it all ok for the Russians to do whatever takes their fancy- like state controlled and funded cheating in sport or poisoning British citizens.

I hate politics in Sport but supporting Putler in Russia is just gonna embolden him further.

As for English fans going to Russia- I'm sure they'll be given a warm welcome by local fans so long as they're not critical in any way, black, gay or ,umm, English.

last year me and my wife contemplated doing a cruise which would end up at St Petersburg. The city looks absolutely glorious. We decided against it and just as well as Baby Batgirl decided to make an appearance (how did that happen?)

I've always been hit and miss as to whether i'd want to go to Russia on it's own. If it fell part of a cruise where you are only there for a short time, then that would have been more appealing to me.

Incredibly daft holding a world cup there, but that's FIFA for you.

Booked up Volgograd, Nizhny Novgorod and Kaliningrad back in December and don’t intend to change any plans now. Tickets paid for a month or so ago (for as far as England go - so, most likely a big refund coming my way after the tournament)  

Really looking forward to it.

The scare stories have managed to become even more ludicrous than before recent tournaments in Ukraine, South Africa and Brazil - especially the one about Volgograd being attacked by a plague of locusts. 

As things stand, going to Kaliningrad for Belgium game and all England games from Q/F's onwards.

Could have gone to all of them but didn't fancy venturing into deepest Russia in the early stages, will see how they go and if it's not looking good the flights into Gdansk and out of Kaunus can still be used to visit beautiful cities without bothering Kaliningrad.

That's how I'm viewing it at the moment.

Would think there is zero chance of the much talked about boycott.

2 minutes ago, NickJ said:

As things stand, going to Kaliningrad for Belgium game and all England games from Q/F's onwards.

Could have gone to all of them but didn't fancy venturing into deepest Russia in the early stages, will see how they go and if it's not looking good the flights into Gdansk and out of Kaunus can still be used to visit beautiful cities without bothering Kaliningrad.

That's how I'm viewing it at the moment.

Would think there is zero chance of the much talked about boycott.

Fair play to you. You genuinely couldn’t pay me to go to Russia this summer..

If you had planned on going, no reason why you should change your mind. 

The anti-Russia rhetoric is in full swing isn’t it. And it’ll all be proven in the long run to be a load of nonsense. 

Quite why our government (the nobend Gavin Williamson in particular) think it’s a good idea to continually attempt to provoke Russia into a war, I don’t know. If they want a war with Russia, there’s only one winner. We are being ruled by absolute warmongering idiots. And Russia simply aren’t playing ball and hopefully will continue to ignore all of the BS coming from the UK gov. 

If Russia do want to react against us, buy yourselves plenty of blankets and jumpers, cuz the first thing they’ll do is shut off our gas supply. Brrrrr. 

As for this nonsense about “we’re pulling out of the cup” or “right, we won’t send William, that’ll show ‘em”, do you really think Russia give a flying ****! 

I have Russian friends who adore the strongman Putin , and I understand why .

After the fall of the Soviet Union morale was at an all time low for the Russians . They'd been spanked by the West into submission and the country was vulnerable.

Putin gave them back their national pride , the bear showed it's teeth again. 

Russia needs to be strong given the size of the country and with whom they share their borders.

They also have a history of being invaded ( mostly ineffectively by the West ) and this is in their collective consciousness.

Putin is ruthless in protecting his empire . The Russians suck up the propaganda issued from the Kremlin or at best accept it as a necessary evil to live in ' peace ' .

I believe in democracy and freedom and am sad that in the 21st century countries are still at war .

In the U.K. we are fortunate to be protected by the seas around us and have the luxury of stable borders. 

If we were menaced constantly by let's say , China , who would you prefer at the head of your government ? 

Theresa May or Putin ? 

That , I'm afraid, is the dilemma .

1 hour ago, Harry said:

If you had planned on going, no reason why you should change your mind. 

The anti-Russia rhetoric is in full swing isn’t it. And it’ll all be proven in the long run to be a load of nonsense. 

Quite why our government (the nobend Gavin Williamson in particular) think it’s a good idea to continually attempt to provoke Russia into a war, I don’t know. If they want a war with Russia, there’s only one winner. We are being ruled by absolute warmongering idiots. And Russia simply aren’t playing ball and hopefully will continue to ignore all of the BS coming from the UK gov. 

If Russia do want to react against us, buy yourselves plenty of blankets and jumpers, cuz the first thing they’ll do is shut off our gas supply. Brrrrr. 

As for this nonsense about “we’re pulling out of the cup” or “right, we won’t send William, that’ll show ‘em”, do you really think Russia give a flying ****! 

Thanks, Comrade Harry- I'll let my Ukranian Missus know that's it's all BS and the annexation of part of her country was all just a misunderstanding by a guy with really good intentions.

As we only get about 20% of our gas from Russia (indirectly via European pipelines) then I'm not quite sure how they will shut off our entire supply and in any event it's about time we had more solar,wind and hydro electric.

We didn't move out of the Stone Age because we ran out of stone.

On topic- those who have already booked themselves to Russia for the world cup will obviously want to turn up and quite so but those thinking it's probably one tournament worth avoiding may end up being pleased with their choice on a number of levels not least for football reasons.

Archived