IGNORED

Renewed or not renewed. Please post here

Bristol Rob
Message added by Dollymarie

Hi all, 

I know there’s a thread already, but I thought I’d start one so we can gauge how many people on here have renewed so far, or haven’t renewed based on the current pricing. 

If you could also post (if you don’t mind) saying if you are or aren’t affected by the pricing announced at this stage. 

For example, I would be 

“Not renewed and not affected by pricing”

Hope that makes sense. 

31 minutes ago, kivsy said:

Have renewed , in south stand singing section , I had to pay £50 extra last year , although didn’t get much sympathy on here.  Was told better facilities.  View etc 

I made that point that the club stealthily upped the cheapest ST at AG by £50. The correct response from the club was to make the whole SS £299 but that would have been sensible. 

Not renewed yet. 1 adult plus 1 under 12, in Dolman. 

I will definitely be renewing my adult ticket. Unsure yet in bothering with my sons. 

I think £99 with a free shirt is still decent value, but the principle of doubling the price for him overnight is not on. 

I think the club need to be VERY worried about this thread and realise that people are not happy and this pricing could cause a lot of damage to the substantial growth that we’ve seen over the last 2 seasons. 

There are names on here that I know live & breathe City, that have not renewed. 

I’d very much like to know exactly how many have..? 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

1 hour ago, pongo88 said:

I haven’t renewed and none of my friends have either 

Just to clarify my position. I’m an OAP so my increase would be approx £60. I have a reasonable income so it’s not the £60 that’s the main problem. The increase is approx 18%, which is farcical. Nothing else I buy has had that sort of increase. I also object to being forced to renew in March to guarantee my seat. Finally I object to the way the club has treated other supporters in different locations and age groups. BCFC / City seem to regard regular supporters as a bunch of mugs who will pay regardless of how we are treated. Loyal supporters are not rewarded.

Perhaps they have a “when we get to the Premier League we can charge what we want so we may as well start now” perspective. If so they are deluded. Matches against teams such as Man Utd would sell out but there wouldn’t be a sell out against 50% of the other teams. We had good attendances this season against Crystal Palace and Stoke, but that was due to the novelty factor and cheap prices. Full (inflated) price against teams like Stoke in the league would not be an attractive option on a regular basis 

Too far away to buy a season ticket but highly impressed by other fans taking a stand on principle

This is a far wider problem than City.  Part of the increasing dislocation between fans and modern corporate football.  Made worse in City's case by all the pr re community club, Bristol owner etc etc.

Just the sad reality.  I really can see the bubble bursting at some point.  Hardly worth it to corporate business if they have no clients/ fans coming along to matches.

On a practical note would like to see the players dip into their bank accounts to help those who are physically disabled purchase tickets

Not yet . But change in my financial situation. I will have to use the monthly option. Also always part of my sons birthday present in April. Sort out City ffs . Use common sense and hit everyone with a increase. No problem with that. And let people sit where they want. 2 steps forward. 5 steps back 

9 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Too far away to buy a season ticket but highly impressed by other fans taking a stand on principle

This is a far wider problem than City.  Part of the increasing dislocation between fans and modern corporate football.  Made worse in City's case by all the pr re community club, Bristol owner etc etc.

Just the sad reality.  I really can see the bubble bursting at some point.  Hardly worth it to corporate business if they have no clients/ fans coming along to matches.

On a practical note would like to see the players dip into their bank accounts to help those who are physically disabled purchase tickets

Why should they?

16 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

The players do plenty for charity. The club are the ones who are ripping off the elderly and disabled. And they ain’t getting my renewal unless they change their pricing. And I’m not impacted by it. 

2 minutes ago, forbespm said:

I renewed x2 straight away.didn't realise all the controversy as my tickets stayed the same in price

You or anyone else has no reason, in that instance, to do anything other than renew forbespm. A fair few are cheesed off about treatment, prices and timings but won't think any worse of you for renewing, why should they?

I was going to renew but held off until hearing what happened at the meeting, I may not bother at all now but we'll see.

25 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think the club need to be VERY worried about this thread and realise that people are not happy and this pricing could cause a lot of damage to the substantial growth that we’ve seen over the last 2 seasons. 

There are names on here that I know live & breathe City, that have not renewed. 

I’d very much like to know exactly how many have..? 

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO

Think he must have been told to maintain radio silence. 

Bristol Sport Way

I will be renewing, but can't yet until they go on sale to members.  I am affected by the price as I'm getting my kids their first season tickets.  As much as I'd like to stand firm, I have to do it for my little boy particularly.  He's chomping at the bit an so excited because he's been told he'll be getting one so I can't disappoint him. 

I'm affected by the removal of one free kids ticket in the family stand so I have to find an extra £100 for my twins instead of £50.  

2 minutes ago, ESSEX ROBIN said:

never thought this club would treat fans how they have in there attitude

I did, its been obvious since the birth of SLs Bristol Sport that we are now customers and not fans, i don't like it and wont buy into it, its not the club i have supported for over 60 years, 2 years now without a season ticket and TBH i wont be getting another x3.

3 minutes ago, The Joker said:

I did, its been obvious since the birth of SLs Bristol Sport that we are now customers and not fans, i don't like it and wont buy into it, its not the club i have supported for over 60 years, 2 years now without a season ticket and TBH i wont be getting another x3.

Out of interest TJ, what would they have to change in the experience for us to get that back? I don't disagree at all by the way, I do agree with you but am unsure why I feel I'm being treated differently.

Archived