IGNORED

Renewed or not renewed. Please post here

Bristol Rob
Message added by Dollymarie

Hi all, 

I know there’s a thread already, but I thought I’d start one so we can gauge how many people on here have renewed so far, or haven’t renewed based on the current pricing. 

If you could also post (if you don’t mind) saying if you are or aren’t affected by the pricing announced at this stage. 

For example, I would be 

“Not renewed and not affected by pricing”

Hope that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Was going to get a season ticket but will pick and choose games next season instead.

there is a chance that if we are successful next season, and I did say chance, you would probably not be able to pick your games, that is unless you are a fan of burton albion say

3 hours ago, lager loud said:

And like any business, should expect to lose customers if they alienate them. 

I don't recall "we can bump up all the season ticket prices if we tart the place up and give you a wider range of overpriced food and drink to choose from" being mentioned as a reason for the revamp. It was all about being able to earn more from non-matchday sources - which I guess they're doing.

the south stand prices have stayed the same though haven't they. 

Just a quick question which may have nothing in it, but let’s just say someone from BS is monitoring this thread and the feeling of disgust amongst what is a very small % if the fan base. If they do react and bring prices back down will they have to provide refunds for the difference to those who have already renewed? I guess they would be under no obligation too but that would be the next big issue if they went down this route.

Not renewed (1 adult and 2 kids upper landsdown). 

Partly solidarity and partly affected. 

The press realease states "

FROM £15 PER GAME

From 2018/19 onwards, all Family Area adult prices will be reduced to £15 per game***" 

What they don't say is that they are no longer offering a free child's ticket with an adult ticket like I've have for the past few seasons. So it actually works out as a £25 increase. Not life changing, but the principle of the matter in that they are promoting it as a reduction when it's not! 

Still undecided if I will renew at all. 

38 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Just a quick question which may have nothing in it, but let’s just say someone from BS is monitoring this thread and the feeling of disgust amongst what is a very small % if the fan base. If they do react and bring prices back down will they have to provide refunds for the difference to those who have already renewed? I guess they would be under no obligation too but that would be the next big issue if they went down this route.

People aren’t just outraged about this on OTIB. It is a pretty good measure of our support’s feeling because I think there’s a wide range of ages on what is already a busy forum. 

In answer to your question - yes they’d have to settle the difference if they did make changes.

Not renewed. Affected by price.

To be clear, my eldest is now 12 and so his ticket has jumped by £50.

A rationale my wife and I used for myself and three children to buy a season ticket was that they all also received a city shirt, which was used as a present at Christmas, so it softened the the £450ish blow. 

I do not blame the club for this ( although i have always wondered why 12,13,14 etc. are not children, it should be anyone under 16 but hey ho) as I always knew the day would cone where I would be shelling out a ton if money for myself and 3 kids. 

I may look at the dd option but am currently moving house so I can' commit at this very early stage.

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Exactly this, do we really think that the club will change pricing now and refund various amounts to the ....must be thousands... that have already/are going to renew. No doubt there will be extra time/costings involved.

Even if they do change pricing, do you really think that they wont skin us you another way?

6 hours ago, lost black rat said:

after a rough count i make it over 250 not renewing  are you listening yet Bristol sport Steve/Jon

In your dreams mate if it was 2500 plus they still wouldn't be bothered.....

6 hours ago, pillred said:

the south stand prices have stayed the same though haven't they. 

I don't sit in the South Stand and don't want to, so that's not relevant to me. I didn't say the club had alienated all its customers. It clearly hasn't. That would be a stretch even for the masters of PR at Bristol Sport.

6 hours ago, pillred said:

there is a chance that if we are successful next season, and I did say chance, you would probably not be able to pick your games, that is unless you are a fan of burton albion say

Yeah, this is City we are talking about so it's a chance I am willing to take.

9 hours ago, phil_clevedon said:

Are you not able to use the 10 month payment plan? 

Advising people to get into debt isn’t the best thing to do. It’s a reason this country is in such a financial mess, everything is on the buy now pay later etc. 

People might not want £200 a month etc extra coming out of their bank accounts. 

Not renewed. 13 Tickets dolman central. Have been sat there with long time friends  3 Generations of fans from grandparents, parents to 2 four year olds. 16 years sat together so for us its a get together before, during and after the game. We have seen a big increase in price but we are more concerned and frustrated with the clubs decision to do what its done to the families/disabled in the lansdown stand. We have 13 of us going however all around us are friends we have made over that time that renew just like we do and its a massive get together each game for us and the kids. 

21 minutes ago, famouslastword said:

Not renewed. 13 Tickets dolman central. Have been sat there with long time friends  3 Generations of fans from grandparents, parents to 2 four year olds. 16 years sat together so for us its a get together before, during and after the game. We have seen a big increase in price but we are more concerned and frustrated with the clubs decision to do what its done to the families/disabled in the lansdown stand. We have 13 of us going however all around us are friends we have made over that time that renew just like we do and its a massive get together each game for us and the kids. 

This is heartbreaking. Just the kind of situation I do not like reading about. The club really must be heartless money grabbers if they allow this to happen, well not only allow it but actively creating the situation so it does. I predict the embarrassment of swathes off empty seats, and the people that matter will have a prime view from their box. #MakingBristolSad

4 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

It might be a small figure but it's a straw poll. So even with 250 people not renewed v 50 renewed, when the ratio is multiplied, it could be something like 10,200 not renewed v 1,800 renewed based on 12k STs.

85% v 15%

This is me guessing the figures though. It's a good straw poll giving the rough idea.

11 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

It might be a small figure but it's a straw poll. So even with 250 people not renewed v 50 renewed, when the ratio is multiplied, it could be something like 10,200 not renewed v 1,800 renewed based on 12k STs.

85% v 15%

This is me guessing the figures though. It's a good straw poll giving the rough idea.

Which goes to show just how inaccurate this is, to present a realistic picture of the actual fan base. 

There is no way in a million years that 85% are not going to renew!

15 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Which goes to show just how inaccurate this is, to present a realistic picture of the actual fan base. 

There is no way in a million years that 85% are not going to renew!

Of course not.

But it is reasonable to say that 85% may not have renewed YET.

I haven't renewed, but will readily admit that I will be. But if dragging it out until the last minute will lend support to the "protest" against the clubs stance, then that is what I will do.

1 minute ago, ooRya said:

Of course not.

I haven't renewed, but will readily admit that I will be. But if dragging it out until the last minute will lend support to the "protest" against the clubs stance, then that is what I will do.

That’s what I’m doing. I will renew, but I’m delaying, in support of any protest. 

3 hours ago, lager loud said:

I don't sit in the South Stand and don't want to, so that's not relevant to me. I didn't say the club had alienated all its customers. It clearly hasn't. That would be a stretch even for the masters of PR at Bristol Sport.

I have no idea why Bristol sport have decided to raise prices for the rest of the ground yet leave prices the same in the south stand the same, would love to know the reason myself, perhaps it will be our turn next season. does look at the moment that it will cost them a few renewals this season, but then again people said last season they would not renew and we have the largest attendance figures for many years. Perhaps until there is a real drop in the crowds they will think they can get away with it, we shall have to wait and see.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

I have no idea why Bristol sport have decided to raise prices for the rest of the ground yet leave prices the same in the south stand the same, would love to know the reason myself, perhaps it will be our turn next season. does look at the moment that it will cost them a few renewals this season, but then again people said last season they would not renew and we have the largest attendance figures for many years. Perhaps until there is a real drop in the crowds they will think they can get away with it, we shall have to wait and see.

One reason for not increasing the prices in the SS I imagine would be for the guys who came over from the Atyeo. They had a £50 increase last year to change stands.

22 minutes ago, ooRya said:

Of course not.

21 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That’s what I’m doing. I will renew, but I’m delaying, in support of any protest. 

13 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Will renew,but will wait,must say I expected an increase this time,and think a smaller increase across the board would of been much better received.

Would love to play cards against you guys. ;O) 

Appreciate the sentiment, but comments like this aren't exactly helpful when attempting to negotiate a better deal with BS!

21 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

You wanna give non-league football a crack. Good being able to watch proper football, no cheating (most of the time!), you can stand, no stewards staring at you and drinking in a community clubhouse.

Yes, I must admit it's crossed my mind as an option, especially as I live in the West Midlands it would make a lot more sense logistically! I do like the idea of non-league, for all the reasons you've mentioned plus the more intimate feel I imagine comes with supporting a non league side.

My home town is Stratford Upon Avon, host to the mighty Stratford Town FC. Very tempted to give it a go!  Few old school mates play for them as well. Out of interest, who do you watch?

13 minutes ago, CIDER NOT CIDRE said:

Yes, I must admit it's crossed my mind as an option, especially as I live in the West Midlands it would make a lot more sense logistically! I do like the idea of non-league, for all the reasons you've mentioned plus the more intimate feel I imagine comes with supporting a non league side.

If you get one for Rovers next season, you’ll get first dibs one one next time they drop down there. 

So three years ago I was looking forward to returning to the rebuilt Williams stand with my 65th birthday approaching and a Season Card that I thought was going to cost around £250.  Bristol City want me to pay £469 for next season.  My 15 year old grandson's seat will cost £199, better than the original £335 but nonetheless a 100% increase.  Factor in over £30 worth of fuel for each game and more for the refreshments and it all adds up. Got notice last week that my pension increase will be 3% which I know is a lot more than many workers will be getting.  And yet Bristol City think a 17% increase in my SC is reasonable?  The outcome of this reckless assessment of what supporters will pay? I'm not renewing. I'm not paying.  Solihull Moors, here I come. And I don't have to buy the £105 season ticket for the Moors till May. Win win.

2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

One reason for not increasing the prices in the SS I imagine would be for the guys who came over from the Atyeo. They had a £50 increase last year to change stands.

And to 'encourage' those affected by price increases elsewhere to migrate to the south.

Cheap Seats for Cheap People is their way of looking at it.

1 hour ago, CIDER NOT CIDRE said:

My home town is Stratford Upon Avon, host to the mighty Stratford Town FC. Very tempted to give it a go!  Few old school mates play for them as well. Out of interest, who do you watch?

I followed Weston-super-Mare for a couple of years when I got right pissed off with City and the way football was heading a few years ago. As of recently, I've been following Bristol Manor Farm a lot more.

You should definitely do it, you won't look back!

Archived