IGNORED

Renewed or not renewed. Please post here

Bristol Rob
Message added by Dollymarie

Hi all, 

I know there’s a thread already, but I thought I’d start one so we can gauge how many people on here have renewed so far, or haven’t renewed based on the current pricing. 

If you could also post (if you don’t mind) saying if you are or aren’t affected by the pricing announced at this stage. 

For example, I would be 

“Not renewed and not affected by pricing”

Hope that makes sense. 

17 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Exactly.

The sanitisation is what did it for me. Give me a grimey old terrace over plastic seats and pizza in the concourses every day of the week.

You feel genuinely valued as well, you're not just another walking wallet or another customer, you're part of the lifeblood of clubs that rely on ticket sales just to exist.

Do you ever go down Ashton Gate now?

3 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Looks like a week longer to pay and a staggered increase of the disabled season ticket prices. 

So they're going to keep ******* families and the elderly, but now they're only going to **** the disabled in stages?

1 minute ago, freezer said:

Do you ever go down Ashton Gate now?

Yes I do mate. What gave you the idea that I didn't?

If it was the pizza remark it was reference to the stuff about the Emirates, Anfield and Wembley selling pizzas in the ground. ******* pizzas!

2 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Do they even know when most people get paid? Extended until Thursday 29th.  Genius.

That was my initial thought, but it is when people (most of) will be getting paid over the Easter weekend. I’m not sure why it needs to be quite so tight to that date though. What’s wrong with a couple of days after the Easter weekend..? 

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

If it was the pizza remark it was reference to the stuff about the Emirates, Anfield and Wembley selling pizzas in the ground. ******* pizzas!

Why shouldn’t football grounds sell pizzas..?!

I’m sure they wouldn’t, if nobody bought them. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

Why shouldn’t football grounds sell pizzas..?!

I’m sure they wouldn’t, if nobody bought them. 

Wasn't honestly expecting to be taken to the OTIB supreme court for making a joke about some stadiums selling pizzas!

Points still valid in my view, the sanitisation of football stadiums and the general experience has gone past the common sense of reducing violence, it's now about squeezing as much money as possible out of customers, as is evidenced by this whole debacle.

7 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

That was my initial thought, but it is when people (most of) will be getting paid over the Easter weekend. I’m not sure why it needs to be quite so tight to that date though. What’s wrong with a couple of days after the Easter weekend..? 

Ah, I see now but you're correct why so tight?  You get paid and it lands in your account 9ish in some cases, you're at work and have until 12 to sort.  What is the issue of allowing people the bank holidays to organise at a time that suits them?  Have City got an electricity bill to pay that day or something?

What I got out of all of that was the repeated theme of “other clubs do it this way, and we still come out cheaper than them, so be thankful for that”, not good really! Was thinking about getting an ST for next season after not renewing this season...think I’ll stick to membership!

25 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Not impressed with the explanation of moving families who have said in particular areas for generations , quoting 'the old Ashton gate'.

Not impressed at all.

I wonder if the Lansdown’s and Friends would like to be split up all around the stadium instead of sitting together, for less years than some of the friendship groups the fans have made.

41 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Nothing to do with Pizzas babber.

When you said you followed W-S-M then Manor Farm just wondered if you had time to watch City as well or if one took preference over the other. That's all.

8 minutes ago, Sir Colby-Tit said:

Stretching money until payday is probably not something JL has ever had to worry about, being the son of a billionaire!

@RumRed But with Friday 30th March being a Bank Holiday Thursday 29th is the final banking day of March.  Therefore even if you are normally paid on the last day of the month your wages should hit your bank account on the 29th.

Unless I am really missing something.  It doesn't seem that crazy.

I'm massively affected by prices rises for me and children in the Dolman, I probably will renew, however, it's on the condition no more sheep pies or drinks - this will definitely affect BS takings despite the revolutionary new loyalty scheme, that seems to be offering the same discounts we already have.

If I'm not alone and many do this, no doubt next year they will raise prices again to cover the drop in food and drink revenue - then I will seriously rethink.

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

@RumRed But with Friday 30th March being a Bank Holiday Thursday 29th is the final banking day of March.  Therefore even if you are normally paid on the last day of the month your wages should hit your bank account on the 29th.

Unless I am really missing something.  It doesn't seem that crazy.

Yep i've already been stood corrected on that but i still dont see the rush, midday on payday as the deadline when people are in work?  Why not give them the long weekend to organise the purchase?

25 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

I expect it’s because it will mean payments come in before the end of this financial year and so can be accounted for as such.

Probably not too relevant - the club (like most others) run their company year to align to the season and the payments wouldn't affect the profit so wouldn't affect tax either in general

Archived