IGNORED

Tonights games

Super

2 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

15 year coma? Still wouldnt have missed all of Lansdowns 'project'

Warnock will deliver to Cardiff in 18 months what we have been huffing and puffing to achieve for 15 years.

At least we have an exciting brand and DNA ..

You're wasting your time trying to explain. If mediocrity is in the psyche, more mediocrity is what you will get in the future. 

We might sneak the playoffs and go up, but we probably won't. Too many soft underbellies.

32 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Neil Warnock is outstanding in this league. Still makes me laugh how some on here bleat on that they prefer our "brand" of football

Those that call him names are only bitter and jealous of the success he has bought teams. Success we can only dream about

Yep and it’s astonishing at the silence from the committed anti-Warnock brigade on here tonight.... @JamesBCFC is usually vocal against the ‘dinosaur’ who is currently SEVEN points clear of third place having won NINE and drawn two of the last eleven games, James (along with others) likes to say how much of a ‘long ball’ team Cardiff are compared to us, despite the fact that OPTA stats show we have played more long balls this season than Cardiff....and Warnock is on the verge of a record breaking EIGHTH promotion....but he’s rubbish ain’t he?! Unbelievable....I really do give up....

4 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Warnock is a genius at this level and is the SAF of the Championship. He plays mind games, he signs players who he trusts (and gives him 100%) and has grabbed Cardiff from bottom of the league to on the verge of promotion. You can hate his style that's fine but the man is a genius at this level and would get us up in a heartbeat in my opinion. 

And all this 'philosophy' crap we are fed means nothing as our style of football the last 3 months has been nothing short of dreadful ourselves. 

Warnock is alright, he does not hate Bristol City, it's his mind games that we constantly fall for every single time. He loves us because we are so soft as a club.

That is a top, top post.....

3 minutes ago, bris red said:

Theres no love in. People are just seeing the facts, the guy is extremely successful at this level, period.

Cool, but he's nothing to do with Bristol City so why make every thread on OTIB about him? 

Get behind your own team rather than gush over Cardiff's manager at every opportunity.

EDIT: Not directed at you specifically.

4 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

15 year coma? Still wouldnt have missed all of Lansdowns 'project'

Warnock will deliver to Cardiff in 18 months what we have been huffing and puffing to achieve for 15 years.

At least we have an exciting brand and DNA ..

You’re not wrong. That’s long enough time to grasp some fans might have valid concerns over the brand of football Warnock plays, and the bollocks he spouts about referees, opposition, the Johnson family, Bristol City’s thuggish fans, etc.?

Feel free to take over City or go and support Cardiff, because for all his faults our owner wants to do things with pride and dignity on the pitch (the less said shout off it the better) so unlucky suckers.

2 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Cool, but he's nothing to do with Bristol City so why make every thread on OTIB about him? 

Get behind your own team rather than gush over Cardiff's manager at every opportunity.

Struggling to get behind the team at the moment. We have kamikazi'd the playoffs.

1 minute ago, Robin1988 said:

You’re not wrong. That’s long enough time to grasp some fans might have valid concerns over the brand of football Warnock plays, and the bollocks he spouts about referees, opposition, the Johnson family, Bristol City’s thuggish fans, etc.?

Feel free to take over City or go and support Cardiff, because for all his faults our owner wants to do things with pride and dignity on the pitch (the less said shout off it the better) so unlucky suckers.

‘Pride and dignity’ hasn’t got Steve Lansdown very far in football though has it lets be honest. Maybe he needs a different approach as for all his millions the top flight still alludes him and yet again Cardiff our biggest rivals at this level look set to have ANOTHER pop at it.

1 minute ago, bris red said:

‘Pride and dignity’ hasn’t got Steve Lansdown very far in football though has it lets be honest. Maybe he needs a different approach as for all his millions the top flight still alludes him and yet again Cardiff our biggest rivals at this level look set to have ANOTHER pop at it.

You’re right. Second losers in the Carabao Cup (first losers were Arsenal) and “10 reasons why City bottled it” already written in a division we would have been happy to finish top half in.

Not very far from barely staying up last season at all.

11 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Struggling to get behind the team at the moment. We have kamikazi'd the playoffs.

Going by your pseudonym you were there in the dark days (could be another 15-year-old wearing a Nirvana t-shirt though) so your lack of appreciation of context is baffling.

If you were less busy tossing off Warnock it’d probably help!

You can void the game on Saturday and we'll just award you the points.    In years past would have made the journey over but not a chance in hell in making a 250 mile round trip after the latest debacle the team served up tonight.      If Bristol City want three points to aid any objectives left in your season it's an absolute guarantee you'll receive it from us for the next game.     If you have a moment take a look over at TWTD to gain a very good insight of what the supporters are having to endure.

Manchester United out of Europe presented a minor comfort, but then again an English team winning the competition would arguably have been a satisfactory ending for some.   

4 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Going by your pseudonym you were there in the dark days (could be another 15-year-old wearing a Nirvana t-shirt though) so your lack of appreciation of context is baffling.

If you were less busy tossing off Warnock it’d probably help!

As a bloke he is annoying, but you can't argue with his record. You can't argue with anyone who can almost guarantee success. So many shite manager's out there.....Southampton about to appoint one of them. 

14 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Warnock is a genius at this level and is the SAF of the Championship. He plays mind games, he signs players who he trusts (and gives him 100%) and has grabbed Cardiff from bottom of the league to on the verge of promotion. You can hate his style that's fine but the man is a genius at this level and would get us up in a heartbeat in my opinion. 

And all this 'philosophy' crap we are fed means nothing as our style of football the last 3 months has been nothing short of dreadful ourselves. 

Warnock is alright, he does not hate Bristol City, it's his mind games that we constantly fall for every single time. He loves us because we are so soft as a club.

Spot on post. If he was manager here and had us in Cardiffs position 99% of us fans would be loving it. Yes his football isn't as sexy as other teams but it's effective. Lot of people say he's a dinosaur, too old etc and like our long term plan but one season in the Premiership would set us up nicely even if we came straight back down as I'm sure Lansdown wouldn't pay massive wages like QPR have done so no worries about coming down with high earners. 

How many of you would be prepared to have 12-18 months of Warnock style football in the championship to see us play in the Premiership? 

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Spot on post. If he was manager here and had us in Cardiffs position 99% of us fans would be loving it. Yes his football isn't as sexy as other teams but it's effective. Lot of people say he's a dinosaur, too old etc and like our long term plan but one season in the Premiership would set us up nicely even if we came straight back down as I'm sure Lansdown wouldn't pay massive wages like QPR have done so no worries about coming down with high earners. 

How many of you would be prepared to have 12-18 months of Warnock style football in the championship to see us play in the Premiership? 

Personally I'm not in the camp of promotion at all costs, which is what warnock would do. 

Promotion would be great, to see the top teams in the country down here would be something that many of us have never experienced but losing 4/5-0 every week and aiming for 17th every season just wouldn't be for me, would rather be competitive in the championship than getting hammered in the premiership 

3 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

As a bloke he is annoying, but you can't argue with his record. You can't argue with anyone who can almost guarantee success. So many shite manager's out there.....Southampton about to appoint one of them. 

Fair play for actually saying that. He’s more than annoying though to many of us. You might see his play as pragmatic, I’d call it borderline cheating, and it’s certainly shameless.

Put it this way, if Cardiff got to the Carabao semis would the world have been talking about their brand of football in the same way it was about ours?

City have hit a rough patch at the same time Cardiff are doing well, and if you choose to compare them at their best and us at our worst then go for it. But there’s a reason our relegation form has only put us eighth and it’s probably worth remembering that.

5 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Is his style really that bad though? Cardiff have scored loads this season and are not dull as what many on here would allow you to believe, he simply plays us using them physical tactics as he knows we have a soft underbelly

I dont actually think our style is as good as what people make out either. 

I dont think SL likes Colin much, so wouldn't have him here.  On the other hand, Colin lives in Cornwall, so regular trips to AG would be easier for him.

Like all managers, things will eventually go sour at Cardiff and he will be sacked, but at 70, he has said that this will be his last managerial post.

Like him or loathe him, you can't really argue against his record though. His teams are always pretty tough, whereas ours.............????

4 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Personally I'm not in the camp of promotion at all costs, which is what warnock would do. 

Promotion would be great, to see the top teams in the country down here would be something that many of us have never experienced but losing 4/5-0 every week and aiming for 17th every season just wouldn't be for me, would rather be competitive in the championship than getting hammered in the premiership 

Well in the past 20 years we've only been competitive 2 seasons including this one in the championship? 

3 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Is his style really that bad though? Cardiff have scored loads this season and are not dull as what many on here would allow you to believe, he simply plays us using them physical tactics as he knows we have a soft underbelly

I dont actually think our style is as good as what people make out either. 

I've not really watched much of Cardiff but I guess it's balls in the box from the wings?  And yeah I don't think ours is as good as what people make out. When I've seen us play there's a fair amount of direct football played 

17 minutes ago, bris red said:

A bit of an over reaction there BR.

I watched the Bees v Cardiff on Sky and was impressed with both teams. However what impressed me the most was the tempo of the game.Both teams going for it, 

The high tempo led to some hoof ball at times with misplaced passes but overall it was an enjoyable game.

Cardiff have better players throughout the team and that's why they're pushing Wolves for the top spot. Brentford are pretty useful as well and I would say, based on tonight game that City are some way behind both of them. That said, next season once all the summer ins and outs are concluded I fancy City to be putting in a serious challenge.

3 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Fair play for actually saying that. He’s more than annoying though to many of us. You might see his play as pragmatic, I’d call it borderline cheating, and it’s certainly shameless.

Put it this way, if Cardiff got to the Carabao semis would the world have been talking about their brand of football in the same way it was about ours?

City have hit a rough patch at the same time Cardiff are doing well, and if you choose to compare them at their best and us at our worst then go for it. But there’s a reason our relegation form has only put us eighth and it’s probably worth remembering that.

Our brand of football has been found out and we don't have a plan B unfortunately. That, plus injuries have blighted our push. Worryingly, our rough patches go on for far too long!

No-one will remember our champagne football in years to come if we don't progress. It won't say 10th (but they played really well) in the record books.

Until we want promotion badly enough as a club we are unlikely to progress much further than where we are today. 

I was lucky enough to see top flight football at Ashton Gate and I would love to see it again. Win or lose there is nothing quite like being amongst the elite clubs in this country.

Archived