IGNORED

Tonights games

Super

1 minute ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Our brand of football has been found out and we don't have a plan B unfortunately. That, plus injuries have blighted our push. Worryingly, our rough patches go on for far too long!

No-one will remember our champagne football in years to come if we don't progress. It won't say 10th (but they played really well) in the record books.

Until we want promotion badly enough as a club we are unlikely to progress much further than where we are today. 

I was lucky enough to see top flight football at Ashton Gate and I would love to see it again. Win or lose there is nothing quite like being amongst the elite clubs in this country.

Getting promotion would at least get us on the footballing map. I've met loads of fans when abroad and lots know very little about us or even where Bristol is. 

7 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Well in the past 20 years we've only been competitive 2 seasons including this one in the championship? 

I've been a coming for 11 years and I can count 5 (including this one) seasons where we have been competitive in the championship 

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

I've been a coming for 11 years and I can count 5 (including this one) seasons where we have been competitive in the championship 

What's competitive? We had a play off season, this season looks to be a near miss where I think we've been a tad lucky . Quite a few relegation battles and a couple of relegations. 

• Admin
27 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

As a bloke he is annoying

Is it as a bloke, or as a Manager.  I heard an extended interview with him, where he talked about his family, his dogs, his love of where he lives, he came across a a really decent bloke.  Someone I know met him several times, away from football and pretty much confirmed it.

He is a pantomime villain, he is one of the old masters at deflecting attention onto himself, away from the players and their actions.  

I wouldn’t be upset if he was Manager here, we’ve had some dismal failures, a bit of hard nosed success would be nice.  That said, I am not going to lose any sleep over him not getting a job here.

2 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

What's competitive? We had a play off season, this season looks to be a near miss where I think we've been a tad lucky . Quite a few relegation battles and a couple of relegations. 

Competitive is being 15th or above in my opinion, shows we weren't walkovers and weren't getting hammered every week and we've had 5 of those seasons in our last 9 championship seasons

2 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Competitive is being 15th or above in my opinion, shows we weren't walkovers and weren't getting hammered every week and we've had 5 of those seasons in our last 9 championship seasons

Yeah 15th is really competitive for those lower-midtable standings, no one wants to finish 16th do they

• Admin
3 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Below half way, I wouldn’t call that competitive 

16 minutes ago, Cheesleysmate said:

Our brand of football has been found out and we don't have a plan B unfortunately. That, plus injuries have blighted our push. Worryingly, our rough patches go on for far too long!

No-one will remember our champagne football in years to come if we don't progress. It won't say 10th (but they played really well) in the record books.

Until we want promotion badly enough as a club we are unlikely to progress much further than where we are today. 

I was lucky enough to see top flight football at Ashton Gate and I would love to see it again. Win or lose there is nothing quite like being amongst the elite clubs in this country.

Why has our brand of football been found out? A high press is as effective as you make it. Our confidence is shattered and LJ’s biggest failing is his inability to turn around a losing streak.

And why does wanting promotion require appointing a **** of a manager? Remember Huddersfield? And where did they finish the season before they went up...

You’ve got me talking like our play-off dreams are dead, too. We’re not looking great but Jesus, I hope the players don’t throw in the towel like you.

14 minutes ago, Robin1988 said:

Why has our brand of football been found out? A high press is as effective as you make it. Our confidence is shattered and LJ’s biggest failing is his inability to turn around a losing streak.

And why does wanting promotion require appointing a **** of a manager? Remember Huddersfield? And where did they finish the season before they went up...

You’ve got me talking like our play-off dreams are dead, too. We’re not looking great but Jesus, I hope the players don’t throw in the towel like you.

Why is he a ****? It's all part of his management style. It gets the opposition wound up and we're the worst at falling for it. He has the ability to turn around losing streaks like earlier in the season when many on here thought that Cardiff would fall off after losing 3-4 games. The frustrating thing with Lee is its either really good or really bad so how many seasons do you give him to sort that out? 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yep and it’s astonishing at the silence from the committed anti-Warnock brigade on here tonight.... @JamesBCFC is usually vocal against the ‘dinosaur’ who is currently SEVEN points clear of third place having won NINE and drawn two of the last eleven games, James (along with others) likes to say how much of a ‘long ball’ team Cardiff are compared to us, despite the fact that OPTA stats show we have played more long balls this season than Cardiff....and Warnock is on the verge of a record breaking EIGHTH promotion....but he’s rubbish ain’t he?! Unbelievable....I really do give up....

Just **** off with this shit.

Seriously, why do you insist on trying to drag me into this all the time.

I have NEVER suggested Warnock is a bad manager.

The comments about long balls have been done to death as it is but you continue to bring it up.

One last time anencephaly I'll underline it just to make it absolutely clear. One quarter of the passes Cardiff make are "long ball"

In comparison less than a fifth of our are.

I'll simplify this even further just because you are being so ******* dense you are making Robbored seem positively intelligent. 

If one team makes 1000 passes in a game, and 100 are "long ball" while another makes only 10 passes in a game, but all of them are "long balls", are you honestly saying the first team is more of a "long ball" side?

I really cannot be arsed with your crap, which is a shame as once upon a time you were a decent poster, but for the last month or so you seem utter obsessed with dragging me into Warnock discussions when you have already even said to me that we will never agree, so what is the ******* point. 

Oh and if you're upset that I used a bad word or two, please report me. At least if I get a ban I don't have to deal with you acting a ****.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Just **** off with this shit.

Seriously, why do you insist on trying to drag me into this all the time.

I have NEVER suggested Warnock is a bad manager.

The comments about long balls have been done to death as it is but you continue to bring it up.

One last time anencephaly I'll underline it just to make it absolutely clear. One quarter of the passes Cardiff make are "long ball"

In comparison less than a fifth of our are.

I'll simplify this even further just because you are being so ******* dense you are making Robbored seem positively intelligent. 

If one team makes 1000 passes in a game, and 100 are "long ball" while another makes only 10 passes in a game, but all of them are "long balls", are you honestly saying the first team is more of a "long ball" side?

I really cannot be arsed with your crap, which is a shame as once upon a time you were a decent poster, but for the last month or so you seem utter obsessed with dragging me into Warnock discussions when you have already even said to me that we will never agree, so what is the ******* point. 

Oh and if you're upset that I used a bad word or two, please report me. At least if I get a ban I don't have to deal with you acting a ****.

Genuinely confused how "anencephaly" appeared here.

I had typed "explicitely" but my phone does some bizarre autocorrects.

I had spotted a few of the others and edited but only just spotted that one.

6 hours ago, paul_fox said:

Getting promotion would at least get us on the footballing map. I've met loads of fans when abroad and lots know very little about us or even where Bristol is. 

Quite frankly my dear , I don't give a damn what foreigners think about my club. 

A much more important reason for being promoted is to stop the club from going backwards. The longer we take to get to the top division the harder it will be as the gap in wealth becomes wider and wider.

This makes it harder to stay in the Championship as the clubs with parachute payments hoover up all the best players and pay the going rate in wages . 

We can keep trying to develop our own talent but two problems strike me ;

Unless we can get Category 1 status for our academy , the bigger  clubs will continue to steal our most promising youngsters.

The club won't be able to match the wages of these other clubs and will consistently lose their top players thus making it nigh on impossible to progress. 

If you don't progress in sport you regress.

All a bit bleak , I'm afraid but it is the reality.

Make the most of the Championship because unless something changes dramatically we will have to accept being the biggest club in the third or fourth division.

Why is he a ****? It's all part of his management style. It gets the opposition wound up and we're the worst at falling for it. He has the ability to turn around losing streaks like earlier in the season when many on here thought that Cardiff would fall off after losing 3-4 games. The frustrating thing with Lee is its either really good or really bad so how many seasons do you give him to sort that out? 

Sorry Paul, it’s not Warnock’s fault he acts like a ********, it’s everyone else’s fault. I’m with you now.

Yeah, Cardiff fans are  raving about their away performance at Brentford last night. City fans were raving about the chips on sale at Burton on Saturday. Sums up how our season is fizzling out!

6 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Quite frankly my dear , I don't give a damn what foreigners think about my club. 

A much more important reason for being promoted is to stop the club from going backwards. The longer we take to get to the top division the harder it will be as the gap in wealth becomes wider and wider.

This makes it harder to stay in the Championship as the clubs with parachute payments hoover up all the best players and pay the going rate in wages . 

Unless we can get Category 1 status for our academy , the bigger  clubs will continue to steal our most promising youngsters.

The club won't be able to match the wages of these other clubs and will consistently lose their top players thus making it nigh on impossible to progress. 

Make the most of the Championship because unless something changes dramatically we will have to accept being the biggest club in the third or fourth division.

You’re up early. 

8 hours ago, Robin1988 said:

I believe in that our playoff dreams are dead. Even though we are in touch with the pack our run in of games are against quite a few in form teams. 

There are quite a few 6 pointers which could increase the gap.

We'll see. I hope to be proved wrong of course.

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I meant English fans abroad. 

Yeah it would be great to develop a young team that gets promoted but I agree  it's unlikely. Sounds a great idea on paper and fans love to hear it.   Has any team done that in the championship and got promoted? 

9 hours ago, Andy082005 said:

15 year coma? Still wouldnt have missed all of Lansdowns 'project'

Warnock will deliver to Cardiff in 18 months what we have been huffing and puffing to achieve for 15 years.

At least we have an exciting brand and DNA ..

So far as I can tell in the last 15 years Cardiff have had two owners in Sam Hammam and Vincent Tan who have been ridiculed for being absolutely bonkers, yet have still managed to:

- Get promoted back to the second tier before us by 4 years (in 2003) and haven't been back down in the third tier since (unlike us);

- Win the Championship in 2013 to get promoted to the Premier League and are about to be promoted again; and

- Get to a League Cup final (2012) and an FA Cup final (2008).

Just imagine what they could have achieved with a local billionaire businessman and 'true fan' as their owner.

I don't like Warnock but his record speaks for itself. He is not stupid he knows he won't last long if they do go up but he will no doubt turn up at another championship club and do well for them.

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Super said:

I don't like Warnock but his record speaks for itself. He is not stupid he knows he won't last long if they do go up but he will no doubt turn up at another championship club and do well for them.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they go up automatically, for him to trouser the substantial bonus and retire.  He’d be finishing on a high, with a fantastic record of promotions.

3 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Major, you make some sweeping statements there.

Brighton's "reality" was, following promotion to the Championship in 2011, finishing:

10th

4th

6th

20th

3rd

2nd.

So, they started well, then went "backwards," then went forward, suffered a shattering blow in 2016 (missed out on 2nd by a couple of goals, then lost in play offs), then got it right. At the sixth attempt.

All this without parachute payments.

So I have to question the "reality" you refer to there.

West Brom, famously, went forwards and backwards for years.

Following promotion to the Championship in 2000, Burnley finished 7th, 7th, 16th, 19th, 13th, 17th, 15th, 13th, then 5th before gaining promotion. Backwards and forwards, all over the shop. Then, in the Championship again for four years from 2011, it was 8th, 13th, 11th, 2nd.

This season, despite current poor form, we will finish with more points than the last two Championship seasons and showing a fourth successive climb up the 92 pyramid.

Is your "reality" based more on what you have witnessed at AG, from 2008, for example, and perhaps 1991, based more on the contents of your fragile mind, if I may be so impertinent, rather than, er, reality (as opposed to, "reality")?

All I wish to point out is simply that we do not, and cannot, know what will happen in the future. I'm not saying we will be as good or better next season, I simply do not know. But neither do you. And I suggest the concrete "truths" about sport you perhaps use to inform your catastrophic prediction for the future are misguided, and do not stand up to scrutiny.

11 hours ago, Cheesleysmate said:

As a bloke he is annoying, but you can't argue with his record. You can't argue with anyone who can almost guarantee success. So many shite manager's out there.....Southampton about to appoint one of them. 

Nobody’s arguing with his record. Thankfully not everyone wants us to bin “our way”, just for one disastrous season in the top flight. 

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

So far as I can tell in the last 15 years Cardiff have had two owners in Sam Hammam and Vincent Tan who have been ridiculed for being absolutely bonkers, yet have still managed to:

- Get promoted back to the second tier before us by 4 years (in 2003) and haven't been back down in the third tier since (unlike us);

- Win the Championship in 2013 to get promoted to the Premier League and are about to be promoted again; and

- Get to a League Cup final (2012) and an FA Cup final (2008).

Just imagine what they could have achieved with a local billionaire businessman and 'true fan' as their owner.

Most of that is after they left Ninian Park, though. The new ground is the catalyst (as at Bolton, Wigan, Reading, Huddersfield, Swansea, Brighton, the list goes on). 

Being fair, SL must be judged from 2016, when the ground was finished and we had a 20k plus capacity with all mod cons. Before that, he had one arm tied behind his back. 

29 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Major, you make some sweeping statements there.

Brighton's "reality" was, following promotion to the Championship in 2011, finishing:

10th

4th

6th

20th

3rd

2nd.

So, they started well, then went "backwards," then went forward, suffered a shattering blow in 2016 (missed out on 2nd by a couple of goals, then lost in play offs), then got it right. At the sixth attempt.

All this without parachute payments.

So I have to question the "reality" you refer to there.

West Brom, famously, went forwards and backwards for years.

Following promotion to the Championship in 2000, Burnley finished 7th, 7th, 16th, 19th, 13th, 17th, 15th, 13th, then 5th before gaining promotion. Backwards and forwards, all over the shop. Then, in the Championship again for four years from 2011, it was 8th, 13th, 11th, 2nd.

This season, despite current poor form, we will finish with more points than the last two Championship seasons and showing a fourth successive climb up the 92 pyramid.

Is your "reality" based more on what you have witnessed at AG, from 2008, for example, and perhaps 1991, based more on the contents of your fragile mind, if I may be so impertinent, rather than, er, reality (as opposed to, "reality")?

All I wish to point out is simply that we do not, and cannot, know what will happen in the future. I'm not saying we will be as good or better next season, I simply do not know. But neither do you. And I suggest the concrete "truths" about sport you perhaps use to inform your catastrophic prediction for the future are misguided, and do not stand up to scrutiny.

well said!

4 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

It is a possibility, but not a realistic one. 

Not every parent wants their child to move to Southampton as their academy expect them to after a given timescale.

Being at your local club is an attraction. Bristol City by doing things better, being player centred / holistic, offering more 1-2-1 coaching hours City can offer more than Cat 1 academies do. Cat 1 is a framework that clubs have to adhere to, it is not all. 

19 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Most of that is after they left Ninian Park, though. The new ground is the catalyst (as at Bolton, Wigan, Reading, Huddersfield, Swansea, Brighton, the list goes on). 

Being fair, SL must be judged from 2016, when the ground was finished and we had a 20k plus capacity with all mod cons. Before that, he had one arm tied behind his back. 

The new ground thing is overstated. Look at Bournemouth and Burnley. Huddersfield’s stadium was built in 1994!

2 hours ago, paul_fox said:

I meant English fans abroad. 

Yeah it would be great to develop a young team that gets promoted but I agree  it's unlikely. Sounds a great idea on paper and fans love to hear it.   Has any team done that in the championship and got promoted? 

I , equally, don't give a damn what English fans abroad think of our club. 

I haven't a ready reply to the second part of your post .

Archived