IGNORED

City Foundation

daored

Recently been reading about the City Foundation and must admit it’s good to see the work they do in the local community.

Is anybody a member of the Foundation, and interested to hear their thoughts on the scheme and experiences of being a member?

I’m a member but might leave soon as this will help counter the S/T increase - every little helps I guess and feeling a bit negative at the moment so will give it some thought first.

Be honest though and this is a good point - I forgot I was a member until I saw this post so I have to say information flow to members of the work carried out with our contributions could be better !!

• Admin

Been a member for years, since it was The City Society, then it morphed into City 2000 and now the Foundation.  I have never been to any of the events, communication has fluctuated over the years, I think they could email the results out after every draw, anyone who doesn’t want that could always opt out.  I think I have won a tenner twice in all that time...... oh and I have a City Society tie that I’ve never worn. 

It would pay them to use email to inform members of the projects etc. they are involved in, it might garner a bit more interest, as I really have no idea what they do.

If people are looking to cut back to reclaim some of the increases in their ST price this is the sort of thing people will do. I used to be a member but had no luck at all the the draws so I cancelled.  I’ve even stopped buying the HT draw tickets as never even had more than one number right never mind four. Yes I know I’m not helping the club, but right now don’t think they are helping the fans. 

I’m sure as in any organisation there is a lot of waste which could be trimmed, saving more than my couple of quid a month contributed. 

I am a fully paid up member ( no rude remarks from you lot ! )  and have been for Nicky Hunt's years  .( Does that work ? " donkey , Nicky Hunt , perhaps not . Oh well... ) 

I don't expect to win anything as if I fell into a barrel full of tits I'd come out sucking my own thumb . 

I did once win £100 with it, which was nice , but the idea is more so to help the community than to give it up because I never win .

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

I am a fully paid up member ( no rude remarks from you lot ! )  and have been for Nicky Hunt's years  .( Does that work ? " donkey , Nicky Hunt , perhaps not . Oh well... ) 

I don't expect to win anything as if I fell into a barrel full of tits I'd come out sucking my own thumb . 

I did once win £100 with it, which was nice , but the idea is more so to help the community than to give it up because I never win .

I appreciate that. But as I said I felt disillusioned with the whole thing, not only the not winning. Maybe I’m being selfish but at the moment I’m choosing to step away and use the money elsewhere. Perhaps towards some other cause less supported and needy than a football club.

im sure they do great work though and lots of people benefit.

21 minutes ago, RedM said:

I appreciate that. But as I said I felt disillusioned with the whole thing, not only the not winning. Maybe I’m being selfish but at the moment I’m choosing to step away and use the money elsewhere. Perhaps towards some other cause less supported and needy than a football club.

im sure they do great work though and lots of people benefit.

The money is not for the club though , it is merely the vehicle for putting something back into the community.

I am not having a go at you or anyone else , you decide how you spend your own money . 

36 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The money is not for the club though , it is merely the vehicle for putting something back into the community.

I am not having a go at you or anyone else , you decide how you spend your own money . 

Shock horror, I think we’re going to agree!

The aspect of the foundation that appeals to me is the subscription gets put into the local community which as a Bristolian is pleasing to hear.

Maybe some of the comments on here could be taken forward by the club, in terms of keeping members more up to date with charities the foundation supports?

@mkelly

• Admin
1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Fully paid up member since it was the Society. I agree with the above comments regarding communication.

I only found out a few months ago that I am entitled to free club membership after I've been paying for it separately for years. 

I got mine this year, first time I’d realised it as well!!

2 hours ago, Neo said:

I’m a member but might leave soon as this will help counter the S/T increase - every little helps I guess and feeling a bit negative at the moment so will give it some thought first.

Be honest though and this is a good point - I forgot I was a member until I saw this post so I have to say information flow to members of the work carried out with our contributions could be better !!

I'm in the same boat. Will probably cancel it now and put it towards season ticket.

I was a member for years but got fed up with the same names appearing on the winners list each month, so cancelled the direct debit. A couple of weeks later I receive a call asking me why I had left, I explained the reason and was told

that if I resigned there was a very very good chance I would win a prize at the next draw!!!!! Needless to say, I didn't rejoin.:blink:

Yep another one that's been in there since the start, think I may have won a couple of tenners years ago. I do know someone who won a thousand.. But that was also a few years ago.  I won't win anything as I'm sure they don't put my number in! 

I think I might cancel and put towards the season ticket. 

Archived