IGNORED

Words of wisdom...

spudski

...this quote reminded me of this forum.

So many worried about the future, rather than enjoying the present.

Talk of never getting to the Prem and 'throwing it away' etc.

Always thinking about what's going to happen like some mystic ball.

Just enjoy the ride, the present, and the great football we've had this season...no?

What's the point of making plans and thinking all the time about the future, if you never enjoy the present. With that frame of mind you actually never enjoy anything.

So true of modern society.

dal.jpg

44 minutes ago, spudski said:

Just enjoy the ride, the present, and the great football we've had this season...no?

What's the point of making plans and thinking all the time about the future, if you never enjoy the present. With that frame of mind you actually never enjoy anything.

dal.jpg

Interesting. So what do you think the team will be on Saturday?

2 hours ago, spudski said:

dal.jpg

Was living in the present on Saturday having written off the past. Come 4:50pm I was anxious as hell about the future.

All very good Spudski but while our position at the moment is a big improvement on the last two years, and some of the football played has been a significant improvement on possibly the last ten years, we have blown up big time and it is extremely disappointing. 

And when you get to my ripe old age, you know that any delay to our entry into the top tier, which a City the size of Bristol has hardly ever graced, might mean that by the time we get there, I may have been sent to a place from which there isn't any return. 

And that's why I'm so miffed about the present! 

7 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

All very good Spudski but while our position at the moment is a big improvement on the last two years, and some of the football played has been a significant improvement on possibly the last ten years, we have blown up big time and it is extremely disappointing. 

And when you get to my ripe old age, you know that any delay to our entry into the top tier, which a City the size of Bristol has hardly ever graced, might mean that by the time we get there, I may have been sent to a place from which there isn't any return. 

You mean, gulp , the Mem ? 

47 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

So its all about you then...

Archived