IGNORED

If we don't beat Ipswich.......

Top Robin

3 minutes ago, swanker said:

My point is they will both finish above us after just coming up. Impressive when you think of the money a team like Millwall haven’t spent. We’re on a bit of a nosedive and I’m not looking forward to the result when we play Millwall. I can honestly see us getting turned right over up there. 

If we miss out on the pray offs then so what?   :dunno: 

Very few of us were expecting to have such a good season - despite all the long term injuries and yet some still feel the To whinge and complain...........:facepalm:

26 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

It appears to be the norm before any game now to have a negative spin on the forthcoming game. We should be talking up the club and the players rather than having 22 (and counting) responses to topics such as this. 

We talked our chances up ahead of Sunderland at home the other week, as I recall. Which might go some way to explaining your first sentence there

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Everyone makes mistakes in the market. I think ours is magnified because we had such a small squad when LJ first took over. I know some use this as a stick to beat LJ with(he has had money) but I think it was mostly neccesity. 

That’s actually a very good point, and needs to be factored in.  I’d forgotten that when I said something along the lines of "it feels a bit like a numbers games".

28 minutes ago, swanker said:

My point is they will both finish above us after just coming up. Impressive when you think of the money a team like Millwall haven’t spent. We’re on a bit of a nosedive and I’m not looking forward to the result when we play Millwall. I can honestly see us getting turned right over up there. 

Seeing as you already know this as an absolute certainty, what were the results of our games (and theirs) for the rest of the season)

Might as well make some money off of that knowledge.

Or, have you asserted your pessimistic view as a fact?

4 hours ago, Top Robin said:

.....I fear that is our playoff hopes gone.

Firstly, with only a handful of games to go it keeps us well adrift of the play offs with certain teams above us and just below us really hitting form whilst we are playing poorly.

Secondly,  we will not go up, and don't deserve to go up, not being unable to beat the poorer or average teams in the Championship such as Ipswich and before dreadful results v Burton, Bolton and Sunderland.

Some folks will be pleased we are just 'safe' and it would all be 'too soon' but personally I am really ragged off that we were so close and playing so well and for a number of reasons we have cocked up.

Manager inexperience is a major factor in my opinion. 

Think you are right mate Saturday while not must win does feel as though it is.

yep I also agree with manager inexperience but pleased with progress this year..we will finish 8th or 9th imo and I would have taken that all day long I’m august with an amazing cup run and beating 4 prem teams along the way.

for me it has also been my most enjoyable season watching city bar 89-90 in my time following since 85.

i worry about hanging on to our best players and think if we don’t go up flint and Bryan will go in the summer big losses but 15m will be a tidy amount to reinvest.

i believe in the plan long term so enjoying the ride.

31 minutes ago, swanker said:

not sure how you can say they WILL both finish above us, are you the next Dr who.

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If we miss out on the pray offs then so what?   :dunno: 

Very few of us were expecting to have such a good season - despite all the long term injuries and yet some still feel the To whinge and complain...........:facepalm:

If we miss out on the playoffs? If we make the playoffs I’ll eat my hat. I admit we’ve had a run of hard game and injuries, but we’re okay now. I’m not whinging I’m disappointed with some of our performance. For example that bloke who scored a wonder goal against us for Bolton hasn’t scored since. Now there’s a shocker. 

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

Another who simply doesn't get it..............:facepalm:

It's a ""work in progress"

Regardless of where City finish this season it will still have been a very impressive and successful one.

Semi - final of the EFL cup, beating PL clubs long the way and losing twice to injury time winners against a team who won it and are pissing the Premier League by a distance.

A far better league position playing some great stuff and who are a joy to watch. LJ is developing our own identify but like a good things it doesn't happen overnight.

Stop whinging and complaining about what has been our best season for ages.

Robbo you polarise opinions but this is spot on...I am enjoying steady progress 

5 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Firstly, with only a handful of games to go it keeps us well adrift of the play offs with certain teams above us and just below us really hitting form whilst we are playing poorly.

Secondly,  we will not go up, and don't deserve to go up, not being unable to beat the poorer or average teams in the Championship such as Ipswich and before dreadful results v Burton, Bolton and Sunderland.

Some folks will be pleased we are just 'safe' and it would all be 'too soon' but personally I am really ragged off that we were so close and playing so well and for a number of reasons we have cocked up.

I won't be making the trip on Sat. After watching that excuse of a performance at Burton we have no hope. Funny how everyone else beats crappy Burton and we come close to losing to them. So poor. 

8 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Seeing as you already know this as an absolute certainty, what where the results of our games (and theirs) for the rest of the season)

Might as well make some money off of that knowledge.

Or, have you asserted your pessimistic view as a fact?

It’s not a fact just a probability mate. I’ll be there Saturday, but all my opptamism has gone. We’ve become limp!

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I won't be making the trip on Sat. After watching that excuse of a performance at Burton we have no hope. Funny how everyone else beats crappy Burton and we come close to losing to them. So poor. 

4 minutes ago, swanker said:

It’s not a fact just a probability mate. I’ll be there Saturday, but all my opptamism has gone. We’ve become limp!

You two are the ficklest of the fickle.

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Everyone except Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Norwich, Ipswich, Forest, Reading, Bolton, Brentford for starters.

So thats 1/3 of the division minimum.

7 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Everyone except Sheffield Wednesday, Barnsley, Norwich, Ipswich, Forest, Reading, Bolton, Brentford for starters.

So thats 1/3 of the division minimum.

They beat Cardiff (away), Millwall & Fulham too off the top of my head.

3 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Absolutely everything is LJs fault. From Wenger becoming less successful at Arsenal, to the assasination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand and the resulting World War.

Surely he's to blame for more than that?! :whistle:

13 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Surely he's to blame for more than that?! :whistle:

Much more, those are just two examples from the top of a list that goes from "Aardman Animations warehouse burning down" to "Zebra hunting"

Other notable entries are 9/11, the extinction of Dinosaurs, global warming and Malaria.

Some say that the original versions of The Bible actually said "Lee Johnson" instead of "The Devil".

I agree that failure to win will make a massive dent in our chances of making the playoffs. 

I'm pretty certain, however, that the season will be remembered for some excellent performances, beating Man Utd and decent final league position.

6 hours ago, Top Robin said:

It ain’t over until it’s mathematically impossible for us to make the play offs....but yep, it’s been very disappointing to see the post Xmas slump, especially as the eyes of the football world were on us due to the cup run...LJ was being cited as a ‘forward thinking young coach’ and our style of play was being lauded far and wide with many observers saying we gave Man City their hardest game of the season...but then it all seems to have imploded somewhat and we’ve been generally woeful in 2018....big shame...

21 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Much more, those are just two examples from the top of a list that goes from "Aardman Animations warehouse burning down" to "Zebra hunting"

Other notable entries are 9/11, the extinction of Dinosaurs, global warming and Malaria.

Some say that the original versions of The Bible actually said "Lee Johnson" instead of "The Devil".

I hear he's in the frame for the Salisbury nerve agent attack....

8 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Haven't they gone already. Other teams are grinding out results when they count. But we cannot seem to deliver when the pressure is on.. As worrying is the current run of form or lack of it that LJ seems unable to turn around.

11 hours ago, Top Robin said:

Message to the OP..... "There is a difference between you and me. We both looked into the abyss, but when it looked back at us… you blinked." - BATMAN

I'm going for us to beat Ipswich and finish in 6th spot with 75pts.... Looking at Derby's run in, I reckon that they'll be the ones from the current top 6 to miss out...

COYR's!!

Archived