IGNORED

If we don't beat Ipswich.......

Top Robin

9 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Much more, those are just two examples from the top of a list that goes from "Aardman Animations warehouse burning down" to "Zebra hunting"

Other notable entries are 9/11, the extinction of Dinosaurs, global warming and Malaria.

Some say that the original versions of The Bible actually said "Lee Johnson" instead of "The Devil".

You’re becoming evangelical on here mate, over zealous.  You remind me of a quote by Yosser Hughes. “ Some people talk to themselves and others talk out their arse” you’re boring so bore off. 

13 hours ago, Loco Rojo said:

A lot of comments placing blame on LJ, but shouldn't the players shoulder some of the responsibility for some of the questionable team and inividual performances on the pitch during the 90 minutes? 

Promotion/strong teams are based on everyone pulling in the same direction and giving 100% so surely blame or reasons for this current form sits with all.

What frustrates me even more is that Cardiff lost 4 in a row at the end of December and because Warnock is a wily and experienced manager they turned that slump around..........something we are struggling to do.

Many may dislike him but you can't argue with his managerial skills.

16 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

"don't deserve to go up"

If we get in the play offs and go up then yes, we will deserve to go up.

I think there is a 25% chance of us reaching the play offs this season, and it is doable but must beat the tractor boys Saturday but after that awful performance last night I think it could well be a draw.

Agree , the argument about do we deserve to go up is interesting. Our form has certainly dropped off but by the same token , with the possible exception of Wolves not one team has been consistent all season. 

Fulham’s form to an extent has been the opposite of ours , awful at the start but strong now. Do they not deserve promotion?

Who goes up / down is judged over the season , all teams will have good / bad runs it’s the team that’s most consistent over the whole season that deserve to go or down 

I don't think we need solely to beat Ipswich, I feel that we have to get 6 points from the next 2 games.  This is also to restore players' confidence and belief.

I'd be very happy with a win and a draw, but 2 wins would put us back on track for securing the top 6 place we desire.

4 hours ago, swanker said:

You’re becoming evangelical on here mate, over zealous.  You remind me of a quote by Yosser Hughes. “ Some people talk to themselves and others talk out their arse” you’re boring so bore off. 

Just wondering which of those in the quote applies to you?

At the moment it seems like both.

16 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Everyone makes mistakes in the market. I think ours is magnified because we had such a small squad when LJ first took over. I know some use this as a stick to beat LJ with(he has had money) but I think it was mostly neccesity. 

Think depth wise we were still pretty ok but LJ’s lack of faith in some players was our downfall. He should have been making a few changes to that core XI that gave us the cup run. From October to January a very steady team and I am sure that was why we succeeded but it wore players down and we still had a few around to help. Vyner and Kelly could have played against lower teams spelling Bryan, Baker and Wright. Eliasson and Woodrow(yes Woodrow, could do a job if played in the right position) could have spelled Reid, Paterson and Brownhill. I’d argue with a few more minutes we may have seen different sides to them and they could have added to the squad. As it is, we don’t really know if they could help us.

So yea I don’t think he has utilised the tools he has at his disposal. Also talked about this with how he sets up tactically against the teams that sit behind the ball. We have different options that he has refused to use. Example Eliasson stays wide and has a lovely whipped cross on him who I think could create a chance or two against a team like Burton. Instead LJ keeps the same team who have won their plaudets playing the ball on the floor through the middle and pressing. 

Agreed in general- Walsh, Kent are 2 more examples, and of course Vyner and Kelly 2 more who could have been used more and used better IMO.

Eliason another too, like you say whipped crosses- still losing quite a few key and squad players as we had, really didn't help.

4 hours ago, reddogkev said:

I don't think we need solely to beat Ipswich, I feel that we have to get 6 points from the next 2 games.  This is also to restore players' confidence and belief.

I'd be very happy with a win and a draw, but 2 wins would put us back on track for securing the top 6 place we desire.

To get 6th IMO need 76 points so 5 wins and a draw from remaining games and one loss . However this division is so unpredictable . I reckon it will go to last game . We still have a chance of 6th , win all remaining home games and one away draw should do it .  

Can do this 

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Why? I can understand the players and management feeling pressure but why would the supporters?

Is it wrong to just enjoy football?

Stupid question. 

Joking aside, I rarely enjoy football when watching City , the tension is often too much .

I can enjoy the match afterwards, the skills on show and sometimes the result. 

I can watch games where City aren't implicated but the lack of emotional connection makes the experience a bit tepid .

In fact I now realise that I don't like football.

:blink:

Archived