IGNORED

Engvall

PFree

I have to admit to feeling sorry for him, absolutely fits the profile of player we want, young, energetic, U21 International, very much up and coming etc, etc, and he's done really well out of on loan but why of why does he never get a chance here..?

When you look at the players here and fact that Matty Taylor and Dionkey are played ahead of him, neither have done anything at City other than play with a degree of bluster, so why not give him a go..?

Might he have said something to Little Lee  or turned up two minutes late for training or something, I guess we'll never know, I just find the whole thing quite puzzling..!

6 minutes ago, PFree said:

I have to admit to feeling sorry for him, absolutely fits the profile of player we want, young, energetic, U21 International, very much up and coming etc, etc, and he's done really well out of on loan but why of why does he never get a chance here..?

When you look at the players here and fact that Matty Taylor and Dionkey are played ahead of him, neither have done anything at City other than play with a degree of bluster, so why not give him a go..?

Might he have said something to Little Lee  or turned up two minutes late for training or something, I guess we'll never know, I just find the whole thing quite puzzling..!

Is he energetic?

Is he up and coming?

Has he actually done very well on loan?

For the record I'd like to see him given more of a chance but I'm not sure it's being framed in the right way. He had a horrible season AFAIK back in Sweden, one of our contingent over there will correct me if I'm wrong. He must just not show he can cut it in training.

31 minutes ago, PFree said:

Matty Taylor was the driving force behind the cup run 

To me Engvall doesn't want to be here. 

When he has had his chances in games, he hasn't taken it, to be selected next game. 

Lloyd Kelly wants it and that's why he will get his chances in games. 

Engvall needs to look at himself and ask himself does he want to be here. He needs to fight for his place in the team .

1 hour ago, PFree said:

probably as you said backchatted him

15 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

When he has had his chances in games, he hasn't taken it, to be selected next game. 

Engvall needs to look at himself and ask himself does he want to be here. He needs to fight for his place in the team .

He has had 40 minutes - 27 in a cup game, and the other 13 minutes pretty much coming on at 90 minutes and winding down the injury time clock. So how is he supposed to take his chance ?

1 hour ago, kiwicolin said:

52 minutes ago, Fiale said:

He has had 40 minutes - 27 in a cup game, and the other 13 minutes pretty much coming on at 90 minutes and winding down the injury time clock. So how is he supposed to take his chance ?

9 mins v Barnsley - a game we were running down the clock

27 mins v Watford - where most observers said he did more in that time than the starters (Taylor / Woodrow) did in their 63, 77mins respectively.

4 mins v Bolton - where most people thought he put himself about.

I’d say he hasn’t been given a fair chance....why not.....no idea.

I liked what I saw in the Cup v Hull last season.  He isn’t a "competition winner"....that is a derogatory comment, and very unfair.

2 hours ago, PFree said:

Has he excelled at under 23 level?

if not, then he’s not good enough to be give a chance. If your good enough then you play every week.

To be honest we don’t know what goes on behind close doors or on the training ground. Maybe Gustav is absolute garbage on the training pitch and LJ doesn’t want to play him because he’s not showing enough to warrant a starting place? 

It's frustrating for me. As much as I'd love to see Gustav given a chance (mainly because I want to be able to see for myself what he has to offer) - I'm well aware that several trained coaches/managers/other professionals who work with the lad on a daily basis will have more of an insight to his ability, attitude and adaptability & are in a much better position to make that call. I also trust them to do therefore have no complaints.

7 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

It's not complicated, he's not better than Bobby Reid and he's not tall enough to be a target man he's just 6ft which is shit luck I suppose.  He's competing with Bobby not Famara or Djuric and his injuries have been badly timed too, when both Djuric and Famara were injured so was he.

I mean, it's really not complicated and yet I didn't even consider this. :facepalm:

I read that Djurdarden want him on loan again. That is a total NO for me. If he's to be loaned again, it HAS to be here. If not that, play him or sell him. Under no circumstances should he be loaned to Sweden again, sold maybe but certainly not a loan, he's been there and done that and there is absolutely no benefit to BCFC if it happens again. £800K and sell him! 

Matty Taylor played a massive part in our championship survival last season. Been very unlucky this season with injuries. To say he’s done nothing at city is absolute rubbish. Let’s not forget his assist for the winner against United!! An unbelievable pass.

3 hours ago, PFree said:

Dionkey? Well done great work.

3 hours ago, Fiale said:

In Sweden he has played brilliantly. 

Why not here ? 

He needs to push  himself to play in the English league. 

You have seen many players , come over and cannot play here. 

Why ? 

He appears to be homesick to me and doesn't want to be here. Absolutely shit due dilligence on our part. We have him until the end of next season so  this "one for the future" bollocks needs to kick in sharpish because if he is brilliant all of a sudden he will just walk at the end of his contract.

9 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

In Sweden he has played brilliantly. 

Why not here ? 

He needs to push  himself to play in the English league. 

You have seen many players , come over and cannot play here. 

Why ? 

He didn’t play brilliantly the second loan spell in Sweden.

10 hours ago, Packman said:

Matty Taylor played a massive part in our championship survival last season. Been very unlucky this season with injuries. To say he’s done nothing at city is absolute rubbish. Let’s not forget his assist for the winner against United!! An unbelievable pass.

The goals & assists against Stoke & Palace as well before the United game.

Taylor downed 3 prem teams as a player not getting a look in.

1 hour ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Not getting a look in because he hasn't been available. And when he was available he was described as not training and just putting in a 15/20 minute shift on match day.

2 hours ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

He's recovering from a hernia operation isn't he and 'not on the grass yet' according to Jamie Mac?

That's a good reason for not getting a game to be fair.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

He's recovering from a hernia operation isn't he and 'not on the grass yet' according to Jamie Mac?

That's a good reason for not getting a game to be fair.

Yeah I was replying to some one who said that Taylor has achieved nothing here not saying that he been dropped 

try reading the posts

Archived