IGNORED

Statement from Jon Lansdown + SC&T reply

RedM

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I think the fact that JL wasn't at last week's meeting, the fact MA was quick to say none of it was down to JL, and the fact that despite not being at the meeting it is JL who has responded today confirms exactly what I've thought all along: JL is entirely responsible for this mess.

He has a Midas touch for sure, for turning anything he puts his hands on to shit. The trail of mistakes, blunders and failures behind him at Bristol City is really quite staggering. 

13 minutes ago, 29AR said:

He has a Midas touch for sure, for turning anything he puts his hands on to shit. The trail of mistakes, blunders and failures behind him at Bristol City is really quite staggering. 

Little known fact is that on a matchday Jon Lansdown is Scrumpy the Robin!!!!! It’s the only thing he can be trusted to do without ******* it up. 

10 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Let’s have it right, the Dolman is shit. You’d never choose to sit there if you were new to the club. Small seats, minimal legroom, takes ages to get out of etc etc. You put up with it because your mates and family are around you. 

Bristol City have shown that they couldn’t give a tinkers cuss about loyal fans. 

'Tis true. Other than the extra toilets, the Dolman Stand of today, is little different to that of pre development. Except the Red and White bar / Harrys Bar has been replaced by a cold and draughty concourse.... :colder:

11 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Little known fact is that on a matchday Jon Lansdown is Scrumpy the Robin!!!!! It’s the only thing he can be trusted to do without ******* it up. 

Handy at dabbing and high-fiving the hooting prepubescents is our Jon.

I fear for when Steve's gone.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Handy at dabbing and high-fiving the hooting prepubescents is our Jon.

I fear for when Steve's gone.

Very sadly I get the impression that Steve has gone and the toy has been handed to the Jon, and he's adding more examples as to why he is unskilled and unqualified for it.

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

Very sadly I get the impression that Steve has gone and the toy has been handed to the Jon, and he's adding more examples as to why he is unskilled and unqualified for it.

This is meant in the best possible sense, and I have nothing actually against JL, but what has he actually done from a business perspective? Is he part of the Hargreaves-Lansdown hierarchy?

5 minutes ago, glynriley said:

'Tis true. Other than the extra toilets, the Dolman Stand of today, is little different to that of pre development. Except the Red and White bar / Harrys Bar has been replaced by a cold and draughty concourse.... :colder:

We used to have a nice little bar, tables, seats, the odd Wurzels gig. It used to be decent. Now it takes all of Half time to queue for a piss and there’s nowhere to sit if you’re actually going to have a pint. 

5 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Let’s have it right, the Dolman is shit. You’d never choose to sit there if you were new to the club. Small seats, minimal legroom, takes ages to get out of etc etc. You put up with it because your mates and family are around you. 

Bristol City have shown that they couldn’t give a tinkers cuss about loyal fans. 

You’re right. It’s more tradition than anything. And yes for the reasons I could see a mile off ,like others, when the pricing was announced. Yes I sit there to be near friends and family, people I’ve known for years of all ages. I stood on the Eastend (old), moved to the Atyeo when it was built, took time off from being a ST holder when I had my children, rejoined again when my chikdren were young. We have always sat in the Dolman, I never wanted my children to be in a family area and I expect many feel the same. My children are now young adults so can pay their own way, but out of principal I don’t like the cleansing into Family areas. 

And yes except for the Dolman, other fans are more comfortable now. But the benefit is all the clubs, it was done for them, not the fans.

1 minute ago, ZiderEyed said:

This is meant in the best possible sense, and I have nothing actually against JL, but what has he actually done from a business perspective? Is he part of the Hargreaves-Lansdown hierarchy?

Nothing, and no.

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

You’re right. It’s more tradition than anything. And yes for the reasons I could see a mile off ,like others, when the pricing was announced. Yes I sit there to be near friends and family, people I’ve known for years of all ages. I stood on the Eastend (old), moved to the Atyeo when it was built, took time off from being a ST holder when I had my children, rejoined again when my chikdren were young. We have always sat in the Dolman, I never wanted my children to be in a family area and I expect many feel the same. My children are now young adults so can pay their own way, but out of principal I don’t like the cleansing into Family areas. 

And yes except for the Dolman, other fans are more comfortable now. But the benefit is all the clubs, it was done for them, not the fans.

My point being in a way is that EVERY PART OF THE GROUND is a family stand. 

18 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Disagree about the Dolman, one of the best views at the ground. Seats maybe smaller, but have you seen the size of some of our fans? Spilling over 3 seats some of em. I'd never want a season ticket in the higher section of the Lansdown, unless you like watching a game that looks like a Subbuteo match from that height.

A question..

Since Mark Ashton was present did he not mention that he had tried to persuade the board to provide a one off rebate in light of his statement saying the club were not planning on going for promotion this year? Did I hear that right a couple months back?

Merely asking.

51 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Couldn’t be trusted there either. Was a laughing stock.

Hello all

TIME IS SHORT!

FOLLOWING THE CLUB STATEMENT, CAN WE HAVE YOUR COMMENTS ON WHAT TO DO, IF ANYTHING, NOW PLEASE?

'The Club' has addressed some issues - the ones they say they went away from the meeting with - IS IT ENOUGH?

The only things we can do immediately are (a) issue a further STATEMENT and (b) consider some form of PROTEST.

I am deliberately not making any comment - we want to hear from YOU.

If you support either or both the above - please let us know EXACTLY what you support.

THANKS!

I find this club staggering at times. Time and time again they get the most simplest of things wrong. 

I said it the other day, they are playing a dangerous game with the fans here. Next season we will need to be top 6 from the go, and competing up there all season...to even come close to the attendances we have been used to this season. 

How can they get something so wrong? Its proves their utter contempt towards fans...one half decent season and they shaft everyone

Roll on next season, where our attendances will drop faster then our league position this season

Im sure the owners or their people will read this forum....so read this

"25 years a season ticket...you wont see me renewing for a 26th"

Unclear.. So are they saying no discount in the club shop but some sort of loyalty scheme? that won’t be announced till the summer ... ? What’s the bets it’s you get a coffee style stamp card and every transaction get a stamp, fill the card and get a free scarf ... 

8 minutes ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Hello all

TIME IS SHORT!

FOLLOWING THE CLUB STATEMENT, CAN WE HAVE YOUR COMMENTS ON WHAT TO DO, IF ANYTHING, NOW PLEASE?

'The Club' has addressed some issues - the ones they say they went away from the meeting with - IS IT ENOUGH?

The only things we can do immediately are (a) issue a further STATEMENT and (b) consider some form of PROTEST.

If you support either or both the above - please let us know EXACTLY what you support.

THANKS!

Well it would appear the club was trying to delay the announcement until Friday so there would not be time to mobilise a protest. If that's what they don't want, that's what they should get. What form it should take, you won't get agreement from all. 

The most important thing I think is to sing about it for 90 minutes though. Keep singing about the subject even if we score a goal.  

3 minutes ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Hello all

TIME IS SHORT!

THANKS!

May I suggest that all in the SC&T board and FAN resign en masse or at least suspend your involvement. Not that I don't appreciate the efforts that you make, I do and I'm sure most do, but the club clearly isn't listening and your efforts have come to naught. As for protest, it is becoming fairly obvious that the club think that most of their 'customers' will renew anyway once things have cooled down. The only thing that will make them change their habits is if enough change theirs and don't renew or buy again - I'm afraid the rest of it will be received as just noise. 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Full of waffle unfortunately. Good that they’ve taken some points on board, but it doesn’t go far enough in my opinion.

Cynically I wonder whether they prioritised the disabled ticket issue above the others because they knew it would be particularly bad PR if it spread.

Also strange how he says ‘We also appreciate that many of you sat in specific locations with family or friends in the old Ashton Gate and this has very much been part of the matchday enjoyment’ then barely touches on it at all in the subsequent section. Sounds like the upper Lansdown is intended to become a bit of a crèche. The matchday experience for children shouldn’t be limited to being around other children. It’s a bad idea.

I’ve got no idea why the statement is so long either. Just address the issues.

It's called "corporate waffle".

17 minutes ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Hello all

TIME IS SHORT!

THANKS!

Both.

Let the club know the rises are unfair and too much, at best they needed to be phased in gradually (which is what they now have done for the fans with disabilities I believe).

I still am speechless that the club didn’t involve either of the fan groups, that needs addressing, ie no decision like this can be made wi though at least consulting our representatives.

The shifting around of people in the stadium year after year does the atmosphere no good and takes away any feeling of belonging or community the club are keen to be strong in promoting.

The club should be aware that fans cannot come up with huge sums of money at short notice. Preston for example (a similar club to ours in size and league position, but very lacking in corporate facilities)  have given their fans until July 1st to claim their seats, their tickets aren’t even on sale until around the end of May, why are we being rushed. 

The club should also be aware that many, many long time ST holders are saying they will not renew due to the lack of empathy from the club towards its fans on many issues. The club will be looking at swathes or empty seats in prime positions, that really is not good publicity on any level.

im sure there is loads more points,and from people who write better than I. But I wanted to give something to the SC&T and thank you for your help in all that you all do for the rest of us.

Edit; regarding the protest it has been obvious in recent weeks that it does generate publicity. I’m not suggesting corner flagging the center circle but it has to be something (legal) with effect.

19 minutes ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Hello all

TIME IS SHORT!

THANKS!

The club's response is more of a mealy- mouthed, intelligence insulting, tortuously written 'tough shit' than an attempt to engage with the fans' concerns beyond the tiny concession to disabled supporters.

The only avenue left open to us is to protest surely, or as far as the club is concerned the matter is closed.

22 minutes ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Hello all

TIME IS SHORT!

THANKS!

The breaking up of families who have traditionally sat in areas but now face a massive increase so then forced to move to the upper dolman. 

The club acknowledge it but then moved onto a different subject!! shame on you Jon lansdown.

What about something like handing Children outside the family area a small placard saying 'I'm not welcome here next year'. They'll need no encouragement to hold it aloft, and the image could be quite strong. 

Archived