IGNORED

Statement from Jon Lansdown + SC&T reply

RedM

9 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

Protests in the ground will prove worthless i'm afraid. The only way to make that**** Jon Lansdown and his BS cronies pay attention is by hitting the club in the pocket, hopefully short term. Therefore if you are potd don't go. if you are SC then you can afford to miss one match, and the empty seats will get media attention if enough stay away. If you have bought a ticket or dont want to miss a game do NOT buy anything from BS whilst in the ground.

I will try to spend £30 on natch in Bemmy instead. Wish me luck....

Good luck!

A simple idea for an effective  protest at the game on  Saturday that every ST holder will be able to join in.

As the 29th minute shows on the screens  (last day for  renewal of your seat for next season) All season ticket holders stand up and wave their season ticket in the air for 60 seconds  and Boo.

Demonstrates we are not happy with the pricing strategy , linked to the fact that we will not be renewing our ST's until the last minute (if at all) . 

After that , cheer on the Team for the rest of the match for a much needed 3 points.

We upgraded the stadium so shut up and pay, move or leave. What it feels like. 

Again nothing about the drastic increases in parts of the ground. Ok 15% this season. How much next? Why not increase gradually? Or will prices be frozen the next couple seasons? All relevant questions unanswered. I will probably renew but I will not give another penny to that place. Not a shirt, sausage roll, pint or anything and I urge everyone else to do the same. Don’t miss out on your enjoyment because of them just. Just give the bare minimum

9 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

youd find something to moan about if we done the quadruple in one season ...........

If you wish to remain blind that ‘s entirely up to you, old boy

But please keep your personal attacks off Otib They do nothing for your opinion which doesn’t happen to be mine

I understand your view but disagree 

I've read the statement but not the whole thread and what a load of old horsecrap that is!

No explanation as to why some have a 50% rise, some (OAP's) have a 30% rise while some have virtually no rise at all.

Like others, we can afford the rise but it's grossly unfair on certain groups. My old man (OAP) has a 30% rise while I have around 5% yet we sit next to each other. How's that consistent?

Really poor Bristol bloody sport IMO. 

1 hour ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

Enough people go sit on the pitch they can’t ban everyone 

True but the club looks like its supported by a bunch of tossers like Wham. Whatever you say this is a ridiculous thing to post.

If the club had consulted as it should have done the outcome may not have been much different to what we have now without the understandable anger.

They have listened and made some changes which I never thought they would after the meeting on Wednesday. 

This is a compromise and its up to all of you to decide as individuals what you do now.

I make a plea though, please do NOT make the club look like Wham or anything like it. 

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

True but the club looks like its supported by a bunch of tossers like Wham. Whatever you say this is a ridiculous thing to post.

If the club had consulted as it should have done the outcome may not have been much different to what we have now without the understandable anger.

They have listened and made some changes which I never thought they would after the meeting on Wednesday. 

This is a compromise and its up to all of you to decide as individuals what you do now.

I make a plea though, please do NOT make the club look like Wham or anything like it. 

Not even Duran Duran?

I’m slightly confused, are people actually talking about protesting because the price has gone up? The price of tickets hasn’t risen in most parts of the ground for years!  We now have a stadium to be proud of, a team fighting the right end of the championship, money being heavily invested in new players, training ground etc etc. I really don’t see a issue with the rise in price? Lansdown has always said he wants the club to be self sufficient not just him pumping money all time.

2 hours ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Hello all  

TIME IS SHORT!

FOLLOWING THE CLUB STATEMENT, CAN WE HAVE YOUR COMMENTS ON WHAT TO DO, IF ANYTHING, NOW PLEASE?  

'The Club' has addressed some issues - the ones they say they went away from the meeting with - IS IT ENOUGH?  

The only things we can do immediately are (a) issue a further STATEMENT and (b) consider some form of PROTEST.  

I am deliberately not making any comment - we want to hear from YOU. 

If you support either or both the above - please let us know EXACTLY what you support.  

THANKS!

It's Thursday everyone. Time's short. Let's hear if you'll protest inside or protest outside; or if you'll not go. Let's not turn this thread into a series of off-topic comments. Be decisive.

I'm for something visual - I like the idea of the Upper Lansdown kids holding up cards/signs...and why not in S82 as well. Lots of photos of this and get it going round as many sites/places online as poss. 

Yes, the Lansdowns could be hit by us not buying season tickets but, in all honesty, isn't Lansdown Snr losing money as it is anyway (so Ashton keeps bleating on about)? He can afford a couple of years of slightly less season ticket holders. 

Negative publicity across the internet is more damaging, I would think. Up till now he's banking on this being an Evening Post story at most, and then it blowing over. Look how on here we take notice of and link to stories of fan unrest etc from the BBC site for example. Creating bad publicity (not pitch invasions) is the best option for me. Whatever we do, it should be sustained, not just one game...

1 minute ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

I’m slightly confused, are people actually talking about protesting because the price has gone up? The price of tickets hasn’t risen in most parts of the ground for years!  We now have a stadium to be proud of, a team fighting the right end of the championship, money being heavily invested in new players, training ground etc etc. I really don’t see a issue with the rise in price? Lansdown has always said he wants the club to be self sufficient not just him pumping money all time.

Read the threads mate, it's social engineering, and is targeting the elderly, young and disabled. The price rises in some areas are absolutely astronomical for certain groups.

This statement and the clubs attitude during the FAN meeting reeks of total contempt for us as a fanbase. They've shown how out of touch they are with football fans, we're just customers to them.

3 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

Using your analogy, if British Gas put up my current tariff, I would chose a cheaper one from them if available. 

Of course I could chose to move to SSE and watch Bristol Rovers instead  but that would be personal choice (obviously I would have to insane).

Or you could, if price were the issue, change to a different tariff (stand) when you got basically the same, for less. 

There are options. 

42 minutes ago, Dave said:

Can I ask a genuine question, what would a fair price be for U19 and U12 tickets be?

I think the under 12’s tickets at £99 including a shirt/mini-kit ARE fair prices. 

My issue was that they have gone up to that from £50 overnight. I think that’s harsh, when unexpected. 

As I say though, I think it is still decent value and will now be renewing, having held off in support of the questions raised. 

18 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Andrew Ridgeley and/or George Michael ?

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think the under 12’s tickets at £99 including a shirt/mini-kit ARE fair prices. 

My issue was that they have gone up to that from £50 overnight. I think that’s harsh, when unexpected. 

As I say though, I think it is still decent value and will now be renewing, having held off in support of the questions raised. 

I do have a concern when % increases are quoted.

As £99 can be expressed as a 98% increase or around £4 a game.

One seems harsh, one seems a very good deal.

23 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

lets get that dwarf Sullivan and his mate gold down the gate eh?.......

3 hours ago, glynriley said:

'Tis true. Other than the extra toilets, the Dolman Stand of today, is little different to that of pre development. Except the Red and White bar / Harrys Bar has been replaced by a cold and draughty concourse.... :colder:

Bit unfair. Dolman now when you aren’t now facing the pitch isn’t bad. The internals now are a world apart from some lean-to toilet blocks and a concession stand which was a fake plastic coffee cup hut thing!

4 minutes ago, Dave said:

I do have a concern when % increases are quoted.

As £99 can be expressed as a 98% increase or around £4 a game.

One seems harsh, one seems a very good deal.

But on top of the u12 price increase of £49 my adult ticket has gone up by £68.

I have two kids both with season tickets so £168 extra to stay in central dolman is to much.

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

What about something like handing Children outside the family area a small placard saying 'I'm not welcome here next year'. They'll need no encouragement to hold it aloft, and the image could be quite strong. 

I actually think this would have a huge impact with the power of social media - all it would take is one photo to have the desired effect. Post online & let the power of twitter / Facebook do the rest

4 hours ago, Buckeyed said:

I personally think the free childrens shirt is a decent offer if you were planning to buy one anyway - effectively making the £50 ticket £20. What is not a good offer is when it is used to justify a £50 price increase i.e. "you're price is now £100 but you still get a free shirt".

I think it' unfair to cap at under 12. I reall can't understand that.

It should be under 16. Unless they know something I don't about magic money appearing when your kids then 12.

57 minutes ago, Dave said:

Can I ask a genuine question, what would a fair price be for U19 and U12 tickets be?

It's a fair question but respectfully it misses the point. The club - and no one else - chose what to set the existing U19/U12 prices at.

Even if you accepted that the "right" price was £99, the club shows utter contempt for family supporters in the Dolman etc by inviting kids into stands at one price and then trying to hoist a 100% increase in one go (when they decide they want them somewhere else). The question of what a fair price is doesn't come into this. 

The real issue is the club made their bed and should lie in it. Not do a 100% about turn engineered to make fans go elsewhere. So it's not a case of what the right price is, but what a fair increase is. And this, quite obviously is not. Especially when the rest of us (me included) are paying **** all increase in the exact same blocks. 

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

Mass walk out on the 29th minute would get the papers and press talking as well as the board looking like chumps with out the negatives towards the fans alah West Ham 

A good way to support the team on Saturday - I don't think!

2 hours ago, Vil1 said:

Stop moaning and pay the money .lansdown is are saviour maybe you moaners should give the man some respect for what he has done for are club! Stop moaning on forums over a few quid .pay the money or go watch some park football .never happy you lot .go work a few more hours and that will make up the diffrence.like a load of old women 

Quite the orator aren’t you.

2 hours ago, Vil1 said:

Stop moaning and pay the money .lansdown is are saviour maybe you moaners should give the man some respect for what he has done for are club! Stop moaning on forums over a few quid .pay the money or go watch some park football .never happy you lot .go work a few more hours and that will make up the diffrence.like a load of old women 

In the spirit of 'attack the post, not the poster', I'd just like to say that this post is a ****.

Archived