IGNORED

Statement from Jon Lansdown + SC&T reply

RedM

1 minute ago, Monkeh said:

Ahh we should just roll over and accept families and the disabled being shafted.... got it thanks

I suggested that people who were adamant about not renewing, didn’t turn up on Saturday, to demonstrate to the club, what all those empty seats would look like and what the effects of not compromising might be, for next season. 

Guess how many people stepped up and agreed to do it..?! 

Good points made from both sides of the debate.

Back in the 70s, the Evening Post would carry an advert from BCFC stating who they were playing on the Saturday. It was under the Banner Entertainment at Ashton Gate. 

Football until recently, was in the entertainment business. Now, it's a business, incorporating many facets of which football is one of them.

Teams in the Premier league (even Stoke City) no longer need money from the turnstiles. Stoke, to their credit, have not increased their season tickets in the past 11 years as a result.

To show this particular entertainment business at Ashton Gate that the prices are wrong needs to be done when there will be maximum coverage. You wouldn't boo a band off stage at the Colston Hall before they had started and neither would you boo after the main act had finished their encore and the equipment was back in the Edwin Shirley Trucks outside (or the modern equivalent)!

Liverpool fans showed their displeasure regarding future prices, during a match (last season I think) with a superb outcome. 

The players aren't thick. They'll know what the protest is about. I'm sure it won't affect their play.....unless it involved Dolly chain linking herself to Flinty. Wait a minute, he's banned.....so the protest won't affect the players!

However hard it might feel to a City fan, protesting during the game without any violence, is the way forward.

Me? I'll be protesting by not flying over for the game (like I've done regularly)!

2 hours ago, 29AR said:

Yeah I get that Hellfire. But also this is the club's second bite at the cherry no less. It needs to be designed to cause the maximum possibility of a climb down, unfortunately the time the club is most in the spotlight is during those 90m. 

All in all a very difficult question. Today's club statement did not exactly help the case. The club should concentrate on getting new fans on board with incentives and adverts like the one two posts above rather than skin long term fans.

Maybe the mathematicians at the uni can be consulted til next season to avoid another debacle.

Question to be asked;

-How do we maximum profits but still keep people reasonably happy?

My objection was it wasn’t a staged increase, or say 10% across the board . We must have made money from the cup games so where has that gone.? I though some of it could have been used to support season ticket prices. I am glad though that they have decided to phase in the rise in disabled ticket prices, especially as there had been no prior warning. It’s a shame that all this has overshadowed the highs of the cup run

They are the Lansdowns, they do what they want, they do what they want, they are the Lansdowns they do what they want. :banana:

Sit down shut up please as well, unless they give out the special flags of course.

We are Bristol City they are just passing through it.

Ok apologies if it's been mentioned but what about a sit in protest?

I.e. at final whistle, everyone protesting sits down and refuses to move. 10,000 fans refusing to budge would grab the suits attention...

Hold out for as long as possible.

The suits don't want empty seats now do they? Well this way, they won't be.

@Dollymarie @Blagdon Mike @Blagdon red

One of the Manc Blue chaps posting on here explained why there were empty seats at the Etihad. Their fanbase hasn't changed drastically even though the club/team has, it is still made up of working people who can't afford extortionate prices of the Prem. Our fanbase isn't going to suddenly change either, if we ever get promoted, so who will be buying those STs? The club is playing a dangerous game which I can't see panning out well.

@Norn Iron What did the Liverpool fans do?

5 minutes ago, Redandwhitescarf said:

My objection was it wasn’t a staged increase, or say 10% across the board . We must have made money from the cup games so where has that gone.? I though some of it could have been used to support season ticket prices. I am glad though that they have decided to phase in the rise in disabled ticket prices, especially as there had been no prior warning. It’s a shame that all this has overshadowed the highs of the cup run

The club runs at a loss. All the 'made money' will just make the balance sheet look a bit better. Nirvana for SL is the club being self-sustainable. I laud the ambition, but really the only way for that to happen in the present climate is to gain promotion to the promised land and not to sink all the tv revenue you earn into inflating players wages too much.  Or maybe have a steady supply of in demand youngsters coming through...

2 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

The saddest thing for me is that I've always been highly supporting of the Lansdowns and even the Bristol Sport project, and yet over the course of one off season, they've managed to completely change my perspective and shatter my confidence in them.

Financially I am secure and the cost of a ST isn't a deciding factor, but I don't think I'm going to buy one now next season out of principle. Sad state of affairs and once again, a dreadful response to sincere and vindicated concerns from the fans.

We’ll done for coming on and saying that.

I’ve always said the Lansdowns, Ashton and Bristol Sport have no interest in BCFC.

The ***** are in it for themselves and their ilk.

We’ve been ****** over good and proper. And sadly they don’t give a shit.

3 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

They are the Lansdowns, they do what they want, they do what they want, they are the Lansdowns they do what they want. :banana:

Sit down shut up please as well, unless they give out the special flags of course.

We are Bristol City they are just passing through it.

Like the last one and sums up the feelings of many of us;

They’re just passing through,

They’re just passing through,

We’re Bristol City, they’re just passing through ..

8 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Ok apologies if it's been mentioned but what about a sit in protest?

I.e. at final whistle, everyone protesting sits down and refuses to move. 10,000 fans refusing to budge would grab the suits attention...

Hold out for as long as possible.

The suits don't want empty seats now do they? Well this way, they won't be.

@Dollymarie @Blagdon Mike @Blagdon red

Im up for a sit in!

Well....until about 5.06pm...thats when my bus is

4 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

The club runs at a loss. All the 'made money' will just make the balance sheet look a bit better. Nirvana for SL is the club being self-sustainable. I laud the ambition, but really the only way for that to happen in the present climate is to gain promotion to the promised land and not to sink all the tv revenue you earn into inflating players wages too much.  Or maybe have a steady supply of in demand youngsters coming through...

Agree that promotion has to be the aim as financially we will suffer in the Championship with the wealth of the teams coming down and having their parachute payments. It’s a sad state that in the Premier League and the Championship family run clubs are      a thing of the past or at least have to accept an element of their funding from other sponsors/backers

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

We’ll done for coming on and saying that.

I’ve always said the Lansdowns, Ashton and Bristol Sport have no interest in BCFC.

The ***** are in it for themselves and their ilk.

We’ve been ****** over good and proper. And sadly they don’t give a shit.

What do you think is Steve Lansdown's motivation for putting $$$ into the club. I mean, he'll never get a return on investment, so how does this square this with the 'in it for themselves' part of your statement, for him only? Yet on the other hand he certainly seems to be allowing the management team carte-blanche to alienate the fan-base (they must get a special prize for turning this around so quickly following the Caraboo Cup highs! :( ) - it just doesn't make any sense.

8 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

God How much stick would they get then!!!!!

Get in the prem and not pay inflated wages

The second we get in the prem OTIB will be in melt down telling Lansdown to buy the likes of

Hazzard Bale Messi and a few others Wont be any posts saying run the club on a profit 

2 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

Is there anyway people having a problem to cope with the pricing can get money from trust funds set up to support people in need for example disabled people?

There must be funds out there 

Sadly there isn't much money in the country for the poor, what with the mega-rich hoarding it all and lining their own pockets at the expense of the working people. As going to football isn't a basic human right, I think any subsidy (for something that is massively overpriced) should be bourne by the suppliers (clubs).

5 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Sadly there isn't much money in the country for the poor, what with the mega-rich hoarding it all and lining their own pockets at the expense of the working people. As going to football isn't a basic human right, I think any subsidy (for something that is massively overpriced) should be bourne by the suppliers (clubs).

How is football “over priced” when the majority of clubs run at a loss..?

Basic business practice is buy your product (football players) build in your overheads, calculate your required mark up = sets/determines your products’ selling price. 

Not many businesses continue making losses year after year, with some generous bloke binging the money in to cover them. Not long term anyway. 

Is football pricey..? Yes. Is it “over priced”..? Most clubs accounts would suggest not. 

8 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

God How much stick would they get then!!!!!

Get in the prem and not pay inflated wages

The second we get in the prem OTIB will be in melt down telling Lansdown to buy the likes of

Hazzard Bale Messi and a few others Wont be any posts saying run the club on a profit 

Why not - I will be! if it's well run you should be able to ensure a little trading profit (to put into the club) from all the $ky money washing over you in the PL. I don't think most players will see a difference in their standards of living on £30,000 v £60,000 per week. Maybe I'm too naive.

13 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Why not - I will be! if it's well run you should be able to ensure a little trading profit (to put into the club) from all the $ky money washing over you in the PL. I don't think most players will see a difference in their standards of living on £30,000 v £60,000 per week. Maybe I'm too naive.

The owners as a collective need to take their responsibility. English football is a national heritage. Ownership from outside England - non English citizens - should not be allowed. You are welcome as sponsors but football is a national heritage you should keep your corrupt money laundered hands from. NO ONE WANT'S YOU.     

10 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

How is football “over priced” when the majority of clubs run at a loss..?

Basic business practice is buy your product (football players) build in your overheads, calculate your required mark up = sets/determines your products’ selling price. 

Not many businesses continue making losses year after year, with some generous bloke binging the money in to cover them. Not long term anyway. 

Is football pricey..? Yes. Is it “over priced”..? Most clubs accounts would suggest not. 

However, it was only a few years ago when there were only a few clubs not making a loss. When I mean a loss, the bank's should've have treated the club's the same as a business that was in debt. Amazingly, they didn't make any club bankrrupt.

It would be interesting to see a revised figure for this season as to how many clubs have bank loans and are still in real debt.

OK,  the hang them/flog them brigade are in the ascendancy, but please, a sense of perspective required.

The Lansdown’s are genuine supporters, I know that for a fact. The commitment to the Club, the Bristol Community and to sport in the City is second to none. I applaud and support their vision of creating a sustainable football club and a Bristol Sport ‘family’. 

The existing pricing structure has unbelievable concessionary offers. The price rises, as a few others have said, provide some astonishing percentage increases but, in real terms, the increased prices still provide great value for money as compared to other Clubs and other forms of entertainment. 

To have very cheap concessions in your prime seats is business suicide. The error was made in allowing that to happen in the first place. 

I’m not defending some rank bad public engagement, detail in some of the pricing strategy and a totally naff damage limitation statement but let’s not get too anarchic here. Give me The Lansdown’s over any other Football Club owner in the EFL. 

3 hours ago, GILLI said:

Unclear.. So are they saying no discount in the club shop but some sort of loyalty scheme? that won’t be announced till the summer ... ? What’s the bets it’s you get a coffee style stamp card and every transaction get a stamp, fill the card and get a free scarf ... 

Or how about ... get half a scarf now and the other half later?  half City half Rugby.

Half 'n' half scarves, everyone love 'em don't they? 

It's the kind of BS promotion that wouldn't surprise me at all if BS actually went with..  ;)

1 hour ago, iamsober said:

A good way to support the team on Saturday - I don't think!

Its a straightforward question of doing something to support a point of principle.  

Not every decision has to be secondary to supporting the team for every minute of every game. 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Its a straightforward question of doing something to support a point of principle.  

Not every decision has to be secondary to supporting the team for every minute of every game. 

What percentage of support out of 15/20K support your principle?

Well that finally does it for me with the so called loyalty scheme.

Just done the figures.

Myself and 16 yr old son this season for  Landsdown centre £626. 

Next Season    £599 +£199  = £798       £172 more next season

Spend over £150 in club shop  - 15% discount this season next none so £22.50 more

Approx £30 per game in concessions, say £600 per season, 15 % discount this season , 10% next, so roughly £30.00 more ignoring any increases in  beer/food/sweet prices (which there obviously will be!)

So to sum up its going to cost me and my son at least £224.50 more for the same product! A bit ahead of inflation or reason.

Really quite annoyed, so for reasons above we're oot....

Archived