IGNORED

Statement from Jon Lansdown + SC&T reply

RedM

16 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Well that finally does it for me with the so called loyalty scheme.

Just done the figures.

Myself and 16 yr old son this season for  Landsdown centre £626. 

Next Season    £599 +£199  = £798       £172 more next season

Spend over £150 in club shop  - 15% discount this season next none so £22.50 more

Approx £30 per game in concessions, say £600 per season, 15 % discount this season , 10% next, so roughly £30.00 more ignoring any increases in  beer/food/sweet prices (which there obviously will be!)

So to sum up its going to cost me and my son at least £224.50 more for the same product! A bit ahead of inflation or reason.

Really quite annoyed, so for reasons above we're oot....

You could move to the upper family area! :laugh:

Can somebody answer a question- I have tried to keep up with the threads but lots of posts.

I can’t afford to stay where I am in central dolman so IF I renew elsewhere eg south stand do I take it that at midday on 29th all seats not renewed go on sell but only for an 8 hour window via the phone ie not even online?

21 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Well that finally does it for me with the so called loyalty scheme.

Just done the figures.

Myself and 16 yr old son this season for  Landsdown centre £626. 

Next Season    £599 +£199  = £798       £172 more next season

Spend over £150 in club shop  - 15% discount this season next none so £22.50 more

Approx £30 per game in concessions, say £600 per season, 15 % discount this season , 10% next, so roughly £30.00 more ignoring any increases in  beer/food/sweet prices (which there obviously will be!)

So to sum up its going to cost me and my son at least £224.50 more for the same product! A bit ahead of inflation or reason.

Really quite annoyed, so for reasons above we're oot....

You spend £30 per game in the concessions..?!!

1 hour ago, cityloyal473 said:

There will be sweet FA of a 'protest' over this.

On the contrary, the entire Dolman B Block is going to stand motionless in the aisle for ten minutes after full time.

Not really an act of defiance, just the usual for a Saturday afternoon.

I can only speak for my own season ticket renewal, 

Family Stand Moved last year from South Stand - I was quite happy where we were but I had no choice relocating to the Upper Lansdown...

Last Year = £372, Free Under 12, Free Shirt
This Renewal = £345, £50 Under 12, Free Shirt, 

The renewal means if I attend all 23 games, my cost is £15 per game. If my son attends all games, lets say his season ticket effectively costs £20 (because I would buy him a shirt) & he attends all 23 games, the cost for him is just 87 pence per game, 

Not a Bad Deal

18 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You spend £30 per game in the concessions..?!!

Yeah, we treat it as a social occasion to see friends (that we used to sit with, but cant justify next year) etc. Usually there at 1 -130, half time and after in Sports Bar. It's not hard if you don't have to drive :D

25 minutes ago, Neo said:

Can somebody answer a question- I have tried to keep up with the threads but lots of posts.

I can’t afford to stay where I am in central dolman so IF I renew elsewhere eg south stand do I take it that at midday on 29th all seats not renewed go on sell but only for an 8 hour window via the phone ie not even online?

Correct.

It's a very small window with I imagine lot's of calls trying to transfer....

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

How is football “over priced” when the majority of clubs run at a loss..?

Basic business practice is buy your product (football players) build in your overheads, calculate your required mark up = sets/determines your products’ selling price. 

Not many businesses continue making losses year after year, with some generous bloke binging the money in to cover them. Not long term anyway. 

Is football pricey..? Yes. Is it “over priced”..? Most clubs accounts would suggest not. 

There is away to reduce the insane costs and that’s for football as a whole, from top to bottom, agree that there is no player worth some of the obscene amounts currently being payed.  

8 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Yeah, we treat it as a social occasion to see friends (that we used to sit with, but cant justify next year) etc. Usually there at 1 -130, half time and after in Sports Bar. It's not hard if you don't have to drive :D

If you can afford the most expensive seats, an unnecessary £150 in the club shop plus £700 a season at the concessions, I’m surprised that the difference really bothers you that much. Especially enough to just bin it all off. 

7 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Could do, but don't like heights, 16 year old, 6ft 2" centre back son doesn't want his face painted, and mates in Lower stand arent going to move with us  :help:

Are they going to not renew and meet up with you elsewhere every other Saturday..?

2 minutes ago, Maesknoll Red said:

There is away to reduce the insane costs and that’s for football as a whole, from top to bottom, agree that there is no player worth some of the obscene amounts currently being payed.  

Of course, but that will not happen. 

Any caps on wages or transfers would just be worked around. 

The only fair way would be for the FA to introduce ticket price caps and then clubs have to budget accordingly. 

2 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Just telling you how it is. Cant afford the extra. Sorry if it pisses you off. 

Of course you can. You could easily spend less next season than you have this season, if you need too. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

The 2 of you can travel the extra distance and get your away tickets for under £35 for the pair of you..? I find that hard to believe.

I dunno, but you really do come across a bit argumentative. Let me explain for you as you seem so petty. I drive, and others in the 7 seater pay an extra £5 each on top of actual petrol costs, for wear and tear, mileage etc, and the ability to drink and have a laugh. So believe that

2 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

I dunno, but you really do come across a bit argumentative. Let me explain for you as you seem so petty. I drive, and others in the 7 seater pay an extra £5 each on top of actual petrol costs, for wear and tear, mileage etc, and the ability to drink and have a laugh. So believe that

Don’t get pissy mate. It’s you that’s contradicting yourself. 

By the way why is the discussion already becoming a debate about whether this is overpricing or not. This has never primarily been an issue of the overall principle of price increases, but of cynical selective pricing engineering long term supporters into different parts or the ground. As an overall group of supporters we are not simply looking for a freebie, we are trying to defend people from being moved out of their current part of their ground.

Archived