IGNORED

Statement from Jon Lansdown + SC&T reply

RedM

2 minutes ago, Olé said:

By the way why is the discussion already becoming a debate about whether this is overpricing or not. This has never primarily been an issue of the overall principle of price increases, but of cynical selective pricing engineering long term supporters into different parts or the ground. As an overall group of supporters we are not simply looking for a freebie, we are trying to defend people from being moved out of their current part of their ground.

I’m not actually sure that is the main point. 

I can understand the club trying to maximise revenue from desirable seating. I see the problem in being that percentage increases (for some) are unfathomable. 

I know the 2 kind of go hand in hand, but nobody “owns” the seats they effectively rent for 23 games per season. A blanket price rise for all, in every part of the ground would have been far more acceptable, imo. 

3 minutes ago, StGeorge said:

Precisely where?

You - “I can’t afford it next season”

Yes you can, you just choose to spend more than you need too. 

You - “away games don’t cost more” 

yes, they do. 

You - “ I don’t want to not sit with my friends”

But they will be going to games. You won’t. How does that solve your issue..? 

8 hours ago, Super said:

That's the trouble kids don't want to be miles away from the pitch anyway. Stupid decision for them to be up in the gods.

Spot on. Higher is better for the more refined supporter but absolutely rubbish for young uns.    They need to be near the action to feel part of it.  I remember going to the Nou Camp and was sat next to this kid who just went to sleep.  Kids should be part of the atmosphere, not away from it.  My kids are into City because they've been part of the singing bit for a few years.  A decision made by bean counters with no understanding of the effects of the decision in the long term.

45 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

As an aside, have the prices for the Rugby lot been announced yet? Are they likely to be given a similar shrift?

No, they are not being announced until mid April. 

Rumoured that 10% discount for dual City and Bristol season tickets will be discontinued and that concessions, food & drinks 20% discount to be reduced to 10%.

1 minute ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

I don't understand why you pair of spanners want to argue in public. Why don't you have your girly spat via pm instead of clogging up this thread with all your, " mine is bigger than yours" crap

You don’t need to understand it, do you..?

Isn’t this forum full of people “arguing in public” with their opinions, rather than everyone discussing things via PM..?

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Spot on. Higher is better for the more refined supporter but absolutely rubbish for young uns.    They need to be near the action to feel part of it.  I remember going to the Nou Camp and was sat next to this kid who just went to sleep.  Kids should be part of the atmosphere, not away from it.  My kids are into City because they've been part of the singing bit for a few years.  A decision made by bean counters with no understanding of the effects of the decision in the long term.

Absolutely my view. 

I didn’t get hooked on football and City in particular, from the back of the Dolman. 

It was in the Eastend, with the atmosphere, close to the action, feeling involved. The view was secondary. 

It’s now I’m older and already hooked, that higher in the Dolman, in a less rowdy surrounding, where we can chat and discuss the game appeals. 

If i’d have been in the Upper Lansdown as a youngster, I don’t think I’d have found the whole experience as irresistible. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Absolutely my view. 

I didn’t get hooked on football and City in particular, from the back of the Dolman. 

It was in the Eastend, with the atmosphere, close to the action, feeling involved. The view was secondary. 

It’s now I’m older and already hooked, that higher in the Dolman, in a less rowdy surrounding, where we can chat and discuss the game appeals. 

If i’d have been in the Upper Lansdown as a youngster, I don’t think I’d have found the whole experience as irresistible. 

I must say if you ever played football you must have been a defender?

3 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Good points made from both sides of the debate.

Back in the 70s, the Evening Post would carry an advert from BCFC stating who they were playing on the Saturday. It was under the Banner Entertainment at Ashton Gate. 

Football until recently, was in the entertainment business. Now, it's a business, incorporating many facets of which football is one of them.

Teams in the Premier league (even Stoke City) no longer need money from the turnstiles. Stoke, to their credit, have not increased their season tickets in the past 11 years as a result.

To show this particular entertainment business at Ashton Gate that the prices are wrong needs to be done when there will be maximum coverage. You wouldn't boo a band off stage at the Colston Hall before they had started and neither would you boo after the main act had finished their encore and the equipment was back in the Edwin Shirley Trucks outside (or the modern equivalent)!

Liverpool fans showed their displeasure regarding future prices, during a match (last season I think) with a superb outcome. 

The players aren't thick. They'll know what the protest is about. I'm sure it won't affect their play.....unless it involved Dolly chain linking herself to Flinty. Wait a minute, he's banned.....so the protest won't affect the players!

However hard it might feel to a City fan, protesting during the game without any violence, is the way forward.

Me? I'll be protesting by not flying over for the game (like I've done regularly)!

I know this is going slightly off tangent but here goes anyway. I work with a Stoke City season ticket holder who goes to a lot of away games with his son. Stoke provide free travel to ALL away games for all supporters! I thought that was pretty impressive,

9 hours ago, Jarman said:

It is absolute rubbish and is one of the reasons that I have promoted myself to the joys of non league football ... and I remember Gibson Ford Brig ... yawn!!  And as for extending the deadline for paying up until after March payday .... why sell next season's season tickets in February??  I am actually qualified to join MENSA and am not stupid ... sadly football clubs treat their supporters as cannon fodder.  I suspect the very exciting early release season tickets ... sorry cards ... was based upon some rather daft assumption that BCFC might be in the Premier League ... 

Come and join us at The Mem. We're the league club with the non league feel :)

27 minutes ago, The Bard said:

With you on that. I think they should have put kids concessions in the first 3/4 rows all around the ground as well as the Upper Lansdown. That strategy also has other benefits too, in terms of crowd control. 

21 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

I must say if you ever played football you must have been a defender?

Everywhere but..! 

Striker, midfield & goal keeper. Probably just because I wasn’t good enough at any of them..! Maybe I should have tried defence..! 

39 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You - “I can’t afford it next season”

Yes you can, you just choose to spend more than you need too. 

You - “away games don’t cost more” 

yes, they do. 

You - “ I don’t want to not sit with my friends”

But they will be going to games. You won’t. How does that solve your issue..? 

Just to pee off kevinmabbuttshair :whistle:

1. Ok I can't afford the same experience next season as I can this season

2.No,  they don't for me  - see above

3. it doesn't. the issue being I can't afford it

ACTION IDEAS

Here is the result on arriving home some five-six hours after my appeal on OTIB for ideas for (a) a second statement and (b) a form of protest.

Most of the posts do not contain action points, here are the ones that do:

1.  Chant for 90 minutes                                                            reject - affects the game

2.  All FAN and BCSCT resign en masse                                 only effective fans’ voice

3.  Something legal, not a pitch invasion             ?

4.  Children display cards “We are not welcome here next season”

5.  Club gets huge fine; why not a points deduction?

6.  Something before or after the game, not during

7.  Circulate on social media - red card for children to hold

8.  Pecking Order – design option for red card

9.  People sit on pitch in numbers that cannot be coped with

10.  Do not renew

11.  Walk out                                                                           reject - affects the game

12.  In 29th minute (deadline day in March) wave red cards one minute

13.  Something visual – children in Upper Lansdown wave cards

14.  Mass walkout on 29th minute                                             reject - affects the game

15.  BristolCitySweden says, “a further statement is way forward

16.  If adamant about not renewing, stay away on Saturday

17.  Sit-in protest at final whistle

18.  Enough is enough chant

19.       I'm not sure anything supporters do will change the decisions made.

The important thing is to retain the dignity of the supporter groups.

Whatever happens make it dignified.

A media campaign which registers dissatisfaction might be preferable to a hard to co-ordinate protest.

I leave it up to you whether you think this is a guide for successful protest action.

Thanks to all that participated!

4 minutes ago, Blagdon Mike said:

ACTION IDEAS

Here is the result on arriving home some five-six hours after my appeal on OTIB for ideas for (a) a second statement and (b) a form of protest.

1.  Chant for 90 minutes                                                            reject - affects the game

2.  All FAN and BCSCT resign en masse                                 only effective fans’ voice

10.  Do not renew

11.  Walk out                                                                           reject - affects the game

14.  Mass walkout on 29th minute                                             reject - affects the game

A media campaign which registers dissatisfaction might be preferable to a hard to co-ordinate protest.

I leave it up to you whether you think this is a guide for successful protest action.

5 or 16 would get my vote. 

1 minute ago, StGeorge said:

Mmmm.... hard as bus booked, but just stay in park, Lions or pub. enough do it ok, but probably not enough

If enough don’t do it, then it’s not enough of a problem. 

If I was genuinely effected enough, not to renew next season (I’m not & will be renewing my 2) then I’d happily miss a game, along with everyone else in the same position, to show the impact that it will have, first hand. 

Next seasons sales pitch is already taking shape behind the scenes....

* One suggestion under serious consideration is an eye catching loyalty offer for early season card renewals.

An opportunity for our customers, erm, supporters to wear their hearts, not only on their sleeves (replica shirts/club merchandise etc), but something that will really provide the 'in it together' emotional connection that we feel they crave and aspire to. An opportunity to proudly go where non have gone before..

They are football fans, we can sell this to them, with the right words and strategy we'll have them eating out of our hands (& on site concessions) they will be convinced that this s the ultimate proof of love and self deprecating  loyalty to the cause...

Be our super fans, sign up now, empty your wallets and receive this innovative, once in a lifetime (until next year, ...cos there's one born every minute) free gift, our way of assessing the gullibility (oops, devotion)

So here it is, without further ado, we will offer to the first 3000 new season card renewals a :

Free, Lifetime ''MUG' forehead tattoo. (in red, you know the font ! )

We anticipate a rapid take up of this unique Club/SuperFan offer, so it will be available on a strictly first come first branded basis, when its gone its gone, so if they want to be proud club 'MUG's (& they will) they will need to sign up asap for season 2019/2020.

That's the anticipated centre piece of next years club season card renewal campaign ... We are sure it will be a winner, and prove extremely popular among the fools, umm sorry, among our cherished support. 

We commend this sales strategy to the board for approval.

*(outline, extract from a leaked internal memo)

17 minutes ago, Blagdon Mike said:

ACTION IDEAS

10.  Do not renew

An idea on here way to have a Gif made (in the style of our famous ones for this season) with a message relating to this of some sort.

I don’t have the know how to make it myself, but it’s a super effective way of spreading the word and would definitely get traction.

It should be posted under every single @bcfctweets post. In the same way people spam Donald Trump’s tweets.

What it needs though is someone with an idea of the content and how to make it..

4 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Next seasons sales pitch is already taking shape behind the scenes....

* One suggestion under serious consideration is an eye catching loyalty offer for early season card renewals.

An opportunity for our customers, erm, supporters to wear their hearts, not only on their sleeves (replica shirts/club merchandise etc), but something that will really provide the 'in it together' emotional connection that we feel they crave and aspire to. An opportunity to proudly go where non have gone before..

They are football fans, we can sell this to them, with the right words and strategy we'll have them eating out of our hands (& on site concessions) they will be convinced that this s the ultimate proof of love and self deprecating  loyalty to the cause...

Be our super fans, sign up now, empty your wallets and receive this innovative, once in a lifetime (until next year, ...cos there's one born every minute) free gift, our way of assessing the gullibility (oops, devotion)

So here it is, without further ado, we will offer to the first 3000 new season card renewals a :

Free, Lifetime ''MUG' forehead tattoo. (in red, you know the font ! )

We anticipate a rapid take up of this unique Club/SuperFan offer, so it will be available on a strictly first come first branded basis, when its gone its gone, so if they want to be proud club 'MUG's (& they will) they will need to sign up asap for season 2019/2020.

That's the anticipated centre piece of next years club season card renewal campaign ... We are sure it will be a winner, and prove extremely popular among the fools, umm sorry, among our cherished support. 

We commend this sales strategy to the board for approval.

*(outline, extract from a leaked internal memo)

I don’t think we should get the tattoo all in one go. 

It should be stagered over 3 years, one letter per year. That way nobody isn’t going to renew for the 2nd & 3rd year. 

26 minutes ago, Blagdon Mike said:

ACTION IDEAS

10.  Do not renew

Why don't we all stand up and turn our backs to the pitch in the 29th minute just like the club is turning its back on us.

Some talk of card displays or people holding up red cards. 

Well, S82 have this afternoon been advised by the Club that we are no longer permitted to use cards for any displays. 

Apparently, during the Cardiff game where we’d set these up (only to be changed by the club), some of the card was adapted into paper aeroplanes and the referee reported it and we face an FA fine if it happens again. 

So, any plans involving card or paper is now not permitted. 

Good this, innit! 

5 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I don’t think we should get the tattoo all in one go. 

It should be stagered over 3 years, one letter per year. That way nobody isn’t going to renew for the 2nd & 3rd year. 

Excellent point....

(one prob with that, - what happens in year two if we draw Man U again in a cup, or if we're in the Prem) ....

MU  in red on foreheads, see what I mean?

3 minutes ago, Harry said:

Well, S82 have this afternoon been advised by the Club that we are no longer permitted to use cards for any displays. 

Apparently, during the Cardiff game where we’d set these up (only to be changed by the club), some of the card was adapted into paper aeroplanes and the referee reported it and we face an FA fine if it happens again. 

Good this, innit! 

How convenient for the club..

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

How is football “over priced” when the majority of clubs run at a loss..?

Basic business practice is buy your product (football players) build in your overheads, calculate your required mark up = sets/determines your products’ selling price. 

Not many businesses continue making losses year after year, with some generous bloke binging the money in to cover them. Not long term anyway. 

Is football pricey..? Yes. Is it “over priced”..? Most clubs accounts would suggest not. 

that's because the players are vastly overpaid, and no team wants to be the first to make a stand, the game is far to heavily weighted in favour of the players, if they were all brave enough to say you get 5 grand a week take it or leave it what could the players do, that's still a hell of a lot more than most of them could ever hope to earn in the real world.

How about ...

Everyone sets their Mobile Phone 'ALARM CLOCKS' to go off simultaneously on 29 MINUTES  into the game.. ?

Remain silent (except for the phones,) Hold Them Up facing towards the Club Officials seats..  

Eye catching and noisy! 

(this in conjunction with other protestations, very easy to do and organise.. spread by word of mouth throughout the stands pre match and during the early part of the game... most people will have phones!) 

36 minutes ago, Harry said:

Good this, innit! 

Our season ticket covers are red just hold them up, then let's see what the club will do about that. 

Archived