IGNORED

Statement from Jon Lansdown + SC&T reply

RedM

5 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

How about ...

Everyone sets their Mobile Phone 'ALARM CLOCKS' to go off simultaneously on 29 MINUTES  into the game.. ?

Remain silent (except for the phones,) Hold Them Up facing towards the Club Officials seats..  

Eye catching and noisy! 

(this in conjunction with other protestations, very easy to do and organise.. spread by word of mouth throughout the stands pre match and during the early part of the game... most people will have phones!) 

The clock on my phone is 10 minutes fast. I’d look a right plonker on 19 minutes.

1 hour ago, Blagdon Mike said:

#OTIB Supporter

PECKING ORDER JPG

CAN WE HAVE THIS PRODUCED WITH A RED BACKGROUND PLEASE?

WOULD MAKE A USEFUL A4 IMAGE ...

THANKS!

I’m assuming you meant to tag @The Joker in this, in reference to this image:

FHorxob.jpg

In regards to a protest, I proposed something in another thread (here)... basically, absolutely pack out the South Stand, leaving the other two stands nearly empty. A show of unity between fans, an avoidance of detrimental atmosphere for the team (it may even improve it), and a bonus of demonstrating how safe standing could work.

From that position, any other idea could also be implemented (placards, turning backs to the pitch, songs, etc.) - the only issue would be ensuring it's achieved safely, which may be too much of a risk.

55 minutes ago, RedYoshi said:

The clock on my phone is 10 minutes fast. I’d look a right plonker on 19 minutes.

I see what you've done there @RedYoshi .....

Your phone clock is obviously set to Dolman Mean Time (DMT) , you need to reset it to Ashton Gate Mean Time (AGMT) or GMT will do just as well, that way you will be time synchronised with the match officials and get it see games all the way to the final whistle.

I believe Dolman Mean Time (DMT) was introduced by some joker having a laugh for April Fools Day one year several decades ago... Unfortunately it caught out many supporters in the Dolman and has been a common problem within that false time zone ever since,, supporters have subsequently become accustomed to 80Minute Football matches and frequently miss the latter stages of games.

Please reset your watch/phone to AGMT/GMT asap before it's too late - get more out of your matchday experience!

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

I think the under 12’s tickets at £99 including a shirt/mini-kit ARE fair prices. 

My issue was that they have gone up to that from £50 overnight. I think that’s harsh, when unexpected. 

As I say though, I think it is still decent value and will now be renewing, having held off in support of the questions raised. 

I still don' understand why there isn' just a child's price.

Could somebody please explain why my 12 year old has to pay more than my 7 year old?

The Lansdown statement is really disappointing but no surprise. The club clearly feel they’ve got it right and once you cut through all the corporate spiel it’s basically saying that we know we’ve pissed off the whole fan base but we’re going to press on regardless. 

As someone else said earlier on this thread the changes to the disabled ticket prices could very easily be viewed cynically as an attempt to stave off more bad publicity. And the extension of the deadline by a couple of days is risible.... why not extend it until the end of April and actually make a difference? There is no practical need for people to have to renew over 4 months before the season starts, and the extension by a few days is an insult. 

I’ll renew my 3 tickets in S82 because I love going and it’s habit. I’ll happily boycott the overpriced concessions though, especially now our discounts have been reduced. 

Only City could balls this up quite so spectacularly. I don’t think many would have objected if they’d just done away with the free kids ticket in the family stand and added £25 to all other prices across the ground. That would’ve bee fair and reasonable. As it is they’ve deliberately picked on kids and the elderly and it’s a totally avoidable PR disaster. 

9 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Could somebody please explain why my 12 year old has to pay more than my 7 year old?

I’ve never got this either. I’m sure that when I was a kid there were just adult and child prices. It seems to be the modern way, all clubs seem to do it but I’ll never understand why. 

6 hours ago, Harry said:

Some talk of card displays or people holding up red cards. 

Well, S82 have this afternoon been advised by the Club that we are no longer permitted to use cards for any displays. 

Apparently, during the Cardiff game where we’d set these up (only to be changed by the club), some of the card was adapted into paper aeroplanes and the referee reported it and we face an FA fine if it happens again. 

So, any plans involving card or paper is now not permitted. 

Good this, innit! 

But this has not been mentioned prior to now? Convenient timing. I can see why the club adopted BS as it’s head company.

As if the ref complained. Hardly any card got on the pitch that day - club is sacred to death.

It is a shame that this forum does not reach our whole fan base as there would be one visual spectacle that would grab headlines everywhere if we all done it as a fan base - wear blue and white. Imagine the gate with no red and white flags, shirts etc - would be weird (Ipswich colours I hasten to add).

Blue and White day at AG - that would hurt and hit home !!

27 minutes ago, Neo said:

But this has not been mentioned prior to now? Convenient timing. I can see why the club adopted BS as it’s head company.

As if the ref complained. Hardly any card got on the pitch that day - club is sacred to death.

It is a shame that this forum does not reach our whole fan base as there would be one visual spectacle that would grab headlines everywhere if we all done it as a fan base - wear blue and white. Imagine the gate with no red and white flags, shirts etc - would be weird (Ipswich colours I hasten to add).

Blue and White day at AG - that would hurt and hit home !!

We must be thinking alike, I woke up this morning and intended to urge everyone not to wear their colours, no red and white at all, so shirts, no scarves. But your idea is great, everyone wear blue. It’s a colour we widely hate when teamed with white due to ‘that lot’. Everyone must have something blue and/or white at home to wear, so limited cost maximum impact. Can you imagine the publicity when the media dig down into the reasons a fan base chooses to wear their rivals colours ( both Gas and Ipswich) to a match.

Nothing is worse than a poorly supported protest.  Is anyone from the fan group leading this?  I see we’ve been asked for suggestions so this morning is time to bite the bullet and choose a course of action and spend the next 24 hours spreading the word.  I’d like to think a written response to JL letter goes without saying and songs about the issue will evolve spontaneously in the ground so it’s just something big, co-ordinated and visible that’s needed.  I’m hoping that fans on here would be happy to help coordinate on the day as this is our only chance to show our frustration.

5 minutes ago, General Zod said:

Nothing is worse than a poorly supported protest.  Is anyone from the fan group leading this?  I see we’ve been asked for suggestions so this morning is time to bite the bullet and choose a course of action and spend the next 24 hours spreading the word.  I’d like to think a written response to JL letter goes without saying and songs about the issue will evolve spontaneously in the ground so it’s just something big, co-ordinated and visible that’s needed.  I’m hoping that fans on here would be happy to help coordinate on the day as this is our only chance to show our frustration.

This^ completely.

The fans groups were speaking for days before JL replied and the message they fed back to us was they were organising  'What a fan protest should look like' - yet a day before the game nothing.

Shocking.

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

This^ completely.

The fans groups were speaking for days before JL replied and the message they fed back to us was they were organising  'What a fan protest should look like' - yet a day before the game nothing.

Shocking.

In fairness they probably have been organising things behind the scenes, or trying to. It looks like they have just been told they can’t use cards from what @Harrysays above so maybe that is forcing a rethink?

But I do agree time is against us and favouring the club at the moment. We need to tip the balance.

7 hours ago, Harry said:

Personally, I’m walking out on 30 minutes. 

Sneaky & Dirty, I’m Out At 30. 

How about we try and get all of S82 to walk out on a specific minute. And as many others as like in other stands can do the same. An empty corner of the SS would look good visually. Needs only to be for a minute or two. 

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

In fairness they probably have been organising things behind the scenes, or trying to. It looks like they have just been told they can’t use cards from what @Harrysays above so maybe that is forcing a rethink?

Yep. My email had several swear words in it when we were informed that. It’s cos one of the paper aeroplanes thrown hit the ref. So the football club have had to agree to no more card displays this season, or face possible action. Someone from the SC&T board has seen the email from the EFL, so we aren’t making this up. 

Everyone who is considering not renewing holds up a piece of paper with ‘I am an empty seat’ written on it at a set time, then walk out? Everybody can bring a sheet of A4 into the ground, they can’t stop that. The paper can be left on the seat at the end or even collected and given into the club to show a visual reminder of fans feelings?

This forum is becoming like Bristol City Council of a few years back......nobody can make a decision!

Someone make a decision before 10am so it can have a chance to be organised.

No colours to be worn or a walk out at a given time by a certain section/all sections  or leaving a red paper on seats or all of the above should be easy to achieve and it's cheap.

Come on OTIB, prove that we can organise a bun fight in a cake shop. Somebody decide! 

1 hour ago, 054123 said:

That’s a very good point! 

My son is only 3, so it’s not something I’ve thought about. When he turns 12, why does that suddenly increase my disposable income to enable me to pay more for that exact same person to sit in that same seat..?! 

I’d love to know the thought process behind this. 

1 minute ago, Bar BS3 said:

My son is only 3, so it’s not something I’ve thought about. When he turns 12, why does that suddenly increase my disposable income to enable me to pay more for that exact same person to sit in that same seat..?! 

To get young kids hooked, if your son is 3 and spending £200 he probably won’t make every game. You make it £50, he gets hooked and then when he’s 12 you have no real choice as he wants to Keep watching city. 

19 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Yep. My email had several swear words in it when we were informed that. It’s cos one of the paper aeroplanes thrown hit the ref. So the football club have had to agree to no more card displays this season, or face possible action. Someone from the SC&T board has seen the email from the EFL, so we aren’t making this up. 

That’s just crazy.  So if I make a paper aeroplane out of my programme, ban programs for the entire season?  The timing seems very convenient.... personally, we are always being told by the club that the ‘project’ is long term.  We don’t go big in the window because that’s not in keeping with the ‘project’ and promotion isn’t the be all and end all so I’m viewing this stage of our relationship with Bristol sport in the same way.  If we do something that as a result, impacts on the team, whilst a shame and hopefully avoidable it’s our football watching future and the bigger picture that ultimately matters not just the next few months.

36 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Pyro, planes and warnings...

And this people, is why we can't have nice protests.

35 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would think the original idea is to price the under 12 ticket at a level where you, and many others , would say it's only £50 (or whatever) I'll get it and he/she can come now and again. By the age of 12, they would have the mates/banter/ allegiances and would be wanting to go more often. I'd guess the pressure would be on parents to continue with the ST and it would be harder to stop, more revenue. The ticket is no longer a temptation to get fans in , but now a ticket for a real fan, all be it a small one that doesn't have their own income.
The amount of money of money you have wouldn't come into their sums at all.

9 hours ago, Harry said:

Well, S82 have this afternoon been advised by the Club that we are no longer permitted to use cards for any displays. 

Apparently, during the Cardiff game where we’d set these up (only to be changed by the club), some of the card was adapted into paper aeroplanes and the referee reported it and we face an FA fine if it happens again. 

Good this, innit! 

It's very convenient...

However, the club HAVE been under a bit of scrutiny from the EFL and FA and quite a bit SAG earlier in the season, so again if a rep was there from one of these bodies...it could have been reported.

I am highly doubtful about this though, and the timing- and whether you believe that it's possible is your prerogative...but I would suggest it's not impossible.

8 hours ago, Harry said:

Good this, innit! 

I don’t doubt the truth of this but the timing is very very funny.

4 minutes ago, jjcarrera1974 said:

Blue and white day - deffo the way to go - show your support, and a chorus of stand up, if you’re wearing blue and white...

‘Blue &White cos we feel Shyte’ 

How about that for a chant @Robbored :laughcont:

Archived