IGNORED

Statement from Jon Lansdown + SC&T reply

RedM

42 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Especially with all the seats freed up from people not renewing, if they are to be believed.  A mad scramble to upgrade seats.  Will the system cope?

I've emailed the club to try to get the seat move window increased. Looking at the dates, I think they want it all sorted before the Easter weekend.

Hello

Following the changes to the season ticket renewal window, the opportunity to move seats has now shrunk to only 8 hours.
I feel this is too short a window of opportunity.

With the large increases in price for some categories of season tickets, I think a lot of people will be wanting/needing to move.
Only having 8 hours on the phone lines to accomplish this seems unduly harsh on loyal season ticket holders, before allowing Members the chance to cherry pick seats.

Initially, we had 3 days to move seats - a fair amount of time.
Now we only have 8 hours!
It seems you are only doing this because of the Easter break (Fri 30th - Mon 2nd).

Please move the Members and subsequently non-members days out further.
Members to 5th April 2018.
This will then give loyal season ticket holders enough time to plan, arrange and purchase any seat moves.

Thanks

8 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Can someone from SC&T make a decision sooner rather than later so theres an opportunity for this to spread? Nothing will happen otherwise.

I know I keep saying it but we are working on an amended statement. We had one ready to go before yesterday’s announcement as the club had initially said they wouldn’t be saying anything until today. 

13 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

How is football “over priced” when the majority of clubs run at a loss..?

Basic business practice is buy your product (football players) build in your overheads, calculate your required mark up = sets/determines your products’ selling price. 

Not many businesses continue making losses year after year, with some generous bloke binging the money in to cover them. Not long term anyway. 

Is football pricey..? Yes. Is it “over priced”..? Most clubs accounts would suggest not. 

Rob, I am going to disagree with you here. If you use Supply and Demand Theory which most product firms would use then football is overpriced. Perfect supply demand would see a full stadium every week. For every week the stadium has empty seats then the price is wrong.

If the club makes a loss on the value of a full stadium then the overheads are completely wrong. The overheads are mainly players wages so we know and have known for a long time player wages are too high. For clubs to be profitable there needs to be a burst in the bubble.

11 hours ago, Olé said:

By the way why is the discussion already becoming a debate about whether this is overpricing or not. This has never primarily been an issue of the overall principle of price increases, but of cynical selective pricing engineering long term supporters into different parts or the ground. As an overall group of supporters we are not simply looking for a freebie, we are trying to defend people from being moved out of their current part of their ground.

Sorry Ole. Everyone who feels priced out be quiet, will you?

10 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

An idea on here way to have a Gif made (in the style of our famous ones for this season) with a message relating to this of some sort.

I don’t have the know how to make it myself, but it’s a super effective way of spreading the word and would definitely get traction.

It should be posted under every single @bcfctweets post. In the same way people spam Donald Trump’s tweets.

What it needs though is someone with an idea of the content and how to make it..

This is the outstanding idea I've seen and it should be done, if possible, whether instead of, or on top of any visible match day protests.

We've seen how much publicity the club's own self promotional Gifs have got, and how far they spread, so a negative one highlighting the current issues receiving similar publicity would definitely hit home.

Must be someone capable of doing it, surely?

Thanks for the # @ correction ... been on email all day ...

My post was an idea-finding one for information to inform BCSCT/FAN.

We are working 24/24 at this time as you may imagine.

There is common consensus not to affect the match which is why I placed reject against those ideas.

There will most likely be protests and quite rightly so.

Being responsible organisations BCSCT/FAN will be advising that such protests are legal, safe, respectful of all others and importantly do not affect support for the team.

A statement is due this morning.

The idea to sing "We shall not be moved" has got to be one of the best!

We can't take cards or paper into the ground then?

But they allow us to take programmes in (which they sell to us), these can easily be taken apart and made into paper planes, so will they now stop selling them?

Yeh right!   What suits them!

Isn't it Real Madrid, who when unhappy all wave white hankies to show their collective disgust?

Looks very effective when they do it.

All you need is something white (and preferably clean) in your pocket.

A hankie, piece of kitchen towel or even some toilet paper (which might show exactly what we think of their attitude towards us).

Could work?

4 minutes ago, 42nite said:

We can't take cards or paper into the ground then?

But they allow us to take programmes in (which they sell to us), these can easily be taken apart and made into paper planes, so will they now stop selling them?

Yeh right!   What suits them!

Isn't it Real Madrid, who when unhappy all wave white hankies to show their collective disgust?

Looks very effective when they do it.

All you need is something white (and preferably clean) in your pocket.

A hankie, piece of kitchen towel or even some toilet paper (which might show exactly what we think of their attitude towards us).

Could work?

Wee bit camp imo.

Forza paper planes.

250 posts in and I think the overwhelming message we could take away is that Jon Lansdown's message, far from calming matters, has actually thrown fuel on the fire.

As I've noted I have already renewed my ST.  Not because I'm happy about the increase or don't feel empathy for those forced out because of economics.  I think the way this has been brought in is disgraceful and totally uncalled for. 

My reasons are that I just couldn't imagine not watching all City home games next season at the Gate. I've watched in all divisions, stayed sane through Pulis, Osman, Lumsden etc and stayed awake (just) through the SOD era: I guess I have a high pain threshold! 

It also for me hasn't reached an economic tipping point.  I could have postponed my renewal as some have urged, but why risk being caught up in a mad rush when those wavering or making a protest all renew? I haven't got the time to spend hours on the phone or refreshing my browser over this. I knew I was renewing , so I did so shortly after they went back on sale.

HOWEVER,  I am quite willing to support some sort of protest against the increases. 

I want to sit among BIG crowds, composed from all strata of West Country society. I don't want ordinary working families priced out. That isn't how my club should operate.

I guess what I'm saying is that while I may be "alright Jack", I stand with those of you who aren't.

10 minutes ago, Blagdon Mike said:

Thanks for the # @ correction ... been on email all day ...

My post was an idea-finding one for information to inform BCSCT/FAN.

We are working 24/24 at this time as you may imagine.

There is common consensus not to affect the match which is why I placed reject against those ideas.

There will most likely be protests and quite rightly so.

Being responsible organisations BCSCT/FAN will be advising that such protests are legal, safe, respectful of all others and importantly do not affect support for the team.

A statement is due this morning.

The idea to sing "We shall not be moved" has got to be one of the best!

A well known protest song but hardly going to attract any publicity is it, and publicity is what the club doesn’t want. I still think wearing blue and white to visually show our disgust and a walkout will have more impact personally

20 hours ago, RedM said:

STATEMENT ON SEASON CARDS 2018/19

THURSDAY, MARCH 15TH 2018

Statement from Jon Lansdown, chairman of Bristol Sport and vice-chairman of Bristol City FC.

Following on from the joint Supporters Club & Trust/FAN meeting last Wednesday, we agreed to take away and review three key items; the renewal deadline, disabled pricing and the new loyalty scheme. We have now had a chance to digest and debate the key points raised from the interaction that we have had with fans, which has prompted robust internal debate and consideration.

Whilst it is correct that pricing and long-term strategy has to be led by Bristol City FC and Bristol Sport together, it would be wrong for us to not listen and consider other options when presented with the strength of feeling that has been evident. I would hope that this is recognised as a strong signal from us that we do value supporters’ views. 

The strategy behind the pricing structure for the 2018/19 campaign was in recognition that we are one of the lower priced clubs in the Sky Bet Championship, with a brand new rebuilt stadium and facilities better than many in the Premier League. The 2018/19 prices still place us as one of the best value clubs in the division. 

We accept the price rises have meant that some fans have raised concerns over being priced out of traditional seats and the deadline for purchase. Prices have been largely frozen for the past few years, while the £50 Under-12 season card – with a free replica shirt – has helped grow our younger fanbase. 

We also appreciate that many of you sat in specific locations with family or friends in the old Ashton Gate and this has very much been part of the matchday enjoyment. We want Ashton Gate to be welcoming to families and to encourage the younger generation of supporters. That is the thinking behind us investing in a new Family Area in the upper Lansdown Stand, where kids have lots of fun before, during and after the game in the specially adapted concourse, whilst enjoying some of the best views on offer. We want to encourage families to use this dedicated space and that is why we have set the pricing to attract parents and children up here.

We have invested nearly £50m in the rebuild project and it has resulted in the city finally having a stadium it can be proud of. The rebuild has also provided the local area with a huge economic boost, with more than 1,000 local people securing work at the stadium on matchdays. It has been a spark for economic regeneration in an area of the city which has traditionally been overlooked. 

With reference to the expressed desire for an extension to the renewal deadline, we accept it would be beneficial for all supporters to have at least one pay day within the season card renewal window so we have agreed to extend it until midday on Thursday, March 29th. 

There is also the Pay Monthly* scheme – which remains available throughout the advanced sales period, with the first payment not due until May 1st, followed by nine further monthly payments. 

Subsequently, the special seat move window will run exclusively on the phone lines from midday until 8pm on March 29th. Members will then get the chance to purchase, before general sale begins at 10am on Wednesday, April 4th. The advanced sales period will still end on April 13th.

On the subject of disabled pricing, I want to take this opportunity to explain the rationale behind the changes we have made. The majority of Championship clubs have moved to offer disabled supporters pricing in line with the age categories for all supporters, in-keeping with guidelines set out by Level Playing Field. This is something Bristol City FC already offered for matchday tickets and now we have applied the same pricing structure for season cards. 

We acknowledge that for some disabled supporters this has caused great difficulty.  We should have considered this more fully and communicated it better. With this in mind we have now agreed to phase in the pricing over the next three seasons.

For the 2018/19 season disabled (adult) fans will be able to purchase a season card with a 15 per cent discount off the Advanced full adult price. Any disabled adult who has already purchased/renewed will be contacted by Supporter Services for a 15 per cent refund. 

For the 2019/20 season adult disabled supporters will be entitled to a ten per cent discount on the equivalent adult price and for the 2020/21 campaign a five per cent discount will apply. The following year will see disabled pricing brought in line with full adults and current matchday pricing. 

I would like to underline that Supporter Services will continue to work with every individual disabled supporter to meet their specific needs and ensure that they enjoy the best matchday experience possible. Following the significant investment, Ashton Gate has some of the best disabled supporter facilities in the country. We will strive to continually improve these, as well as working hard in the community to support disability programmes and promote sporting inclusion for all.

Finally, with regards to the introduction of our new loyalty scheme we will be announcing full details over the summer, ahead of the 2018/19 campaign. However, I think it’s important to clarify now that season card holders will be entitled to a ten per cent discount on all food and beverages purchased in the concourse, coffee shop and hospitality areas, alongside earning loyalty in other areas, including the Store at Ashton Gate. 

You will also still benefit from £5 off for CATS travel in 2018/19, away and cup ticket priority, two £10 guest tickets, free entry to Under-23 matches and a free ticket for selected Bristol Rugby fixtures.

Thanks to all of our supporters who have already renewed their seat for the 2018/19 campaign and I look forward to seeing you on Saturday, where we can cheer on the team against Ipswich Town. Your support will play a huge part over the remaining nine regular season games, so enjoy them and let’s see where they can take us together.

Jon Lansdown

* £25 fee applies (max of four season cards per Pay Monthly application)

Mealy mouthed rubbish.....all the skills of a third rate politician.

It worrys me that this out of touch suit will one day be in complete control of this club.

If brains were dynamite there wouldn't be enough to blow his hat off..

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

A well known protest song but hardly going to attract any publicity is it, and publicity is what the club doesn’t want. I still think wearing blue and white to visually show our disgust and a walkout will have more impact personally

I would rather fist myself than wear blue and white at city. 

11 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Absolutely my view. 

I didn’t get hooked on football and City in particular, from the back of the Dolman. 

It was in the Eastend, with the atmosphere, close to the action, feeling involved. The view was secondary. 

It’s now I’m older and already hooked, that higher in the Dolman, in a less rowdy surrounding, where we can chat and discuss the game appeals. 

If i’d have been in the Upper Lansdown as a youngster, I don’t think I’d have found the whole experience as irresistible. 

Even the football was probably secondary to the atmosphere and feeling part of the crowd to me.

I still remember the day as a 11/12 year old when I got in the EE - on my own btw. - early enough to grab a space on the front railings right in the middle, with the goal a few feet away and all the noise right behind me - what an atmosphere and a fantastic experience.

The club have got it 100% wrong thinking children want to be shoved up in the God's in a special section away from the action with namby pamby face painting etc.

They want to be close to the action, in the middle of the noise, feeling part of the atmosphere and joining in, and preferably with a group of friends so they can let themselves go a bit, not shoved up out the way chaperoned under the beady and probably disapproving eye of their parents or a teacher.

BS really haven't got a clue.

7 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I would rather fist myself than wear blue and white at city. 

Exactly. That’s the whole point. It’s never something we would normally consider but to protest needs must.

4 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Even the football was probably secondary to the atmosphere and feeling part of the crowd to me.

I still remember the day as a 11/12 year old when I got in the EE - on my own btw. - early enough to grab a space on the front railings right in the middle, with the goal a few feet away and all the noise right behind me - what an atmosphere and a fantastic experience.

The club have got it 100% wrong thinking children want to be shoved up in the God's in a special section away from the action with namby pamby face painting etc.

They want to be close to the action, in the middle of the noise, feeling part of the atmosphere and joining in, and preferably with a group of friends so they can let themselves go a bit, not shoved up out the way chaperoned under the beady and probably disapproving eye of their parents or a teacher.

BS really haven't got a clue.

Bit conspiracy theory this mind, but it's almost as though BS are breeding "customers" for the future. If kids aren't experiencing the more raucous sections of the ground, then they aren't going to think of it in the same we that we do. They'll see the quiet, sanitised, unintimidating Ashton Gate as the norm, and be less willing to run its aid when it comes to protecting the brilliant atmospheres we used to have.

When I was 11 there is no way in hell I'd want to be up the back of the Williams.

I've said this on here before, but Jon Lansdown et al have shown how little of a clue they've got when it comes to being a football fan.

6 minutes ago, Can't stand me now said:

Please let ditch this blue & white idea - I'm all for protesting but lets not embarrass ourselves by dressing like a bunch of gypos 

Fair enough. I just tried to suggest something that was legal and do able and would attract publicity. I was never suggesting wearing blue and white quarters, let’s be clear on this. I can’t belive none of you don’t own a blue item of clothing that you wear on non match days without a thought. 

I’m done. Happy to listen to other suggestions from the negative people.

I’m walking out on 30 minutes and I will go and get a drink at one of the stalls outside the ground. The chaps of Section 82 are all doing so too. We ask as many of you as are inclined, to join us  

Some may think this affects the team. I don’t. 

If you are behind it, leave with me on 30 minutes. It’s only a 15 minute protest, you can go back in for the 2nd half. Hopefully this will be enough to not affect the team but to also be enough of a visible statement. 

Sneaky & Dirty - I’m out at 30. 

Tell you what, let's do nothing at all.

Ample time has been afforded for the fan groups to agree a protest/approach in advance of match day and so far, all we have is 'we are working on a statement' - communication by committee is never going to be quick or effective.

I will be amazed (and delighted) if a coordinated stadium response is in place by 3pm Saturday.

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’m walking out on 30 minutes and I will go and get a drink at one of the stalls outside the ground. The chaps of Section 82 are all doing so too. We ask as many of you as are inclined, to join us  

Some may think this affects the team. I don’t. 

If you are behind it, leave with me on 30 minutes. It’s only a 15 minute protest, you can go back in for the 2nd half. Hopefully this will be enough to not affect the team but to also be enough of a visible statement. 

Sneaky & Dirty - I’m out at 30. 

Well done Harry - decisiveness. 

I'll be out on 30.

2 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Bit conspiracy theory this mind, but it's almost as though BS are breeding "customers" for the future. If kids aren't experiencing the more raucous sections of the ground, then they aren't going to think of it in the same we that we do. They'll see the quiet, sanitised, unintimidating Ashton Gate as the norm, and be less willing to run its aid when it comes to protecting the brilliant atmospheres we used to have.

When I was 11 there is no way in hell I'd want to be up the back of the Williams.

I've said this on here before, but Jon Lansdown et al have shown how little of a clue they've got when it comes to being a football fan.

I wouldn't have gone and would never have got hooked.

Young fans want to be as close as possible to the action and atmosphere, not in a special rarified location the maximum distance away they could possibly be.

Put the first couple of rows all the way round the ground aside for youngsters.

The other thing is, when did it become necessary for children to be accompanied by an adult to gain entry to the ground, and why?

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Tell you what, let's do nothing at all.

Ample time has been afforded for the fan groups to agree a protest/approach in advance of match day and so far, all we have is 'we are working on a statement' - communication by committee is never going to be quick or effective.

I will be amazed (and delighted) if a coordinated stadium response is in place by 3pm Saturday.

The club reading this will realise fans haven’t got their act together and think they are likely to get a statement from the fan groups at some point. They will be expecting a walk out at several different points tomorrow and possible sales in the concessions will be down. They will know there will be no cards held up. This isn’t going to generate any publicity so they will be happy with this.

All they have to do when they receive the statement is say they will respond in a few days or say they aren’t commenting further as it was all in the JL statement.

Cram into the Sports Bar, but don't buy a thing.

Throng the concourse, queue in your hundreds, have a chat with the student serving, but don't buy a thing. 

Pack the club shop, so no one can get in, and don't buy a thing.

Be a nice, gentle, unthreatening, nuisance. Disrupt, but not destroy. Maintain a sense of humour. Gather in your thousands, and sing.

But don't buy a thing.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

The club reading this will realise fans haven’t got their act together and think they are likely to get a statement from the fan groups at some point. They will be expecting a walk out at several different points tomorrow and possible sales in the concessions will be down. They will know there will be no cards held up. This isn’t going to generate any publicity so they will be happy with this.

All they have to do when they receive the statement is say they will respond in a few days or say they aren’t commenting further as it was all in the JL statement.

Exactly.

Sad to say that the lack of organisation on the supporter side is as poor as the response from the club.

Archived