IGNORED

Statement from Jon Lansdown + SC&T reply

RedM

1 hour ago, poland_exile said:

Sneaky & Diry: I'm out at 30 (but then coming back after I've had a pint)

Honestly, that's the most ridiculous protest I've ever heard of. Totally ineffectual and counter-productive. And you know what, considering the numbers of people who go for their piss / pie / pint a few minutes later,  I doubt it'll even register.

If you feel strongly about it, hit them where it hurts - don't renew, boycott matches. a walk-out staged a few minutes before everyone walks out anyway just looks daft.  

I have to agree, im not a fan of walkouts during the game personally, but thats just my opinion. Empty seats or lack of renewals will make a much bigger impact. Each to there own.

8 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

it would get a lot more support and would have more weight in it, if the SC&T officially supported it and publicised it. It's great that the chair/deputy and other support it, then they should officaly support it.

Probably because there will be a backlash from Jon Lansdown if they did take the lead, gotta think about the consequences. Thats why I hope it is not just S82 but also those in the dolman and Lansdown to also walk out at 30 minutes, don't leave it to just one group to do it, every one has got to take part.

Also it is not just about going out for a drink either as someone else has mentioned, you are just throwing more money at them that they wouldn't have got without the walk out, defeats the purpose... 

2 hours ago, Robin TBW said:

I really don't get the outcry here.

What is it about disabled fans that mean they should pay less than everyone else?

When you think that the most a disabled person gets probably less than £1000 a month to go on absolutely everything (including disability equipment/car/fuel for appointments as well as regular household bills), there is pretty much nowt left.

It's even worse for a carer.

I can't remember properly the fella's name on here (Andy something maybe? Apologies if I'm wrong) but he is the father to disabled twins. He is also their carer. City on a Saturday for him is his break from responsibility. His time to relax and not worry. His time to re-charge his batteries for the week ahead.

Now, he won't go because of this corporate bollocks that has spouted and how people are being treated.

This is an absolute disgrace and I for one will continue to fight for him as well as others.

14 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

This is an absolute disgrace and I for one will continue to fight for him as well as others

Good for you,pensioner myself but would chip in to anything the SC&T get together for those affected by this thoughtless action....people first.

57 minutes ago, Threshing Red said:

Probably because there will be a backlash from Jon Lansdown if they did take the lead, gotta think about the consequences. Thats why I hope it is not just S82 but also those in the dolman and Lansdown to also walk out at 30 minutes, don't leave it to just one group to do it, every one has got to take part.

Also it is not just about going out for a drink either as someone else has mentioned, you are just throwing more money at them that they wouldn't have got without the walk out, defeats the purpose... 

Out on to the concourse, queue up for the food and beer, get to the front, chat to the young server, buy nothing, say "good afternoon," return to the back of the queue. Repeat....

34 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Oh, the SC and T have stated this will be a "peaceful" protest so the players will not be affected.

So who's fibbing?

Last I checked noise wasn't violent.

Be very surprised if the players give a toss.

1 minute ago, Galley is our king said:

No but noise is distracting and that's my point.

They don't seem distracted when we chant at other points in the game.

They aren't distracted away from home when the opposition chant.

Do you sit in the Lansdown by any chance?

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

Sneaky & Diry: I'm out at 30 (but then coming back after I've had a pint)

Honestly, that's the most ridiculous protest I've ever heard of. Totally ineffectual and counter-productive. And you know what, considering the numbers of people who go for their piss / pie / pint a few minutes later,  I doubt it'll even register.

If you feel strongly about it, hit them where it hurts - don't renew, boycott matches. a walk-out staged a few minutes before everyone walks out anyway just looks daft.  

It is well intentioned but I do tend to agree with you. Only way to make a point is to stay away, or at the very least do NOT spend money at any outlet.

1 minute ago, Loon plage said:

It is well intentioned but I do tend to agree with you. Only way to make a point is to stay away, or at the very least do NOT spend money at any outlet.

It's a gutter. I didn't mean to piss on anyone's bonfire by being so pessimistic, but half-arsed actions won't - unless i'm very much mistaken - change anything. Good luck to all, but the way i see it only hardcore protests will prompt change. 

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

They don't seem distracted when we chant at other points in the game.

They aren't distracted away from home when the opposition chant.

Do you sit in the Lansdown by any chance?

:laugh: does where I sit have any relevance at all?

What, unless everybody agrees with you they must be some old fart that sits in the Lansdown?

Actually I am an old fart that sits in the south stand, who always sings and loves the atmosphere there.

Does this now qualify me to have a different opinion to you?

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

Thats why I hope it is not just S82 but also those in the dolman and Lansdown to also walk out at 30 minutes, don't leave it to just one group to do it, every one has got to take part.

I'm in Dolman "C" Block.  I'll be walking out on 30 minutes. . . 

And again on 80 minutes. I thank you.  

11 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

:laugh: does where I sit have any relevance at all?

What, unless everybody agrees with you they must be some old fart that sits in the Lansdown?

Actually I am an old fart that sits in the south stand, who always sings and loves the atmosphere there.

Does this now qualify me to have a different opinion to you?

Well done on evading the question and taking umbrage at a joke.

Looks like it's not happening now either way.

2 hours ago, poland_exile said:

It's a gutter. I didn't mean to piss on anyone's bonfire by being so pessimistic, but half-arsed actions won't - unless i'm very much mistaken - change anything. Good luck to all, but the way i see it only hardcore protests will prompt change. 

I agree with you mate its a shame and may simply give the impression that City fans are as effective as Cardiffs when they get shat upon

Food and drink to Lansdown/BS.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Well done on evading the question and taking umbrage at a joke.

Looks like it's not happening now either way.

Sorry been away picking up my pension :clapping:

I understand that it has been cancelled but am unhappy this has happened because of personal abuse. You, me and thousands of us are passionate city fans who may share different views but there is no room for this.

Should it have been anyone on here they should be named and shamed.

Passionate committed supporters are vital and agree or not I sincerely hope we have not lost one today!

26 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

I agree with you mate its a shame and may simply give the impression that City fans are as effective as Cardiffs when they get shat upon

Food and drink to Lansdown/BS.

They haven't changed the kit to blue. They've put some prices up, for some folks. And not some other folks. Not quite the same

It’s a simple matter of can’t pay won’t pay. Swear this sort of thing has been discussed before and you see no different. Where people move on, others always tend to come along and it just so happens to near enough correlate with our current whereabouts in league & performance.

All a bit ‘meh’ really.

16 hours ago, Wilksi said:

it would get a lot more support and would have more weight in it, if the SC&T officially supported it and publicised it. It's great that the chair/deputy and other support it, then they should officaly support it.

Think SC & T are probably between a rock and a hard place ( though not as much as @Matt Parsons BCFCSLO). They need to express the anger of the fans whilst keeping open a door for future discussions. 

Reading between the lines, maybe incorrectly, perhaps they had word that other ideas they had to replace the red card protest would attract action from the stewards and so could not be progressed. The walk out has been scrapped but that does not stop others coming up with an alternative. @Harry is to be commended for actually trying to progress an idea - others need to step up. 

Archived