IGNORED

Well done Joe and Lloyd

Jerseybean

5 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Get the feeling both are going to be very good players. Getting in to your country's international youth side is no mean feat. 

You may well be right, however it's the next step that is the hardest one - getting established in a Championship or PL team.

I saw a stat a few months back on the number of lads that played U21 for their country but within three years were playing non league .

If I recall correctly it was over 10% which surprised me.

23 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

You may well be right, however it's the next step that is the hardest one - getting established in a Championship or PL team.

I saw a stat a few months back on the number of lads that played U21 for their country but within three years were playing non league .

If I recall correctly it was over 10% which surprised me.

Sometimes kids just can’t be bothered 

13 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

They were probably going too, until they realised their only other option would be England..! 

Sad but true.

The prospect of working with Ryan Giggs as opposed to Gareth Southgate, fans who are slightly more forgiving , a team who have done better than England in the most recent tournament and a genuine route to the first team - it's not such a bad option. How times have changed.

2 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Sad but true.

The prospect of working with Ryan Giggs as opposed to Gareth Southgate, fans who are slightly more forgiving , a team who have done better than England in the most recent tournament and a genuine route to the first team - it's not such a bad option. How times have changed.

I thought our young age teams had done well recently if only the senior team had been half as successful.

Archived