IGNORED

England squad v Netherlands & Italy

Bryans Left Peg

Can anybody remember having such a weak England side?

I'd like to see players actually playing based on form rather than Wilshere, Welbeck, Rose, Lallana, Livermore etc.

My team would be (with the WC in mind) - Pickford, Walker, Tarkowski, Maguire, Bertrand, Dier, Henderson, Sterling, Rashford, Alli, Vardy (4-2-3-1)

Don't think Dier and Henderson should be picked on form either but out of the list, can't see anybody else who can suit the 'DM' role as effectively.

England squad to face the Netherlands and Italy

Goalkeepers: Joe Hart, Jack Butland, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand, Danny Rose, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Joe Gomez, James Tarkowski, Alfie Mawson, Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier

Midfielders: Ashley Young, Eric Dier, Lewis Cook, Jake Livermore, Jordan Henderson, Jack Wilshere, Adam Lallana, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Forwards: Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard, Dele Alli, Danny Welbeck, Jamie Vardy

4 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

I'd like to see players actually playing based on form rather than Wilshere, Welbeck, Rose, Lallana, Livermore etc.

My team would be (with the WC in mind) - Pickford, Walker, Tarkowski, Maguire, Bertrand, Dier, Henderson, Sterling, Rashford, Alli, Vardy (4-2-3-1)

Don't think Dier and Henderson should be picked on form either but out of the list, can't see anybody else who can suit the 'DM' role as effectively.

Defenders: Ryan Bertrand, Danny Rose, Harry Maguire, John Stones, Joe Gomez, James Tarkowski, Alfie Mawson, Kyle Walker, Kieran Trippier

Midfielders: Ashley Young, Eric Dier, Lewis Cook, Jake Livermore, Jordan Henderson, Jack Wilshere, Adam Lallana, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Forwards: Raheem Sterling, Marcus Rashford, Jesse Lingard, Dele Alli, Danny Welbeck, Jamie Vardy

Why the **** is Joe Hart going.

Tell you what it's a right far cry from trying to accommodate Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard in the side.

It truly is a shambolic set up and squad.

Lallana has barely kicked a ball for 4 months.

Livermore is a poor midfielder in the worst Prem team.

Welbeck has been garbage for years.

Joe Hart has been accomodated for when he simply is awful.

Joe Gomez - I mean seriously?

I am truly stunned Lascelles has been overlooked, check his stats this season for Newcastle - he is a rock. Shelvey is also better than Livermore. 

England have NO CHANCE. Southgate is another FA yes man.

11 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

Henderson and Dier in midfield :shutup:

When fit Wilshere is our best central midfielder and the only midfielder England have who could control a game. That's why he's in and why I hope he starts ahead of Henderson.

Honestly think Wilshere is a completely overrated footballer. Absolute fraud of a footballer who was playing above his level at Bournemouth. Astonishing that he even has one cap for England, let alone keeps being selected.

163 club appearances in 10 years. Yet has 34 for England?? 

57 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

Why the **** is Joe Hart going.

Tell you what it's a right far cry from trying to accommodate Scholes, Gerrard and Lampard in the side.

Saved me typing anything. Should never have got in a squad after Iceland.

13 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

I am truly stunned Lascelles has been overlooked, check his stats this season for Newcastle - he is a rock. Shelvey is also better than Livermore. 

Have to say, I'm with you BA14 RED.  I've said before, if Jake Livermore is the answer, what on earth is the question?  Baffling.  You kinda wouldn't mind if he's been ripping it up with top class performances in a dreadful team but he hasn't.

Joe Hart?  Really?  Why?  Surely we know he's crap.  Not needed, otherwise, keepers OK.  I can't believe Lascelles hasn't been picked, he deserves a go.   A leader.

Otherwise, underwhelming.  Yawn.

22 minutes ago, BA14 RED said:

Agree with all of that, would also add:

Rose - 6 appearances this season

Oxlaide-Chamberlain - Mostly sub appearances, would say he's been underwhelming for Liverpool.

Wilshere - Just **** off. Absolutely shite.

Would've liked to see Sessegnon, Lascelles, Mee and even Glenn Murray who deserved a call up a hell of a lot more than Welbeck based on form (or even ability).

Southgate needs to be brave and blood the young kids in the summer. Mateland-Niles for Arsenal should walk into that England side. Maybe the best English prospect I’ve seen for ages. 

Gomez is gonna be hell of player as well, don’t see how people have a got a problem with him, his natural position is central not right. Why not bring foden and the kid from Dortmund in as well, can’t do any harm for them to experience the tournament, rather than journeymen like Livermore, wtf is he doing anywhere near the side!

Sorry but that Joe Gomez is no where near as good as Jamaal Lascelles - we lack clear leadership which he has and is the main reason Newcastle have won many points this season. Another moan is Southgate has overlooked Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund, too. 

I literally am really fed up with Southgate and England. 

I'd honestly have

Johnstone in for Hart

Sessengnon in for Lallana

Joe in for Danny Rose

Morrison in for Gomez

Maddison in for Livermore

Reid in for Welbeck

Give some Championship players a go, they are going to give much more for the shirt than those overpaid lot who get about 10 club games a season but still get in our national side. Even if they don't play it'll do them the world of good and gain Southgate the respect of the English public

1 hour ago, JBFC II said:

I'd honestly have

Johnstone in for Hart

Joe in for Danny Rose

Morrison in for Gomez

Reid in for Welbeck

Give some Championship players a go, they are going to give much more for the shirt than those overpaid lot who get about 10 club games a season but still get in our national side. Even if they don't play it'll do them the world of good and gain Southgate the respect of the English public

Would bloody love that. Gunn at Norwich deserves a shout too!

4 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Worst England squad in decades. Our window to win a tournament closed years ago, we haven’t got a chance now IMO.

2 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Sorry but that Joe Gomez is no where near as good as Jamaal Lascelles - we lack clear leadership which he has and is the main reason Newcastle have won many points this season. Another moan is Southgate has overlooked Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund, too. 

Jadon Sancho over that waster Jack Wilshere all day long.

4 hours ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Christ. That midfield!!!!!

Woeful.

Looking at that squad, I should have arranged my Summer holidays to take place during the tournament rather than around it. 

2 hours ago, JBFC II said:

I'd honestly have

Johnstone in for Hart

Joe in for Danny Rose

Morrison in for Gomez

Reid in for Welbeck

Apart from Lallana and Gomez I wouldn't disagree.  

3 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Literally fed up.  Lozzers

2 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Who should've been picked then???

Goalkeepers: Butland, Pickford, Pope

Defenders: Bertrand, Sessegnon, Maguire, Tarkowski, Stones, Mee, Lascelles, Walker, Alexander-Arnold

Midfielders: Dier, Henderson, Cook, Shelvey, Redmond, Young, Ox, Albrighton

Forwards: Vardy, Murray, Rashford, Sterling, Alli, Lingard and our very own Bobby Reid (joke)

Let’s be honest, we’ve had some of the worlds best players in the team all at once before and it’s not worked out for us.  

I actually don’t think the players we have currently are that bad, the starting 11 will certainly be strong, we just lack a bit of depth. 

This squad looks a lot worse because it’s 27 and not the usual 23 you see get called up, it’s an extra 4 mediocre players who normally wouldn’t be there. 

The squad id take to the World Cup would be.

Pope, Pickford, Butland

Walker, Clyne, Jones, Stones, Maguire, Tarkowski/Cahill, Rose, Delph. 

Alli, Wilshere, Henderson, Oxlade Chamberlain, Lingard, Dier, Lallana

Sterling, Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Calvert Lewin

12 hours ago, BA14 RED said:

Was very good against Brazil and Germany. 

Archived