IGNORED

Protest Vs Ipswich - Sneaky & Dirty - I’m Out At 30

Harry

In light of the frankly arrogant, patronising and unsympathetic response from Jon Lansdown on the matter of the price increases which most affect families, the elderly and the disabled, we need to show solidarity as a whole fanbase to protect our fans of the future and our fathers & grandfathers of long and loyal standing. 

Section 82 were planning a card display with a protest theme, but we are now advised that no card displays are allowed due to the FA warning after paper aeroplanes were launched at the Cardiff match in November. 

Whilst some may disagree, we must make a visible statement and we believe the best way to do this is a mass walkout. This will be a 15 minute protest. 

I’m walking out on 30 minutes and I will go and get a drink at one of the stalls outside the ground. The chaps of Section 82 are all doing so too. We ask as many of you as are inclined, to join us  

Some may think this affects the team. I don’t. 

If you are behind it, leave with me on 30 minutes. It’s only a 15 minute protest, you can go back in for the 2nd half. Hopefully this will be enough to not affect the team but to also be enough of a visible statement. 

Sneaky & Dirty - I’m out at 30. 

Solidarity. Fans not customers. 

So F Off Bristol Sport, you need our support, we say no no no. 

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assume someone is going to promote this somewhere other than just on here?

If the supporter groups like this idea they might well distribute leaflets with the argument, response and action as people make their way to the stadium.

The more people are informed the more likely people from all stands will join in.

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Assume someone is going to promote this somewhere other than just on here?

S82 Twitter will be done soon. Facebook too. 

But it’s up to EVERYONE to promote it. Tell everyone you know. Word must spread naturally not just through social media. Get talking to your friends, message everyone on your contacts. Grow it. We are all responsible. 

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

If the supporter groups like this idea they might well distribute leaflets with the argument, response and action as people make their way to the stadium.

The more people are informed the more likely people from all stands will join in.

Been trying to get something done on this kind of theme but time is against us as we are all working 

@Jack Dawe (I think) said something on the SC&T thread that I thought would make an excellent addition to this.

Be disruptive, but peaceful. Pack out the sports bar and buy nothing, clog up the concourse concessions, get the club nervous.

I want to see JL thoroughly rustled.

21 minutes ago, Harry said:

In light of the frankly arrogant, patronising and unsympathetic response from Jon Lansdown on the matter of the price increases which most affect families, the elderly and the disabled, we need to show solidarity as a whole fanbase to protect our fans of the future and our fathers & grandfathers of long and loyal standing. 

Section 82 were planning a card display with a protest theme, but we are now advised that no card displays are allowed due to the FA warning after paper aeroplanes were launched at the Cardiff match in November. 

Whilst some may disagree, we must make a visible statement and we believe the best way to do this is a mass walkout. This will be a 15 minute protest. 

I’m walking out on 30 minutes and I will go and get a drink at one of the stalls outside the ground. The chaps of Section 82 are all doing so too. We ask as many of you as are inclined, to join us  

If you are behind it, leave with me on 30 minutes. It’s only a 15 minute protest, you can go back in for the 2nd half. Hopefully this will be enough to not affect the team but to also be enough of a visible statement. 

Fair play Harry. We have been left little other option and this is a proportionate response that shows we won't just roll over.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Harry said:

S82 Twitter will be done soon. Facebook too. 

But it’s up to EVERYONE to promote it. Tell everyone you know. Word must spread naturally not just through social media. Get talking to your friends, message everyone on your contacts. Grow it. We are all responsible. 

I've put it on the Ziderheads site

The worst thing is the club will play on the weakness of the larger situation. They know its murder to get out of a mid-row of the Dolman at any point, especially in the back rows where we sit.

I am fully behind the walk out as I think the increases, the deadline and most of all the attitude of the club's higher ups are appalling. However as a Dad who takes his 6 year old to the game he wants to get a drink, or a snack, or go to the loo at some points and so a packed concourse could be an issue with that. I wouldn't be surprised if the club get wind of these excellent, well thought out and peaceful plans and have more stewards etc on hand to "move people on" using my type of situation as cover for it. Frankly I'll take snacks etc with me tomorrow so I don't have to worry but they'll spin this and make out that they're helping "families and disabled fans to be able to enjoy the facilities" type thing.

For my boy's sake I hope its not a toxic atmosphere tomorrow as he wouldn't get it but from a fan of 30 years perspective I'm all for "The Board" knowing exactly how we all feel, I just can't help but think that the Spin Machine will be in full effect during and after tomorrow's game putting any inconveniences caused, or lack of atmosphere, or even poor result back on us as fans rather than taking the required long, hard look at themselves and the situation.

17 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

@Jack Dawe (I think) said something on the SC&T thread that I thought would make an excellent addition to this.

Be disruptive, but peaceful. Pack out the sports bar and buy nothing, clog up the concourse concessions, get the club nervous.

I want to see JL thoroughly rustled.

Yep. Spend fuckall if you're going folks.

1 minute ago, gordie said:

My concern is that not enough will know what is going to make an impression, yes it's good it's on here Facebook etc but will that be widespread enough, guess we will find out tomorrow.

As Harry says, its up to everyone to spread it now. Tell everyone you can, it's on us to make this successful.

Given the limited amount of time to organise communication, would it be possible that someone writes a statement explaining;

The complaint

The contemptible response from the club

The planned action.

If there is a concise statement, maybe individually people could home (or work print) as many copies as they can (might be one copy, might be 100) and then for fans to distribute these in the pubs before the game and around the concoure when in the stadium.

As long as they all read the same there won't be any confusion.

50 minutes ago, Harry said:

@Dollymarie @Blagdon red Worth putting comma out saying you are in support of this peaceful protest and advise all members/fans to also take up this protest? 

2 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

I would say it is worth contacting twentystone and other reporters on twitter etc asking them to pick up on this and publish this so more people are aware of it before the game tomorrow. 

Can you do this please Wilksi? 

Its up to all of us to make this work, not just one or two people 

7 minutes ago, Wilksi said:

I would say it is worth contacting twentystone and other reporters on twitter etc asking them to pick up on this and publish this so more people are aware of it before the game tomorrow. 

Bristol Post?

The only way to spread the word on this away from Social media is to copy & paste Harry’s OP and text/send it to everyone you know on your contacts list who might be going tomorrow, or anyone that might know someone who is. 

Archived