IGNORED

Protest Vs Ipswich - Sneaky & Dirty - I’m Out At 30

Harry

2 minutes ago, EssexTractor said:

Sorry for butting in but I’ve taken a look at your season ticket prices and I can’t see an issue with them? You’ve been progressing nicely with facilities and on pitch funding. I can’t see the issue with your prices when you compare to ours! We had our already ridiculously high tickets increased with inflation last year after our worst season in 60 years and the OAP band increased from 60 to 65. 

They dramatically increased disabled and kids prices then gave us three weeks to renew when few have saved up yet as its normally April or May. Most don't think they are too high (I think they are way too high, as are yours) but you can't force people into making a big purchase with such short notice, especially if your disability doesn't allow you to work or work for a higher wage.

1 minute ago, EssexTractor said:

Sorry for butting in but I’ve taken a look at your season ticket prices and I can’t see an issue with them? You’ve been progressing nicely with facilities and on pitch funding. I can’t see the issue with your prices when you compare to ours! We had our already ridiculously high tickets increased with inflation last year after our worst season in 60 years and the OAP band increased from 60 to 65. 

I'll refer you to the other threads on the topic. It is 100% an issue.

The club/Bristol Sport (the organisation that presides over all Bristolian sporting teams that matter) have increased the prices in certain areas for children in an effort to force them in to a more sanitised location, increased prices in most areas way above the rate of inflation, and massively upped the cost for the disabled.

They've tried to tear apart communities that have formed in certain stands as a means to squeeze more money out of daytrippers. They have no idea what it is to be a football fan, no notion of the community that forms.

Give me the "old Ashton Gate" and cheap STs over the new Ashton Gate and the cynical social engineering that our owners are employing any day.

12 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

So you just want him pumping his own money in and bailing us out every year. Lansdown has said more than once he wants us to be self sufficient, we haven’t had a rise in season tickets for many years, if you want us to be competitive in the market we need to make money  

We won't make money. We can't make money. Not unless we have a squad who cost about as much as Yeovil's.

Clubs make money temporarily by selling their best players, but that isn't a long-term sustainable way to success and just cannot be followed over every season.

Only megaclub franchises with massive merch sales outside the UK, or tiny local clubs set up to run at a "break-even but never get anywhere" basis actually don't post losses.

Basically nearly all clubs have to be heavily subsidised by multi-millionaires or billionaires. Football will stay like that until the issue of players wages and agents fees is addressed.

I expect prices to rise, but not some of the huge increases that have been quoted. Guys like me with children seem particularly hit. Don't they want younger supporters to start following the club?  The average age at matches is bloody high as it is. If we don't interest kids, City will die out eventually.

When we're in an Old Trafford situation and there is a waiting list for seats, then maybe such rises can be justified. Not now.

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

It's not just a financial issue it's the club acting with no morals. 

Breaking up family tradition to move people to certain parts of the ground.

Is that the only issue? Moving to different parts of the ground? We had that last year, all family areas put in one stand and forcing those already in areas that are now family ones to leave their seats. 

This article with former town employees shows why we should be protesting yet we’re too placid! And then mick says we’re a disgrace for shouting a bit on Tuesday 

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1112

3 minutes ago, EssexTractor said:

Is that the only issue? Moving to different parts of the ground? We had that last year, all family areas put in one stand and forcing those already in areas that are now family ones to leave their seats. 

This article with former town employees shows why we should be protesting yet we’re too placid! And then mick says we’re a disgrace for shouting a bit on Tuesday 

http://turnstileblues.co.uk/blog.aspx?nid=1112

The only issue? I've made friends etc over the last 19 years in those seats, that's a big issue and I'm not having it.

24 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

That’s not true sorry. My season ticket last season to this went up £50. Others in other areas had a much smaller increase but they still went up. 

I have made the point in the other thread this is the first time in three years my Season Ticket as a wheelchair user in A10 Dolman Wings has increased in price.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

I have made the point in the other thread this is the first time in three years my Season Ticket as a wheelchair user in A10 Dolman Wings has increased in price.

Dave please understand it's not just a financial issue. The club are morally bankrupt in the handling of next seasons  season ticket prices/ locations.

Breaking up family tradition has cost them nothing. It's caused arguments in my house with my dad etc because he didn't want to move.

All because of the club having no morals.

1 minute ago, Spoons said:

Dave please understand it's not just a financial issue. The club are morally bankrupt in the handling of next seasons  season ticket prices/ locations.

Breaking up family tradition has cost them nothing. It's caused arguments in my house with my dad etc because he didn't want to move.

All because of the club having no morals.

I fully understand your point of view, but I continually see posts saying how the Club has treated Disabled supporters. I am making the point that this is the first time my season ticket has increased in price since I took my place in A10 after the redevelopment. So I have not been treated harshly and making people aware of this.

I have acknowledged elsewhere that the initial proposal which meant I would be charged an adult price, which falls in line with many other organisations was poorly communicated.

The Club have realised there error and introduced a fair compromise.

I have already received my refund.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

In light of the frankly arrogant, patronising and unsympathetic response from Jon Lansdown on the matter of the price increases which most affect families, the elderly and the disabled, we need to show solidarity as a whole fanbase to protect our fans of the future and our fathers & grandfathers of long and loyal standing. 

Section 82 were planning a card display with a protest theme, but we are now advised that no card displays are allowed due to the FA warning after paper aeroplanes were launched at the Cardiff match in November. 

Whilst some may disagree, we must make a visible statement and we believe the best way to do this is a mass walkout. This will be a 15 minute protest. 

I’m walking out on 30 minutes and I will go and get a drink at one of the stalls outside the ground. The chaps of Section 82 are all doing so too. We ask as many of you as are inclined, to join us  

Some may think this affects the team. I don’t. 

If you are behind it, leave with me on 30 minutes. It’s only a 15 minute protest, you can go back in for the 2nd half. Hopefully this will be enough to not affect the team but to also be enough of a visible statement. 

Sneaky & Dirty - I’m out at 30. 

Solidarity. Fans not customers. 

So F Off Bristol Sport, you need our support, we say no no no. 

Is that normal practice mate?? Wouldn't surprise me if they pulled down the shutters if there are loads outside.

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

What a crock of shit. No time for protests at this point in the season.

Agreed, now is the time for the club to invest and make the most of the transfer window, with the manager ensuring that the squad he built over 3 transfer windows has the depth and strength to secure second spot.........wait a minute.

41 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

What a fan base mind. 3 points from 6th 4 from 5th.. 9 games to go 27 points to play for..injured players coming back and were protesting laughable. 

Whether you protest or not, it is a load of shit form the club mate.

i agree the club are bigger than the Landowns and in our life times different chairman will come in and run our club, which means this is arguably a small issue.

But the club are shit sometimes.

22 minutes ago, EssexTractor said:

When I say only issue, I meant it in the sense that if that’s the only problem, you’ve had it easy.

It's not a contest mate. I wouldn't take it lying down.

If you feel you've had it worse then why haven't you kicked up a fuss yet? Do it.

1 minute ago, Dave said:

I fully understand your point of view, but I continually see posts saying how the Club has treated Disabled supporters. I am making the point that this is the first time my season ticket has increased in price since I took my place in A10 after the redevelopment. So I have not been treated harshly and making people aware of this.

I have acknowledged elsewhere that the initial proposal which meant I would be charged an adult price, which falls in line with many other organisations was poorly communicated.

The problem with disability is it is such a broad brush. Most people I know who are disabled are in full-time employment, however I know a couple of people who just cannot work. They are not City fans, but I'd assume City has disabled supporters in both groups. For those who do not work, and rely almost entirely on the state, to be given such short notice to find and commit to such a large amount of money is nothing short of disgraceful. If said person suffers from autism or perhaps anxiety, this could cause quite severe distress. 

1 hour ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

I think it’s a massive kick in the balls for everything Lansdown has done for us over the past 5 years

I would disagree as effectively he has paid for this nice shiny stadium and now racking up the prices for us to pay for it. I'm not saying I'm not pleased with what he's done.. but he's not a philanthropist.

59 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

So you just want him pumping his own money in and bailing us out every year. Lansdown has said more than once he wants us to be self sufficient, we haven’t had a rise in season tickets for many years, if you want us to be competitive in the market we need to make money  

But why put the increases on kids and disabled people. If the whole stadium received 5% increases across all levels then I would see it as fair.

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

What a fan base mind. 3 points from 6th 4 from 5th.. 9 games to go 27 points to play for..injured players coming back and were protesting laughable. 

People are not protesting against the team - it is against Bristol Sport and what they are doing with the ticket prices

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

I will be staying and supporting club in a huge game

Sorry Dave, it cannot be a huge game if promotion is not being specifically targetted this season, as The Post put it after speaking to MA about the Jan window and our recruitment policy.

Bristol City are on the beach, and it shows.

3 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

I would disagree as effectively he has paid for this nice shiny stadium and now racking up the prices for us to pay for it. I'm not saying I'm not pleased with what he's done.. but he's not a philanthropist.

When he announced the stadium, no one said we'd have to pay for it. In fact we were told it would increase non-matchday revenue, so it'd start paying for itself. The same lie Arsenal fans were sold. 

I think it’s a massive kick in the balls for everything Lansdown has done for us over the past 5 years

54 minutes ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Are the offices quiet at Bristol Sport this afternoon ?

Two of the most out of touch posters / replies on this forum for ages !!!

2 hours ago, Harry said:

In light of the frankly arrogant, patronising and unsympathetic response from Jon Lansdown on the matter of the price increases which most affect families, the elderly and the disabled, we need to show solidarity as a whole fanbase to protect our fans of the future and our fathers & grandfathers of long and loyal standing. 

Section 82 were planning a card display with a protest theme, but we are now advised that no card displays are allowed due to the FA warning after paper aeroplanes were launched at the Cardiff match in November. 

Whilst some may disagree, we must make a visible statement and we believe the best way to do this is a mass walkout. This will be a 15 minute protest. 

I’m walking out on 30 minutes and I will go and get a drink at one of the stalls outside the ground. The chaps of Section 82 are all doing so too. We ask as many of you as are inclined, to join us  

Some may think this affects the team. I don’t. 

If you are behind it, leave with me on 30 minutes. It’s only a 15 minute protest, you can go back in for the 2nd half. Hopefully this will be enough to not affect the team but to also be enough of a visible statement. 

Sneaky & Dirty - I’m out at 30. 

Solidarity. Fans not customers. 

So F Off Bristol Sport, you need our support, we say no no no. 

Don't get this at all. Some of us get criticised for being unhappy with the management team and yet others think it's ok to walk out like that. Crazy. 

In another thread have pointed out since 2016 my concession ticket in Dolman Wings has gone up 40.8% since 2016 just one year prices were frozen. Drink prices have also risen and now discount has been cut. It all adds up.

56 minutes ago, EssexTractor said:

It’s not really about the prices. It’s about the percentage increases and who they’ve been imposed on. 

It’s also about the engineering of “making” people move away from their traditional seats, to avoid hefty increases.

It’s also about the contempt/disregard shown towards the fans consultative groups when making those decisions. 

4 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Don't get this at all. Some of us get criticised for being unhappy with the management team and yet others think it's ok to walk out like that. Crazy. 

Because football is an unpredictable sport. Some seasons the football is good, sometimes it is bad. That is the game you subscribe to. 

This is a group of people trying to dismantle the community that is Bristol City Football Club. That is the difference. 

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

What a crock of shit. No time for protests at this point in the season.

So when is the right time then?

Next year when they look to target another group with a completely inflation busting price rise? 

The club are looking to divide and conquer by their specific targeting and not upsetting everyone, so there is conflict between the fans on the issue and what to do or not do about it,  But now is the time for everyone to make a stand.

Should those not directly effected be saying "I'm alright Jack, doesn't bother me", or actually is the greater good something to get behind here?  It could be you next time...... 

Fair play @Harry and those adults in S82 who may not be directly affected by a price rise, but who see the bigger picture at play.

23 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s not really about the prices. It’s about the percentage increases and who they’ve been imposed on. 

It’s also about the engineering of “making” people move away from their traditional seats, to avoid hefty increases.

It’s also about the contempt/disregard shown towards the fans consultative groups when making those decisions. 

Spot on mate. As you know, me and our old man have seats next to each other. Mine's gone up £16, his £46!! How's that fair?

6 minutes ago, Alan Dicks' Barmy Army said:

Are the offices quiet at Bristol Sport this afternoon ?

Two of the most out of touch posters / replies on this forum for ages !!!

You clearly don't read many threads then!

As for @bs20ciderarmy and the "kick in the balls"- I really think it's a fair point. It's disappointing that if you have a view that you don't want to disrupt the team during the match or appreciate that the club needs more income as it spends more than it makes then you must clearly work for Bristol Sport.

However, If @Harrywants to lead a democratic protest then that's his right and thankfully it's a personal choice not exercised in all countries.

I'm staying in my seat to watch the match. But... I do not think it is fair or right to force people who have held a seat for many years into a different section. One of my friend's has a seat  which his Dad ( now passed away) held before him for about 40 years. It's incredibly important to him and I can't see any justification for him to be forced to move due to the changes.

A 'herd like' walk out may impress the Ipswich fans/humour them or even confuse the players but I believe that the single best way to express dissatisfaction is by firstly writing a letter and explain how it affects you and then ring Jon Lansdown and tell him. It requires a lot more effort but is a lot more effective . Supporting our team for the 90 minutes on the pitch is crucial.

Match day protests rarely work in any club but I'm definitely not advocating doing nothing. 

Perhaps someone would like to pin a template letter on here that ST holders can personalise and send to JL? IMHO- I'm really uncomfortable about a mass walk out during a game. 

LUFC got their stupid badge changed in days with an online fan's petition to the club and however low an opinion you may have of BristolSport surely the circus at Leeds is worse?

ive Seen 3 disabled supporters that have been going for years now saying they are more than happy with the rise in price as there season ticket hasn’t gone up in years? 

58 minutes ago, Dave said:

For some reason your comments keep getting ignored? Not sure why?

And you my friend are exactly the type that keeps the merry go round that is modern football spinning. 

Archived