IGNORED

Protest Vs Ipswich - Sneaky & Dirty - I’m Out At 30

Harry

5 minutes ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

ive Seen 3 disabled supporters that have been going for years now saying they are more than happy with the rise in price as there season ticket hasn’t gone up in years? 

For some reason your comments keep getting ignored? Not sure why?

I answered ..

I work for a learning disabilities organisation. I can hand on heart state that the pricing system is NOT in line with countless organisations and services in direct one to contact with those with disabilities.

The pricing system cannot be in line with norms because it does reflect the payments many disabled people receive - DLA/PIP. The people we (the organisation) support and the service they receive directly reflects individuals disability allowances. Any price rise we put in place has to be judged against (very small %) falls, or rises in benefits which obviously is a fair and principled system.

Bristol Sport have not done this. 

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

That’s not true sorry. My season ticket last season to this went up £50. Others in other areas had a much smaller increase but they still went up. 

Isn't that due to your move from the Atyeo stand to the SS?

8 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

I answered ..

I work for a learning disabilities organisation. I can hand on heart state that the pricing system is NOT in line with countless organisations and services in direct one to contact with those with disabilities.

The pricing system cannot be in line with norms because it does reflect the payments many disabled people receive - DLA/PIP. The people we (the organisation) support and the service they receive directly reflects individuals disability allowances. Any price rise we put in place has to be judged against (very small %) falls, or rises in benefits which obviously is a fair and principled system.

Bristol Sport have not done this. 

I take and understand your point. The approach City are now taking seems to be a common practice within football.

Barnsley and Millwall away tickets both charge wheelchair users the relevant age category, with free carer ticket. 

15 minutes ago, bris red said:

And you my friend are exactly the type that keeps the merry go round that is modern football spinning. 

How so?

The demand for success and big spending is driven by the fans . In the case of BCFC the financial burden of the annual losses is funded by Steve Lansdown.

If you have a solution then let's hear it.

Suggested on other thread...  

3.30pm ... Pre set Mobile Phone Alarm Clocks go off simultaneously to signal start of @Harry 's protest walk out..

(a sudden bit of unusual noise all around the stadium from phone alarms won't hurt would it?.. to add to the visual effect)

Set Your Alarms !!! 

In It  .....  :protest:  Together!

9 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Yes, but there was no choice to stay. IMO the logical thing to do last season was make the whole SS £299 so we keep the sub £300 Sts

You think that providing a quarter (more than) of our home capacity with tickets for £13 a game is sustainable..?

There is some irony in the idea of having a fans protest at the Ipswich game.  Here in East Anglia,  where I live,  Ipswich fans are also protesting - gates have halved since the first season down from the Prem 17 years ago.  Little investment from a rich owner, deadly boring football (so I'm told) and a club out of touch with its fans.  At least SL has put his hand in his pocket and is willing to talk to the media unlike the reclusive Marcus Evans.  A good example of what happens when a club takes its supporters for granted over a long period.    Can see an upset Saturday though as they seem to do better way from the toxic atmosphere of Portman  Road.

3 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Yes. That's why you can pay on the day for most teams around the world for less than that, let alone ST prices. 

Really..? Which Championship clubs can you turn up on the day and get in for £13..?

You can only compare Chsmpionship clubs, seeing as that’s what and where we are and what we are competing against. 

The price of tickets elsewhere is irrelevant in making Bristol City financially viable. 

3 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Really..? Which Championship clubs can you turn up on the day and get in for £13..?

You can only compare Chsmpionship clubs, seeing as that’s what and where we are and what we are competing against. 

The price of tickets elsewhere is irrelevant in making Bristol City financially viable. 

Bath City are charging £13 this season!

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Well I'll compare it to Huddersfield who were a championship club last season and gave away STs for £179. Not even £8 a game. There you go. City can easily do it for £299 then as we have a bigger fanbase and better stadium. 

1 hour ago, Jack Dawe said:

Sorry Dave, it cannot be a huge game if promotion is not being specifically targetted this season, as The Post put it after speaking to MA about the Jan window and our recruitment policy.

Bristol City are on the beach, and it shows.

You have misinterpreted what was said.  Not sure if willfully or not. 

33 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Well I'll compare it to Huddersfield who were a championship club last season and gave away STs for £179. Not even £8 a game. There you go. City can easily do it for £299 then as we have a bigger fanbase and better stadium. 

That's because in the Prem gate receipts are irrelevant when Sky are giving you £120M but you have to get there first.

2 hours ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Because football is an unpredictable sport. Some seasons the football is good, sometimes it is bad. That is the game you subscribe to. 

This is a group of people trying to dismantle the community that is Bristol City Football Club. That is the difference. 

I think the big issue is a lot of our fans are stuck in the past and happy with us being a small club who achieves nothing. Yeovil are affordable and I'm sure would be a lovely day out. If this means we sign better proven players and get promoted I don't see the issue. We should all want to give the club money to help achieve this. 

5 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I think the big issue is a lot of our fans are stuck in the past and happy with us being a small club who achieves nothing. Yeovil are affordable and I'm sure would be a lovely day out. If this means we sign better proven players and get promoted I don't see the issue. We should all want to give the club money to help achieve this. 

Stop being vapid for once and try to actually understand the issue. 

11 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

That's because in the Prem gate receipts are irrelevant when Sky are giving you £120M but you have to get there first.

Last season they were a championship club with no Prem money. So I'm not sure what your point is.

3 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I want City to do well, but not at the expense of my fellow fan. I'd be an advocate of lowering ticket prices, but allowing fans who want to give more, to give more. And for the record I don't want to give the suits my money because it is going on inflated wages and transfer fees. 

19 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Last season they were a championship club with no Prem money. So I'm not sure what your point is.

I want City to do well, but not at the expense of my fellow fan. I'd be an advocate of lowering ticket prices, but allowing fans who want to give more, to give more. And for the record I don't want to give the suits my money because it is going on inflated wages and transfer fees. 

I thought you were talking about prices THIS season. Last season Huddersfield charged £400 for an adult ST:

https://www.htafc.com/news/2016/may/201617-season-cards-info/

Just imagine it. The players have been laying siege to the Ipswich goalmouth for 29 minutes and their defence look like cracking which could then herald an avalanche of goals that power us back in to the Top 6 by the end of the afternoon when, suddenly, Harry and the rest of his hair-brained mates decide to up sticks, disrupt those paying customers who know nothing about his planned puerile protests and causes the players to lose focus which lets Ipswich break away for the equaliser and worse .....

The real irony here is that whether we get promoted or not, Harry will no doubt lead the demand for 'a better Summer window' and the signing of 'better quality players' etc while not quite being able to reconcile that this will demand ever more financing and that we don't have a money tree.

I'm sure there's a number of more grown-up ways to protest about season ticket prices (eg don't buy one) rather than screw up our last chance of a good ending to the season.

:grr:

5 minutes ago, matalan12 said:

Fans know when to protest. This isn’t one of those times. I’ll be staying all game supporting the team.

To protest about prices, whilst being in the ground, makes no sense to me. The best way to make your voice heard, is not turning up at all. It’s hard, cos we all love the club, but if I felt that passionately about something, that’s the strongest form of protest you can make. An empty stadium is as loud as you can be.

If Harry hadn't made that suggestion I'd be staying away. I won't be re-emerging for the 2nd half though. I'll be away from AG unless something else is organised. 

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

I thought you were talking about prices THIS season. Last season Huddersfield charged £400 for an adult ST:

https://www.htafc.com/news/2016/may/201617-season-cards-info/

Yes they did, but for the initial 10,000. I thought it was for all. I was mistaken. Still miles better than ours. https://www.htafc.com/news/2016/february/201617-season-cards-179-adults/

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Did they...? Did they really..?

Someone really should have told their ticketing office about that deal..! 

4E9B8714-8F35-4E03-9EF9-8E35A2C2FDAE.jpeg

See my link above.

3 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

Just imagine it. The players have been laying siege to the Ipswich goalmouth for 29 minutes and their defence look like cracking which could then herald an avalanche of goals that power us back in to the Top 6 by the end of the afternoon when, suddenly, Harry and the rest of his hair-brained mates decide to up sticks, disrupt those paying customers who know nothing about his planned puerile protests and causes the players to lose focus which lets Ipswich break away for the equaliser and worse .....

The real irony here is that whether we get promoted or not, Harry will no doubt lead the demand for 'a better Summer window' and the signing of 'better quality players' etc while not quite being able to reconcile that this will demand ever more financing and that we don't have a money tree.

I'm sure there's a number of more grown-up ways to protest about season ticket prices (eg don't buy one) rather than screw up our last chance of a good ending to the season.

:grr:

:rofl2br:We've got another 'alright jack'

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

If Harry hadn't made that suggestion I'd be staying away. I won't be re-emerging for the 2nd half though. I'll be away from AG unless something else is organised. 

Yes they did, but for the initial 10,000. I thought it was for all. I was mistaken. Still miles better than ours. https://www.htafc.com/news/2016/february/201617-season-cards-179-adults/

See my link above.

It’s still only one clubs, very good offer. It’s not something that any other clubs (to my knowledge) are doing. 

It was also needed as their attendances were pretty poor. 

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

That's more the exception that the rule though. I think Bradford did something similar recently with their season tickets.

Archived