IGNORED

Protest Vs Ipswich - Sneaky & Dirty - I’m Out At 30

Harry

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It’s still only one clubs, very good offer. It’s not something that any other clubs (to my knowledge) are doing. 

It was also needed as their attendances were pretty poor. 

9 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

That's more the exception that the rule though. I think Bradford did something similar recently with their season tickets.

My argument to you two would be, why we can't be another exception to the rule? Why do we have to conform to Modern English Football. Especially as most fans will say football was better 20/30 years ago. We also as a country constantly look at the Bundesliga and wish our game was more like theirs. 

I want Bristol City to be the envy of this country by showing that the community of Bristol is valued above and beyond players pay packets and the Premier League. It'd be nice to get there, but I cannot justify that being at the expense of other fans. 

2 minutes ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

My argument to you two would be, why we can't be another exception to the rule? Why do we have to conform to Modern English Football. Especially as most fans will say football was better 20/30 years ago. We also as a country constantly look at the Bundesliga and wish our game was more like theirs. 

I want Bristol City to be the envy of this country by showing that the community of Bristol is valued above and beyond players pay packets and the Premier League. It'd be nice to get there, but I cannot justify that being at the expense of other fans. 

I understand your point, although I do think it’s a little bit idealistic. 

If it was financially viable, then I’m sure more would do it. 

If we had 10k crowds every week, we may feel the need to consider it. The fact our crowds are at a 40 year high (including the so called “better” times) why would they..? It would be financial suicide. 

1 minute ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

My post may have come across wrong, I find the price increases for next season a disgrace and im not purchasing one for this reason. Id like City to chuck out season tickets at £180 a pop and fill the gate but should they increase to £250 the following year there would be outcry of a 38% rise, even though £250 would be a very good price. I dont know, this is a delicate situation and the club have handled it poorly. 

I'm not 'alright jack' at all but I perhaps have a better grip on reality than some of the posters on this subject.

Like it or not, we are in the modern world. Bristol Sports are a business and need to, at least, break even in the not-too-distant future. They will set their entry prices at a level that the market (the customers) will pay. If season ticket sales plummet because the customers won't pay for what's on offer, they'll have to address the issue. Simple economics.

If you want fairness, community spirit, low entry fees etc, I'm afraid it's local teams like Mangotsfield etc that you need to support. I watch Welton Rovers more than The City these days for that very reason. It's a shame but there it is. 

2 minutes ago, otib118 said:

People want the club to progress but not willing to put any of there own money into help that, pretty sure those same people would moan at a terrible transfer window if there was no ‘marquee signings’ 

I dont think people mind price rises across the board, and accept its part of the game. The issue is there have been no rises of the SS but stupid rises for Dolman, Landsdown in certain areas and targeting certain members of our fan base.

I won’t be walking out.

This has been handled terribly by the club, I’ll admit that. But I said this time last week that we were playing for disabled price moves and extended deadlines. Both have been given. They’ve moved on the kids tickets - again, handled badly but again, £99 for an U12 is great value. And it’s not uncommon to only subsidise junior tickets in one area of the ground.

The only cock up they haven’t moved on is hitting the dolman and Williams but not the SS. I’m affected by that, do I like it? Nope. But again, I said last week that the club now can’t go back and put a uniform rise in as SS people have bought at current rates.

The question I have is twofold:

- Ignoring the pie in the sky, like now increasing on a uniform basis or reverting to “Huddersfield” prices, what else do people want?

- If we were where we are now when things were launched, would people have been happy?

Its fine to protest, but what’s the endgame here?

(and, FWIW have hung fire on renewing and will do so until the last to support you guys, but ultimately will do so at a total of £170 increase. I don’t disagree with the right of protest, what I’m not seeing is a rebasing of demands after JL statement bearing in mind the above)

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I understand your point, although I do think it’s a little bit idealistic. 

If it was financially viable, then I’m sure more would do it. 

If we had 10k crowds every week, we may feel the need to consider it. The fact our crowds are at a 40 year high (including the so called “better” times) why would they..? It would be financial suicide. 

The reason most clubs don't is they are spending too much money on playing staff. This increase won't even come close to covering the transfer fee for Engvall. Meanwhile we are basically level with Preston, who have spent almost nothing on transfers, yet have progressed on the pitch, the same as we have. 

1 minute ago, RUSSEL85 said:

My post may have come across wrong, I find the price increases for next season a disgrace and im not purchasing one for this reason. Id like City to chuck out season tickets at £180 a pop and fill the gate but should they increase to £250 the following year there would be outcry of a 38% rise, even though £250 would be a very good price. I dont know, this is a delicate situation and the club have handled it poorly. 

Agreed. 

4 hours ago, bs20ciderarmy said:

So you just want him pumping his own money in and bailing us out every year. Lansdown has said more than once he wants us to be self sufficient, we haven’t had a rise in season tickets for many years, if you want us to be competitive in the market we need to make money  

Some people are oblivious to what is happening, it'd not a case of price rises but about how they are implementing them and on who it is affecting which is mainly the young and disabled, if there was a cart blanche 5% rise across the stadium I doubt very much we would be discussing this in the way it is at the moment.

I’m not interested in Bristol sport . I’m not interested in women’s football,rugby, basketball, badminton, or any other ******* shit sport they have. I don’t expect any of those make any money. And it has to be paid for somehow. And seeing Bristol City is the most popular. Let’s hit the football fans to pay for the rest of the shite. Bristol City football club is my interest and love. The rest can **** off 

5 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

I won’t be walking out.

This has been handled terribly by the club, I’ll admit that. But I said this time last week that we were playing for disabled price moves and extended deadlines. Both have been given. They’ve moved on the kids tickets - again, handled badly but again, £99 for an U12 is great value. And it’s not uncommon to only subsidise junior tickets in one area of the ground.

The only cock up they haven’t moved on is hitting the dolman and Williams but not the SS. I’m affected by that, do I like it? Nope. But again, I said last week that the club now can’t go back and put a uniform rise in as SS people have bought at current rates.

- Ignoring the pie in the sky, like now increasing on a uniform basis or reverting to “Huddersfield” prices, what else do people want?

- If we were where we are now when things were launched, would people have been happy?

(and, FWIW have hung fire on renewing and will do so until the last to support you guys, but ultimately will do so at a total of £170 increase. I don’t disagree with the right of protest, what I’m not seeing is a rebasing of demands after JL statement bearing in mind the above)

Hear what you're saying Silio, but for me the issue was the deadline/lack of time to gather the money for a ticket (I usually budget so I can afford this in June). The club have only put the deadline back by 2 weeks, so doesn't really help the situation. If they would have moved it to the end of April or mid May then I'd have said fair play.

As for the walkout in general, I believe fans, rightly so, are disgusted with how they've been treated, even with the new concessions. We are clearly customers now. Many feel this mid-match walkout demonstrates a strength of feeling to the suits.

9 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I’m not interested in Bristol sport . I’m not interested in women’s football,rugby, basketball, badminton, or any other ******* shit sport they have. I don’t expect any of those make any money. And it has to be paid for somehow. And seeing Bristol City is the most popular. Let’s hit the football fans to pay for the rest of the shite. Bristol City football club is my interest and love. The rest can **** off 

WiltedFarIchneumonfly-max-1mb.gif.7f51a0140b66c836dd89834cb4312b98.gif

2 minutes ago, Anglo-Welsh said:

Hear what you're saying Silio, but for me the issue was the deadline/lack of time to gather the money for a ticket (I usually budget so I can afford this in June). The club have only put the deadline back by 2 weeks, so doesn't really help the situation. If they would have moved it to the end of April or mid May then I'd have said fair play.

As for the walkout in general, I believe fans, rightly so, are disgusted with how they've been treated, even with the new concessions. We are clearly customers now. Many feel this mid-match walkout demonstrates a strength of feeling to the suits.

Thanks, I get that and am just trying to move this to solution phase. I think the deadline is still a bit off (particularly for seat moves having 8 hours), and think it’s reasonable to ask for a further extension to mid April. The clubs accounts run to 31st May so they’ll want STs done by the end of April in the main - and tbf have historically worked that way. It’s an easy give for the club and a reasonable ask. End April probably isn’t happening for both the accounting reason stated and you want new STs to sign up “in the moment” but a further couple of weeks hurts nobody.

Also meant to say I agree with others that the new family section is insanely situated!

13 minutes ago, Sir Leigh of Somerset said:

I'm not 'alright jack' at all but I perhaps have a better grip on reality than some of the posters on this subject.

Like it or not, we are in the modern world. Bristol Sports are a business and need to, at least, break even in the not-too-distant future. They will set their entry prices at a level that the market (the customers) will pay. If season ticket sales plummet because the customers won't pay for what's on offer, they'll have to address the issue. Simple economics.

If you want fairness, community spirit, low entry fees etc, I'm afraid it's local teams like Mangotsfield etc that you need to support. I watch Welton Rovers more than The City these days for that very reason. It's a shame but there it is. 

But even if I buy into the fact that Bristol City is a business which needs to break even I don’t have to agree with the burden of excessive increases aimed at certain groups of fans or a ridiculously early renewal deadline.  I don’t have to agree with the contempt those in position of power treat the genuine concerns of fans and I don’t have to like how the match day experience is becoming so clinical.  Im afraid there’s more to the Bristol Sport approach than simply looking to break even.  That’s why I will be leaving my seat on 30 minutes

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

I think the big issue is a lot of our fans are stuck in the past and happy with us being a small club who achieves nothing. Yeovil are affordable and I'm sure would be a lovely day out. If this means we sign better proven players and get promoted I don't see the issue. We should all want to give the club money to help achieve this. 

Proven that's a laugh, not in this league anyway; we waste hundreds of thousands if not many millions on players we hardly play. If you really think our transfer policy will suddenly change from buying those possibly for the future, then cashing in pretty quick and then going actually no-where you are in for a shock. 

Many of us have been giving/buying into our club for many years (over 50 for me) for that we get no say.....not even on the price of a cup of tea.

We get no say, this lot ONLY want our money...that's it.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Also meant to say I agree with others that the new family section is insanely situated!

Agree entirely. A number of colleagues sit in the lower Lansdown and their kids love it. Now their £98 ticket has risen to over £500 not one of them is renewing.

Plus, I'm sure the kids want to be in the lower levels amongst it all, not up in the Gods out of the way.

6 minutes ago, harrys said:

What a stupid thing to say

why would it be a stupid thing to say?? dont you make choices about everything you buy ans do with some of it based on price???

Will those leaving for 15 minutes . keep hold of your toys and dont stamp your feet too loud!! and then come back when youve grown up

17 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

It really is simple

If you think the ticket prices are to high

Dont buy one 

Loads of other things to do on a Saturday 

Get your point, but for a lot of people they have a sense of loyalty to the club - walking away from something that's been a huge part of your life isn't that simple.

To be blunt, this really is a load of b*****ks.  

Reminds me of last season with 'forum' protests about LJ that totally was a non starter.  The forum does not represent the fan base. With 20K or there about, I wonder how many will 'walk' .  Bet its not noticed.  I grasp certain issues, particularly family area should be near pitch side where the young ones can hang out with pencils and paper and all that, but a walk out on 30?   Really. 

• SC&T Board Members
1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

I won’t be walking out.

Failing any movement on prices this year (which we still feel there should be), the end game that the SC&T is now after is this:

Going forward, we call for a commitment from the Club:

•    To hold not less than three rounds of consultation with supporters during the period of setting season card prices each year.
•    To agree, now that the ‘incorrect’ prices of recent years have been ‘corrected’, to cap increases for the next five years, e.g. to no more than the rate of inflation.

Full statement here

9 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Reminds me of last season with 'forum' protests about LJ that totally was a non starter.  The forum does not represent the fan base. With 20K or there about, I wonder how many will 'walk' .  Bet its not noticed.  I grasp certain issues, particularly family area should be near pitch side where the young ones can hang out with pencils and paper and all that, but a walk out on 30?   Really. 

I will still be leaving my seat on 30 minutes.  The ticket price increases and lack of empathy from the club is unacceptable and certainly wouldn’t happen in any business without a captive audience 

15 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

It’ll just look like the usual lot going for the toilet or a early drink!

7 minutes ago, Blagdon red said:

Failing any movement on prices this year (which we still feel there should be), the end game that the SC&T is now after is this:

Going forward, we call for a commitment from the Club:

•    To hold not less than three rounds of consultation with supporters during the period of setting season card prices each year.
•    To agree, now that the ‘incorrect’ prices of recent years have been ‘corrected’, to cap increases for the next five years, e.g. to no more than the rate of inflation.

Full statement here

Out of interest, why doesn’t the statement from SC&T specifically mention/back the walkout on 30 minutes?  Is there a reason why it’s generic support and not a rallying call

22 minutes ago, Albert said:

why would it be a stupid thing to say?? dont you make choices about everything you buy ans do with some of it based on price???

Will those leaving for 15 minutes . keep hold of your toys and dont stamp your feet too loud!! and then come back when youve grown up

Reign yourself in pal, just for the record I shall be sat in my seat and make my protest in my own way, telling people who have decades of supporting City and spending £1000’s & £1000’s over the years”that there are other things to do on a Saturday” is stupid and ignorant

Archived