IGNORED

Will we get promoted this year ?

Major Isewater

Will we go up this year ?   

231 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

If we don't make the playoffs why wouldn't it be a disappointment? It's been a good season with some amazing memories, and progress has been made, but it will 100% be disappointing if we don't make the playoffs considering the position we were in at Christmas.

I never actually said that not making the playoffs wouldn’t be a disappointment, I was thinking that beating Man Utd and that we have overachieved from where many of us thought we would finish and played pretty good football for the majority of the season, wouldn’t be a disappointment. 

But yes if you only look at the season from Christmas then I guess it would be. 

1 hour ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I never actually said that not making the playoffs wouldn’t be a disappointment, I was thinking that beating Man Utd and that we have overachieved from where many of us thought we would finish and played pretty good football for the majority of the season, wouldn’t be a disappointment. 

But yes if you only look at the season from Christmas then I guess it would be. 

From this moment in time beating Man Utd was a flash in the pan. Don’t get over excited about it mate the league is the bread and butter. 

12 minutes ago, swanker said:

From this moment in time beating Man Utd was a flash in the pan. Don’t get over excited about it mate the league is the bread and butter. 

And despite our poor recent form and with the quality of teams ahead of us plus the cup run I still think it would be a decent season if we finished in the top 10.

4 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Plus, who would have expected Huddersfield to get promoted this way last season? 

They triumphed on penalties in both the semi-final and final.

With a two week break following the Ipswich game, a victory and the chance for a fully fit squad in the remaining fixtures means anything is possible.

Wish I could agree but too many are already on the beach. 

8 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

IN my best Michael Owen, if we make the playoffs we have a chance. 

I’d fancy us in the playoffs honestly. 

we have been brilliant this season and let's face it crap as well in almost equal measure, no reason that we can't finish well and sneak in as the form team like hull in 2008, reckon we just might be in for an exiting end to the season.

1 hour ago, pillred said:

we have been brilliant this season and let's face it crap as well in almost equal measure, no reason that we can't finish well and sneak in as the form team like hull in 2008, reckon we just might be in for an exiting end to the season.

Also have to consider the form we would be in if we did make the playoffs. It isn’t impossible or even improbable. We have a real chance at playoffs still in mid march so as bad as we have been we did something oh so right to still be within 3 points of playoffs. 

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

OK so this is my first , and probably last ' poll ' thread . :blink:

It's pretty emphatic that ' Always Believe ' is dead . 

'Always Realistic' more like.

We probably need to win a minimum of 6 of our remaining 9 matches or up to 76 points and with the 3 other matches we can probably afford no more than 1 loss; 78 points might just get us in. You have to say Millwall are now in with a shout meaning 5 teams fighting for the last play off spot. And Derby may continue to falter to add extra spice. It is going to be an exciting run in. We just have to stay in contention and, in fact, get back within a point of 6th very quickly. Let us also not forget that it remains in our hands because we have to play Boro and the Blades.

Overall though I think we will just come up short but there is no disgrace with that and unlike a previous poster I believe next season we will come back stronger.

15 hours ago, bristolcitysweden said:

The cup run put Bristol City Football Club on the world map of football.

The current form is relegation fodder though.

And people are sssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooo happy.

We don't have to be shit.

Typical Bristol. Lazy and not giving a shit.

On the nose this.. Always happy being the bloody bridesmaid! Not good enough

16 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

So I  see it's neck and neck in the poll .

Nobody has voted ' Yes ' 

and no bugger has voted ' No ' either . 

:blink:

If we be top six, we can go up. Life is like a rollercoster ride, City to. Nine games to play and we still have the chance. Ok, Im optimistic that we will be top six. Then its another challenge, for me its impossible to predict the results. Todays game is important as usual, a win is needed. COYR!!!

There is positivity and there is being deluded. Head says no a few games ago. Heart says we could put a run together and creep into the play offs. Would take a massive upturn from us though and a spectacular fall by a  few other teams who don’t seem to hit the skids quite like us. 

We aren’t out of it yet, but we aren’t in it either. Too big a mountain I think, our form since Christmas is poor, especially as this is now mid March. We are where we deserve to be.

I know I'm totally in the minority but if we make the play offs - great - if we don't - no worries.

I've really really enjoyed this season, first time for a long time really, everything - the football, the cup run, the curry pies - I know there will be a lot of disappointment amongst some fans if we now miss play offs but that is purely based on where we were at Xmas, at the start of the year everybody would have taken the position we are in now. Just for a minute think back on some of those results we had prior to Xmas - we really did have the rub of the green at times, battered at Brentford, got away with a point - how many times did other teams hit the woodwork against us - ask Sheffield Utd, again we stole points in that game and others. We were riding high - that said we also know It does even out over a season - the injuries to key players, the decisions in some later games have not gone our way and now we are where we are now.

The roller coaster that is the Championship - Villa stuff Wolves and then lose to QPR who we beat with 10 men - I love this league - if we get promoted brilliant - if we don't it really won't bug me that much at all - I'm just loving the ride.   COYR

29 minutes ago, RedM said:

There is positivity and there is being deluded. Head says no a few games ago. Heart says we could put a run together and creep into the play offs. Would take a massive upturn from us though and a spectacular fall by a  few other teams who don’t seem to hit the skids quite like us. 

We aren’t out of it yet, but we aren’t in it either. Too big a mountain I think, our form since Christmas is poor, especially as this is now mid March. We are where we deserve to be.

We certainly need an upturn but I don’t agree it would take a spectacular fall by other teams. We’re only one win behind the top six with 9 games to go. All it needs is for our form in the run-in to be marginally better than theirs.

We have seen unexpected turn-around in form in our past two seasons from the much more pressurised position of pending relegation, so it’s certainly possible - if not probable.

If we get the bounce of the ball and a bit of luck then we can still make the play offs. If we do then anything is possible. We are still in the race, with Djuric back we have an option we didn’t have and with Pisano also we look better defensively - fingers crossed but anything can still happen at the moment

Archived