IGNORED

UPDATE - THERE WILL BE NO WALKOUT - CANCELLED

Harry

**** ‘em.

I’m up for following BS’s approach. Doing what I want, when I want.

Tomorrow I’m off to Lilleys to fill up my Fanta bottle. No more Thatchers in the concourse for me.

I’ll get some cash on the way. Chips in Gores Marsh Park. No sheep pie in the concourse for me.

I’ll take a fireplace I’ve sold on eBay to the buyer in Knowle. If it wasn’t for that I’d probably spend the day at the allotment.

I will renew but that’ll be it. No more money from me or the kids as long as we go down.

They’ve got a plaque on the Atyeo Statue. What a great shame that their memories of trips to the football with their old dad will be forever tarnished by this fiasco.

And now what? I’ll happily walk out tomorrow.

52 minutes ago, EmissionImpossible said:

I don’t think a walkout is the answer and don’t blame people for not being behind it. Hit the club where it hurts by not renewing, not attending and if you do attend, not purchasing anything from the club shop etc. If you’re attending, support the team. If it was a live game on sky maybe a walkout would bring some attention but I think generally it would be quite easily ignored by the club if they are hellbent on increasing ticket prices.

This.

Don't go or don't buy anything if you do. If you do go though get behind the team.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Well I have to say I am very disappointed to have to post this.

I posted this morning suggesting a walkout on Saturday in order to demonstrate to Bristol Sport that us Bristol City fans were a different breed and we would not take price hikes to the most vulnerable in our fanbase lightly.  I always thought that we were different.  Heard so many times that "oh that wouldn't happen at City" and "we wouldn't stand for that" when there have been stories of corporate greed and fans being taken for a ride at other clubs.

From the reaction my suggestion has received, it appears I have completely misjudged our fans.  I thought there would be a strong weight of opinion against the indiscriminate price rises for kids, the elderly and the disabled.  I thought that we would all stand up for each other, have each others backs, and stick up for those in our fanbase who were being edged out in favour of corporate money, glory supporters and greed.

I'm sad to say that I was very wrong.  It appears as if there are about 30 or 40 people who seem really behind it, which let's face it is a shit protest.  It seems most of our fans are too keen to not upset the players and ruin our (fading) premiership dream, rather than stick up for their fellow supporters who are having their matchday experience nullified by the decisions made.  I don't mind other people disagreeing with me on this, but I have received a torrent of abuse today for trying to stick up for others (on all forms of media, not just on here).  I'm not in it for that.  I thought I was helping others, but it seems I'm causing all sorts of division and hatred.

As a result, I am not going to suggest to anyone that they walk out in protest this week.  You can all carry on doing whatever you want to do and ignore the bigger picture.  That's your right.

Over the years I have been someone who has tried to bring as much atmosphere to Ashton Gate as possible.  I have been active in support of this club and trying to improve the colour, atmosphere and general experience.  It seems all of that is completely futile.  After the abuse received today I'm not going to bother any more.  I will continue to support my team for the rest of this season, in body, but not in voice.  I've had to put up with the following over the years :
You think you're a superfan, why do you sing that shit song, why don't you sing this, the atmosphere is shit, S82 is shit, you sing too fast, you sing too slow, that song has too many words, we've got nothing new, we copy everyone else, that new song is shit, blah blah blah.

The haters win.  I'm not bothering any more.  There's plenty who will keep trying, but the majority of fans at Ashton Gate don't seem to give a shit.  So I'm gonna join the majority and just be a bit-part in this club and let it continue to be a place of a placid support base that are happy to let their bellies be tickled by the corporates.  So much for everyone who says "against modern football", and "we'd never let that happen here".  The majority have shown this week that they are happy with how "modern football" is being run at our club, so I'm pissing in the wind.

Bristol Sport have missed a trick here.  The best 'product' they've produced in decades and they are trying to cash in on it straight away by robbing the poor to provide a place for the rich.

Good luck to everyone who wants to continue the fight against this, and to those who want to continue to bring atmosphere to our placid place.

Well said mate. I'd be with you on this except I'm in Nottingham for the weekend. 

Whatever happens, they'll get less of my money next season. **** them.

We'll stay down this season, probably be pretty average next, and the suits will look like idiots with a mostly empty Lansdown stand. 

All the best to you buddy. 

This is the way its going all over football no way people will continue to fund clubs by paying ridiculous prices funding these over paid players and agents I'm behind Harry here its a joke and a utter disgrace what we have to find financially to watch the club and the game we support..Its going one way and one way only!!! 

10 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Well said mate. I'd be with you on this except I'm in Nottingham for the weekend. 

Whatever happens, they'll get less of my money next season. **** them.

We'll stay down this season, probably be pretty average next, and the suits will look like idiots with a mostly empty Lansdown stand. 

All the best to you buddy. 

Shouldn't we all want to go and watch our club and hope they are successful? I mean don't get me wrong. The thought of another season of LJ makes me want to protest but I'll be there whatever happens hoping for the best. But expecting the worst. 

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Well I have to say I am very disappointed to have to post this.

I posted this morning suggesting a walkout on Saturday in order to demonstrate to Bristol Sport that us Bristol City fans were a different breed and we would not take price hikes to the most vulnerable in our fanbase lightly.  I always thought that we were different.  Heard so many times that "oh that wouldn't happen at City" and "we wouldn't stand for that" when there have been stories of corporate greed and fans being taken for a ride at other clubs.

From the reaction my suggestion has received, it appears I have completely misjudged our fans.  I thought there would be a strong weight of opinion against the indiscriminate price rises for kids, the elderly and the disabled.  I thought that we would all stand up for each other, have each others backs, and stick up for those in our fanbase who were being edged out in favour of corporate money, glory supporters and greed.

I'm sad to say that I was very wrong.  It appears as if there are about 30 or 40 people who seem really behind it, which let's face it is a shit protest.  It seems most of our fans are too keen to not upset the players and ruin our (fading) premiership dream, rather than stick up for their fellow supporters who are having their matchday experience nullified by the decisions made.  I don't mind other people disagreeing with me on this, but I have received a torrent of abuse today for trying to stick up for others (on all forms of media, not just on here).  I'm not in it for that.  I thought I was helping others, but it seems I'm causing all sorts of division and hatred.

As a result, I am not going to suggest to anyone that they walk out in protest this week.  You can all carry on doing whatever you want to do and ignore the bigger picture.  That's your right.

Over the years I have been someone who has tried to bring as much atmosphere to Ashton Gate as possible.  I have been active in support of this club and trying to improve the colour, atmosphere and general experience.  It seems all of that is completely futile.  After the abuse received today I'm not going to bother any more.  I will continue to support my team for the rest of this season, in body, but not in voice.  I've had to put up with the following over the years :
You think you're a superfan, why do you sing that shit song, why don't you sing this, the atmosphere is shit, S82 is shit, you sing too fast, you sing too slow, that song has too many words, we've got nothing new, we copy everyone else, that new song is shit, blah blah blah.

The haters win.  I'm not bothering any more.  There's plenty who will keep trying, but the majority of fans at Ashton Gate don't seem to give a shit.  So I'm gonna join the majority and just be a bit-part in this club and let it continue to be a place of a placid support base that are happy to let their bellies be tickled by the corporates.  So much for everyone who says "against modern football", and "we'd never let that happen here".  The majority have shown this week that they are happy with how "modern football" is being run at our club, so I'm pissing in the wind.

Bristol Sport have missed a trick here.  The best 'product' they've produced in decades and they are trying to cash in on it straight away by robbing the poor to provide a place for the rich.

Good luck to everyone who wants to continue the fight against this, and to those who want to continue to bring atmosphere to our placid place.

Make your mind up Buddy should we stay or should we go, ultimately you have the power to tell us what to do and now I’m confused ?????

3 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

Make your mind up Buddy should we stay or should we go, ultimately you have the power to tell us what to do and now I’m confused ?????

It’s quite clear. Sit down and take it up the ass and do nowt about it. 

Thats what the majority want. Go for your life. Do what you want. I couldn’t give a shit any more mate. 

1 hour ago, RedNight said:

The season ticket prices are still averagely priced. Lansdown is adamant on making this club self efficient. 

We're 3 points off the play offs, our best chance of the ultimate goal in years, and you wanna start walkouts, rather than support your team. 

I fully appreciate your efforts in S82, you boys are legends. But we need you more then ever right now, not f*cking walking out. It's embarrassing, considering the circumstances. 

He hasn’t got much abuse just people saying it would be better to protest about the club like not buying anything the club sells rather than a 15 minute walk out which the people with money at the top would not bat a eyelid at but the players would 

Well done @Harry, you are an example to a lot of us on the difference between "fan" and "supporter". Don't let the reaction get you down, nothing to do with City, it's the way of the world now. I'm alright jack and if in doubt opt to rebel/troll anything else.

It would be too much of a ****ing cliché but I half want to quote Rudyard Kipling. First they came for... etc. Being happy that it doesn't affect you this time round is a hiding to nothing. For me this is about nipping moronic hidden agenda City management decisions in the bud before they bite us all.

I'm not affected in the slightest, but let this go and next season some clown will be plotting a massive increase somewhere else (probably the South Stand) in order to make room for a speculative Groupon deal for some untapped demographic, or so as to "maximise yield" anywhere within 100 yards of the pitch.

On past form they'll probably decide the Upper Lansdown is unsafe for kids trying to get autographs and launch yet another family section (in Brislington) and ask everyone to move again, while hoisting a new loyalty scheme (using beads) on us, and offering kids free binoculars.

Anyway, once again you have shown with your consistency in pushing ways to build support at Ashton Gate that you're always far more reliable as a supporter than some City employees are in their attempts to organise some brief form of drinking in a brewery.

1 hour ago, tinman85 said:

Arsenal fans pay £1,500 a season don't walk out despite their angst for Wenger and the owners. 

The gate open at 60 minutes and they pour out from then onwards. I’ve seen it in person. You wouldn’t know if it was a walkout, protest or not as there are so few of them left at the final whistle. I’m told it’s because getting away from the ground is so bad, it’s absolutely crazy how early they leave, and I’m told it’s the norm.

Found the entire episode a huge disappointment.

The initial announcement from the club that followed no consultation.

The first response from SCAT and then organising a meeting WAS a positive, but feedback from that meeting was one of contempt.

The revised approach from the club was absolute bobbins and did little to address the concerns.

This was then sadly followed up by the supporters groups that have a voice doing nothing to engage the supporters who wanted to see an organised response, or challenge the club further, two days after the club come up with a revised proposal and they had no statement or plan in place.

The fact they want to raise some money is admirable, but this surely is a position  of surrender and does nothing to further debate with the club. And I will be surprised if people who might struggle to pay the increased prices are paid up members of the supporters group which would seek to help them.

I'm not surprised @Harry is annoyed.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

The gate open at 60 minutes and they pour out from then onwards. I’ve seen it in person. You wouldn’t know if it was a walkout, protest or not as there are so few of them left at the final whistle. I’m told it’s because getting away from the ground is so bad, it’s absolutely crazy how early they leave, and I’m told it’s the norm.

Rubbish. I go there around 5 to 10 times a season. Arsenal one of the easiest grounds to get away from. So many tube stations and overground it's unreal. 

2 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Rubbish. I go there around 5 to 10 times a season. Arsenal one of the easiest grounds to get away from. So many tube stations and overground it's unreal. 

We will have to agree to differ and my experience is different to yours. Got to comment to that Arsenal seem to attract a hell of a lot of tourists that we don’t, casual walk up people obviously as it’s Premiership and London, we won’t get many pay on the day so I don’t know why the club are freeing up all the seats for.

3 minutes ago, RedM said:

We will have to agree to differ and my experience is different to yours. Got to comment to that Arsenal seem to attract a hell of a lot of tourists that we don’t, casual walk up people obviously as it’s Premiership and London, we won’t get many pay on the day so I don’t know why the club are freeing up all the seats for.

Walk up people? They have 40,000 fans on a waiting list for season tickets. Which is why my lot won't give theirs up. Never get it back. 

Such a shame as Bristol City away use to have an edge to it for visiting fans.

Ashton Gate is now just another sanitised library like most other grounds in English football. 

I would happily walk out on 30 mins if I was attending but will not be giving the club anymore of my money!

Unfortunately English football fans seem to just accept were gonna be shafted by our clubs!! 

35 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

He hasn’t got much abuse just people saying it would be better to protest about the club like not buying anything the club sells rather than a 15 minute walk out which the people with money at the top would not bat a eyelid at but the players would 

Yes I have received lots of abuse. You haven’t seen my Facebook messages. 

Besides, I couldn’t really give a shit about that actually. It’s the absolute ******* apathy of most of our fanbase that’s actually got to me more! Half of the people I’ve seen comment today have had to ask “what are you moaning about”. It’s been 2 weeks, with Supporters Club meetings, hundreds (nay thousands) of posts on all forms of media, the club have had to release 3 statements on their pricing and most people STILL don’t have a clue what’s happening. 

I thought I was doing something for the good of a fanbase that was “different” to others, that looked out for each other, that had a unity and passion for keeping our club “real”, but clearly this is a minority view and most of our fans couldn’t give a shit about their fellow supporters. 

I honestly wish this football club all the best in its quest for regular top flight football, but the reality is that if we make the Prem, the best seats in the house will be taken by glory hunting armchair Man U/Liverpool fans who will contribute **** all to the matchday experience and once we go down again they will desert us, leaving a half empty sterile and quiet stadium. We are just a few years away from becoming a Reading or a Cardiff, with thousands of empty seats and a fanbase with an average age of over 50. 

Bristol Sport have truly missed a great opportunity to fill the stadium week on week with those who have a genuine interest in the welfare of the club. They’ve seen the dollar sign and made a bee-line straight for it and bore zero regard to its existing fanbase. And the majority are happy to lap it all up in their own personal selfish quest for top flight football so that they can banter with their Man U/Liverpool plastits at work. The ignorance and apathy of our fans is astounding. 

For Bristol City 2023, read Reading 2018. 

It’s amazing that everyone is so bothered about “not upsetting the players” and “don’t protest, we can still make the playoffs”, when many others are being forced to find an extra £300 to stay sat together as a family. It just makes me ******* sick to be honest and I felt strongly enough about it to try to help those affected. But everyone is so selfishly eyeing up the faintest hope of a playoff success that they’ve lost track of what this football club SHOULD be about. 

Bristolians have always been deemed as a very fickle and incredibly laid back bunch, and this episode just confirms that. No one cares, everyone has their own agenda, couldn’t give a shit about their fellow supporters and just see the pound signs of the Prem without any thought or emotion to what we should be as a club. 

I honestly thought we were better than that. But we are Reading FC 2023. 

7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Besides, I couldn’t really give a shit about that actually. It’s the absolute ******* apathy of most of our fanbase that’s actually got to me more! Half of the people I’ve seen comment today have had to ask “what are you moaning about”. It’s been 2 weeks, with Supporters Club meetings, hundreds (nay thousands) of posts on all forms of media, the club have had to release 3 statements on their pricing and most people STILL don’t have a clue what’s happening. 

I thought I was doing something for the good of a fanbase that was “different” to others, that looked out for each other, that had a unity and passion for keeping our club “real”, but clearly this is a minority view and most of our fans couldn’t give a shit about their fellow supporters. 

I honestly wish this football club all the best in its quest for regular top flight football, but the reality is that if we make the Prem, the best seats in the house will be taken by glory hunting armchair Man U/Liverpool fans who will contribute **** all to the matchday experience and once we go down again they will desert us, leaving a half empty sterile and quiet stadium. We are just a few years away from becoming a Reading or a Cardiff, with thousands of empty seats and a fanbase with an average age of over 50. 

Bristol Sport have truly missed a great opportunity to fill the stadium week on week with those who have a genuine interest in the welfare of the club. They’ve seen the dollar sign and made a bee-line straight for it and bore zero regard to its existing fanbase. And the majority are happy to lap it all up in their own personal selfish quest for top flight football so that they can banter with their Man U/Liverpool plastits at work. The ignorance and apathy of our fans is astounding. 

It’s amazing that everyone is so bothered about “not upsetting the players” and “don’t protest, we can still make the playoffs”, when many others are being forced to find an extra £300 to stay sat together as a family. It just makes me ******* sick to be honest and I felt strongly enough about it to try to help those affected. But everyone is so selfishly eyeing up the faintest hope of a playoff success that they’ve lost track of what this football club SHOULD be about. 

Bristolians have always been deemed as a very fickle and incredibly laid back bunch, and this episode just confirms that. No one cares, everyone has their own agenda, couldn’t give a shit about their fellow supporters and just see the pound signs of the Prem without any thought or emotion to what we should be as a club. 

:clap::clap:Great post mate.

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

In ABSOLUTELY NO WAY am I denigrating others who have started other threads recently, but we should have seen this coming.

Whilst this is happening, other hot threads on otib are: the p!ss poor taste of Heineken at the Gate; our ability to take corners; beating gas 22 years ago; not getting tickets for Burton on time (that's the killer for me, the fact that thread is still going...); and some manchester c*** who's dived, apparently. (Those who started these threads, no offence intended. Life goes on)

Whilst we have the creeping take over of BS on our hands and some of the fans sat next to us are facing a huge increase in price, many of us are debating Mark Hughes' appointment and Gustav Engvall's whereabouts. I don't expect the entire forum/board to be buzzing to the sound of protest, and I respect everyone's right s to debate whatever they like, but it says a lot that, 18 hours out from the next home game after this price hike for many, it's already losing/lost - apparently - its potency.

Sounds just like Reading FC to me. Or GB 2018. (I don't condone planting a F** YOU BS flag in the centre-circle, but we should do something.)

Having been there, I rather think the SSC Napoli forum or that of l'OM or Fiorentina or Rayo V would have shelved chat about whether the lager in the ground was as good as in town or not. We may not have the status of these clubs, but we should start somewhere or else we will be Reading, Cardiff etc.

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

I have seen your Facebook messages actually,and a few might have been a bit naughty but the rest were common sense .Im not a stalker by the way but when you post almost word for word on a certain Facebook page  with “harry” then we can all read it

seems to me that although it is the world we live in - if anyone is an active facebook, twitter (what ever that is) or forum poster - you have to know that you are going to get abuse even if you just say a lot of cider is lovely - just come off of those media forums and do what you believe  - if you are happy with your own decisions then stuff everyone else but don't be fooled that what is happening at our club is different - it is the future that society has brought upon itself

57 minutes ago, Harry said:

Your coating Bristol City fans off but remember it took longer than two weeks to get the open the EE campaign going. a lot longer.

Archived