IGNORED

UPDATE - THERE WILL BE NO WALKOUT - CANCELLED

Harry

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Wtf are you going on about ‘politically correct’? Nothing ‘politically correct’ about being pissed off about wanting to protect / stand up for the vulnerable in our society. It’s called decency. 

Singling our the Disabled, the young and the Elderly is playing the political correct/ emotive card.

That "is the F" that I'm on about. If an initiative by BS which effects so many people for so many different reasons is wrong then it's just plain wrong .

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes- fair point- I was wrongly including your majority/minority in with the OTIB poll bit.

The  point I was trying to make is that the majority of ST holders  see a different club to OTIB which is a tiny minority in terms of ST holders.

Which would be my point unless these fans were provided with factual information then surveyed by say the ST. 

I suspect if this occurred that significant themes would be identified = Bristol Sport have got this entirely wrong. 

3 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

So the club not pandering to OAP's (the genuine wealth of this country), the disabled (not necessarily the victims, compared to the Private Rent victims), and the kids - who are too entitled anyway - are being protested against.  

I agree Football is immoral.  I also believe the People need to stand up and take responsibility for themselves.

Almost expect corbyn to be down there tomorrow protesting against the city protesters 

6 minutes ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

So the club not pandering to OAP's (the genuine wealth of this country), the disabled (not necessarily the victims, compared to the Private Rent victims), and the kids - who are too entitled anyway - are being protested against.  

I agree Football is immoral.  I also believe the People need to stand up and take responsibility for themselves.

You do not pander to the disabled. You treat them with respect.

2 minutes ago, Cowshed said:

Which would be my point unless these fans were provided with factual information then surveyed by say the ST. 

I suspect if this occurred that significant themes would be identified = Bristol Sport have got this entirely wrong. 

And therein lies the problem and the great mistake- I hold three ST's- mine and my two sons. At no point was there any consultation whatsoever about ANY of the changes.

I'm totally peed off but still I'm  glad that a during match protest is cancelled.

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

And therein lies the problem and the great mistake- I hold three ST's- mine and my two sons. At no point was there any consultation whatsoever about ANY of the changes.

I'm totally peed off but still I'm  glad that a during match protest is cancelled.

Which completely destroys Jon Lansdown's reference to level playing field. Its their stage one.

11 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Singling our the Disabled, the young and the Elderly is playing the political correct/ emotive card.

That "is the F" that I'm on about. If an initiative by BS which effects so many people for so many different reasons is wrong then it's just plain wrong .

No it’s not. Because those demographics will, in general, struggle more than most to be able to afford the price hikes.  They have far less disposable income. So it’s not a one size fits all approach. But I agree that we should be protesting the disproportionate price rises against the common man amongst us also if that’s what you’re saying. 

If 30 or 40 or whatever tiny amount really do care, then it’s like real life on anything that goes by. There’s always 0.001% (or less in this case) who think they can start a moral revelation.

Move on.

Dont want to pay then :sub:

Bye-bye says the random spud emoticon.

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

If 30 or 40 or whatever tiny amount really do care, then it’s like real life on anything that goes by. There’s always 0.001% (or less in this case) who think they can start a moral revelation.

Move on.

I can't help but feel you may have missed the point and are adding 0.001% to this debate.

7 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Move on.

Will you be at Ashton Gate tomorrow?

Wouldnt mind showing you how much we care. Where can we meet up?

7 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Move on.

Superfan demigod alert.

Can you honestly say any of Bristol Sport's plans/attitudes during this whole situation are good and befit a supposed family club?

I won't pay. Others literally cannot pay. Doesn't matter because someone with more money will come and pay it eh? Doesn't matter if they're disabled or spreading a tiny pension thin for the rest of their lives.

Don't often say this seriously, but you're coming across as a whacking great**** here.

“If the kids are united, they will never be divided” unfortunately we are divided by class, greed , etc etc the time of fighting for any cause seems to be extinguished by nimbys or different class folk or don’t give a toss folk or I’m alright jack folk.

Revolution involves the word Love, if we love our team we fight for it! 

There is too much apathy not enough love for what is right! 

Football used to be for everyone now it’s seemingly for those rich folk. 

I love City but I give up on this corporate monstrosity.

3 hours ago, lenred said:

No it’s not. Because those demographics will, in general, struggle more than most to be able to afford the price hikes.  They have far less disposable income. So it’s not a one size fits all approach. But I agree that we should be protesting the disproportionate price rises against the common man amongst us also if that’s what you’re saying. 

Football is too expensive across the board and no matter of banter is going to change that, especially when it's agreed upon therein.  

Footballers paid tens of thousands, ***** paying thousands, for years .....

you have a problem... 

I see the only solution as being mass revolt.

The problem is: there's too many dumb ass sheep .... meh!!

The whinging therefore is stupid, Cupid.

Stop moaning and stop paying.

You create the world you live in.

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes- it is that easy.

last season the planned demonstrations against LJ as suggested on here never happened- and I was delighted.

this season the planned demonstration during a match re ST's has been cancelled- and I'm delighted.

We're talking about a mass protest and there isn't the stomach for it during a match and , sadly, I doubt there's one anywhere else. I'm writing to JL and will ring him but unless at least another 5000 do the same- I'm pissing in the wind.

You’re going to write to Jon Lansdown and ring him?

**** me that’ll sort things out.

As if he’ll give a shit.

You aren’t pissing in the wind Marina. You’re pissing into a hurricane - and Jon and his dad will be laughing.

They simply don’t give a shit. About BCFC or the true, loyal supporter.

38 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

You aren’t pissing in the wind Marina. You’re pissing into a hurricane - and Jon and his dad will be laughing.

They simply don’t give a shit. About BCFC or the true, loyal supporter.

I sort of understand and agree with your earlier comment (about purchasing food/drinks outside of the ground), but I think this one is somewhat wide of the mark. 

6 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Move on.

Ha, taking this the piss out of people who care rather than engaging in debate. Enjoy the next 15 years of the project.

Now... i think I've obviously missed something here and can't be arsed to read the whole thread but seriously?

Walkout?!?!! :blink:

You realise a dozen revolutionaries leaving the ground won't even be noticed... 

Also I think it's a bit of an over reaction.  Football is expensive. That'll never change. My bank account is massively overdrawn but I don't get offered cheap rates. I'll find a way though and get me and kids tickets as always!

10 hours ago, Harry said:

It’s quite clear. Sit down and take it up the ass and do nowt about it. 

Thats what the majority want. Go for your life. Do what you want. I couldn’t give a shit any more mate. 

Its a very English disease. Far more revolt if the wrong person is voted off that Strictly Come Dancing thingy. 

8 minutes ago, Barney red said:

Don't let the b****** get you down at least you have the balls to stand up for what you believe in.

Exactly. Sometimes it's hard. Personally I've chased causes for month after month and it's demoralising when others tell you you're wasting your time. 

You sound like the sort of person who succeeds in life rather than a shrinking violet. 

7 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Move on.

' don't want to pay them bye bye?'

It's not just about money. But you really seem like a lovely bloke so I think I will move on before I get more warning points and another ban.

8 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

How very politically correct of you to specify the emotive groups. I have made it perfectly clear in every post on this subject that I'm against the changes( not the price rises)but it's getting silly on here and too many want a rant but aren't bothered to make an effort to really effect change. Like I've said about 5 times now- write a letter and make a phone call - posting on here achieves nothing at Bristol Sport

Marina, just to let you know that your post was straight to the point. I think, however, that some were looking for a leader or even inspiration as to what to do.

Harry needs to be commended for at least trying something and for using social media. The problem has been shown up that it was left too late for today's match to fully guage opinion. Too much time was wasted. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

It's never too late though to make a change. Set a date and go for it. Some could do individual stuff whilst others might want to do something as a collective, as long as it's peaceful and legal.

13 minutes ago, Badger08 said:

Been there. I lashed out at everyone as it got to me. People simply dont understand how much effort goes into these things, and the personal abuse you get is unreal. Dont let them get to you like they did with me. 

I dont know how @Dollymarie deals with it sometimes over the years.

Keep going. 

I grew broad shoulders years ago and realised that those that like to be horrible to fellow fans have their own issues and just want to drag everyone else down to their level. 

I also realised that shutting up and going away plays right into the clubs hands, because they’d love it if they just made raft after raft of decisions, and no one questioned it. 

5 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

Football is too expensive across the board and no matter of banter is going to change that, especially when it's agreed upon therein.  

Footballers paid tens of thousands, ***** paying thousands, for years .....

you have a problem... 

I see the only solution as being mass revolt.

The problem is: there's too many dumb ass sheep .... meh!!

The whinging therefore is stupid, Cupid.

Stop moaning and stop paying.

You create the world you live in.

Gasheads have been revolting for as long as I can remember...... It hasn't got them very far has it?   :farmer:

I do think the club have got what they wanted: Price increases (tick). A divide in fan groups, the singing section is split and collapsing, no more flags or input, many people walking away (tick) No chance, or very little ,of any protest today, so no bad publicity (tick) and the SC&T making up the money on some people’s tickets, well the club doesn’t care where the money comes from just that it is paid (tick). 

I personally think we have rolled over and now set a precedent to accept whatever they damn well like to throw at us. 

#MakingBristolSad

Archived