IGNORED

What is the role of the SC&T?

General Zod

I ask this question in good faith and as someone who has been left disappointed with our response to the season ticket fiasco.  I was expecting coordination, rallying cry to the troops and a forceful response.  This isn’t a dig.  Was I expecting too much?  I guess they are not a union.

7 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

To attempt to appear useful but ultimately do very little.

Bit harsh. Remember it's voulantiry so if you can do any better putt your time in!

They have responded but doesn't mean you agree with the response. But this is not the time to turn on them. Turn on the club !

2 minutes ago, Spoons said:

Bit harsh. Remember it's voulantiry so if you can do any better putt your time in!

They have responded but doesn't mean you agree with the response. But this is not the time to turn on them. Turn on the club !

Only joking in fairness, not actually even sure what their role is!

17 minutes ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I don’t really get the purpose either apart from a private members bar with a bouncer that I assume the club pays for. 

They certainly aren't a union who fight for the common fan. 

They should have been all over this latest ticket fiasco. 

I can assure you that supporters on SC&T work bloody hard on all supporters behalf whether individually or collectively.

I think you should stop moaning at a brilliant group of volunteers who give their time to represent YOU!

But they are always on the lookout for other good committed fans to join them, which I am sure you will now join!!

Just contact @Dollymarie for details and if you can't be bothered to help, stop criticising those who do!

Just for clarification, I am not a member but hopefully will be before the match today.

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

I ask this question in good faith and as someone who has been left disappointed with our response to the season ticket fiasco.  I was expecting coordination, rallying cry to the troops and a forceful response.  This isn’t a dig.  Was I expecting too much?  I guess they are not a union.

Go to the fanzone on the OS. 

1 hour ago, ziderheadarmy said:

I don’t really get the purpose either apart from a private members bar with a bouncer that I assume the club pays for. 

They certainly aren't a union who fight for the common fan. 

They should have been all over this latest ticket fiasco. 

A bouncer, really? Why would they need a bouncer?!

To me they exist to give a small number of fans an excuse to fell like they are more important than most of the fans at the gate,

Proved by having there own private bit of the club where they can look down on the less worthy fans,

They never fight for the fans as they don't want the club to take away there privileged position,

That's how it looks to a lot of people anyway,

Thanks for all the replies.  Do SC&T speak in unison for its members in the same way a union would or is that not the remit?  Like I said earlier I was really disappointed with the response and the lack of action or even a plan of action which originally I thought SC&T were going to coordinate from some of the threads I have been reading.  This has showed me how hard it is to rally the troops and Is something we as fans need to do better.  We’re SC&T members emailed and asked to vote on responses/action to see the level of interest in standing up to Bristol Sport?  Will there be changes to any future dealings with the club on the back of this?

26 minutes ago, winsaw said:

To me they exist to give a small number of fans an excuse to fell like they are more important than most of the fans at the gate,

Proved by having there own private bit of the club where they can look down on the less worthy fans,

They never fight for the fans as they don't want the club to take away there privileged position,

That's how they look to you.

Feel free to join. Then you'll have access to the SC&T bar and you'll soon form a different opinion.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Feel free to join. Then you'll have access to the SC&T bar and you'll soon form a different opinion.

That's not just how it looks to me mate, but a lot of city fans I know,

It's just a little private member's club that dose nothing for most of the fans,

If your know different please tell me just what they have done for me this season as I got no idea,

4 minutes ago, winsaw said:

That's not just how it looks to me mate, but a lot of city fans I know,

It's just a little private member's club that dose nothing for most of the fans,

If your know different please tell me just what they have done for me this season as I got no idea,

It's open to all fans and you need to be a member to acces the bar. It's very simple.

The SC&T is run by volunteers who give up their free time and most of whom have full time jobs. 

Can I ask what you do for the club and fans?

Firstly, for all those asking, click on http://bristolcitysupporters.org and click menu, then go down to "about".

Secondly, it's not about giving a few fans a bit more of a chance to lord it. I'm a member and I don't have a ST or have ever been in the bar!!! What sort of "lord" does that make me?

Yes emails were sent out asking for a response and yes, the supporters club is ran by volunteers in their spare time. Don't forget, it was SCAT that organised the Atyeo statue. It's SCAT that are part of taking the West Mids OB to court. It's SCAT that have to be the middle men between City and the fans in general.

So to attack the post and not the poster (I now have a warning point, thanks @Maesknoll Red :thumbsup:), your post is a complete prat and I suggest your post gets off its arse and does some actual research before it opens it's big mouth again... @winsaw

53 minutes ago, winsaw said:

A well put argument. Something we should all listen too and learn from.

So for daring to ask what they do for me I get told by one of there members to shut up and not open my mouth again,

Really it's no wonder so many don't want anything to do with them,

Your very response just shows that u do see your self as a elite who should be above criticism, 

The things you list as having done have had zero impact on my match day at the gate, maybe you should be spending your time on more important things than a statue,

How can you represent the fans if you sit somewhere where most fans can't go before the game so can't talk to u and ask u questions, 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It's open to all fans and you need to be a member to acces the bar. It's very simple.

The SC&T is run by volunteers who give up their free time and most of whom have full time jobs. 

Can I ask what you do for the club and fans?

What do you do for the club and fans? 

Well last Thursday I received a refund of just over £60 on my purchase of 2018/19 season ticket, as a direct result of the actions of the SC&T. Thank You.

Money I have already pledged to donate to the fund they have proposed to help younger fans attend games at Ashton Gate. Great idea.

5 minutes ago, Dave said:

Well last Thursday I received a refund of just over £60 on my purchase of 2018/19 season ticket, as a direct result of the actions of the SC&T. Thank You.

Money I have already pledged to donate to the fund they have proposed to help younger fans attend games at Ashton Gate. Great idea.

A generous offer Dave and one which will be very well received I’m sure.  Unfortunately for me, it would appear that Bristol Sport didn’t even take away from the meeting a commitment to consider the central Dolman or Lansdown pricing so I’m guess I’m in the same position I was in when the prices were announced, just a few more days to find the cash.

50 minutes ago, Dave said:

Can I politely ask why you got a refund of £60 on your season ticket for next season? Cheers...

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Can I politely ask why you got a refund of £60 on your season ticket for next season? Cheers...

No problem.

As I am a wheelchair using supporter who sits in A10 of the Dolman Stand and £60 was the reduction from the originally quoted price, to the revised 15% reduced price.

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

Been a member since day one. Don’t want to sit in a bar with you though. Ever. 

Archived