IGNORED

What is the role of the SC&T?

General Zod

3 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Based on what? 

As far as I'm aware, we've never met.

I wouldn't worry. 

Half the people on here I disagree with. Wouldn't mind sharing a pint with (most of)  them at AG though. Would make for an interesting chin wag. A few exceptions (the abusive ones). 

19 hours ago, winsaw said:

So for daring to ask what they do for me I get told by one of there members to shut up and not open my mouth again,

Really it's no wonder so many don't want anything to do with them,

Your very response just shows that u do see your self as a elite who should be above criticism, 

The things you list as having done have had zero impact on my match day at the gate, maybe you should be spending your time on more important things than a statue,

How can you represent the fans if you sit somewhere where most fans can't go before the game so can't talk to u and ask u questions, 

Who did you speak to?

Not sure who you have been speaking with either winsaw. For your benefit and possibly for others too, we:

Brought about the recent movement on season ticket prices and deadlines through campaigning and constructive conversation with the football club

Are in the midst of fighting a legal case with West Midlands Police on behalf of supporters mis-treated at Birmingham, for which we are paying the legal costs.

Organise and pay for the annual player and supporter of season awards.

Launched, administer and pay for the Bristol City Hall of Fame

Consulted widely on the stadium design and have since registered it as an asset of community interest

Commemorated the Ashton Gate 8 through a major event and producing a plaque

Organise and run Q&A sessions in pubs at away games with Steve Lansdown

Canvassed widely fans opinions, designed and commissioned the Atyeo statue

Produced a book of supporters favourite memories called City 'til I Die, with 600 being distributed free to local schools

Pay for this forum www.otib.co.uk

Are at the forefront of supporting the campaign for safe standing

Campaigned widely on issues like opening the East End, employing an SLO and reduction of fees on ticket sales

Purchased surfer flags and chipped in for other match day initiatives like Red & White Nights

And yes, there is a bar that we paid to decorate and furnish which is open to members before games and to non-members at half time and after the game and for beam backs.

Yesterday, as Chair, you would have found me in a pub around the ground before the game (not in the supporters bar) and then holding up a banner pre-game to protest about the ongoing issue of socially engineering friends and families to move seats through economic sanctions. When the game started, I was fully behind the team getting 3 points.

All of this (and I have probably forgotten plenty of things) is done on a voluntary basis and at huge expense in time and money by a small group of people.

Thank you for asking the questions and making the points you made. I suppose what this tells me is that as a supporters group we need to do more to promote what we do and make people aware.

If you would like to join, you can find us on Facebook and Twitter and at http://bristolcitysupporters.org/supporter-info/

Cheers

Stu

59 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

Who did you speak to?

They responded to my post further up.

For what it's worth @winsaw, it was your post I attacked as per the rules of OTIB.

I am not elite. Far from it. 

I listed just a few things that SCAT do. Did you even look at the website I suggested? It has more info on what SCAT do there. Surprisingly, it also has a contact button so you can email the head of SCAT with your enquiries.

I do not represent SCAT at all. I am not on the board of SCAT or FAN. I am simply a member because I choose to be. I don't go to games all that often but if I could have a ST, I would. But I can't.

As to your match Day experience, did you know you can still visit the SCAT bar and speak to Trina or Dolly who can also answer enquiries? Or they can get Stu or Mike who are also well placed to answer questions? 

You are clearly a WUM with a very big chip on your shoulder and you obviously like to jump in feet first without full facts. May I politely suggest you do some actual research and then get back to me. 

Sending hugs babes *mwah* :hug:

Edit: Stu aka @thatcham red just nailed it so much better than myself.

44 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

They responded to my post further up.

For what it's worth @winsaw, it was your post I attacked as per the rules of OTIB.

I am not elite. Far from it. 

I listed just a few things that SCAT do. Did you even look at the website I suggested? It has more info on what SCAT do there. Surprisingly, it also has a contact button so you can email the head of SCAT with your enquiries.

I do not represent SCAT at all. I am not on the board of SCAT or FAN. I am simply a member because I choose to be. I don't go to games all that often but if I could have a ST, I would. But I can't.

As to your match Day experience, did you know you can still visit the SCAT bar and speak to Trina or Dolly who can also answer enquiries? Or they can get Stu or Mike who are also well placed to answer questions? 

You are clearly a WUM with a very big chip on your shoulder and you obviously like to jump in feet first without full facts. May I politely suggest you do some actual research and then get back to me. 

Sending hugs babes *mwah* :hug:

Edit: Stu aka @thatcham red just nailed it so much better than myself.

I meant winsaw , who did he speak to at the SCAT to be told to shut up and go away.

The SCAT do a great job, some fans just want to attack others for no real reason. 

Attacking the SCaT for having no effect on your match day experience is as stupid as attacking the Club for having first aiders in attendance at games. 

You may never have needed them but they'll be there for you if you do. 

I'm not a member but I just don't get the animosity to those who are. 

43 minutes ago, AshtonPark said:

I meant winsaw , who did he speak to at the SCAT to be told to shut up and go away.

The SCAT do a great job, some fans just want to attack others for no real reason. 

I was sat on the front desk welcoming members, registering new ones and advising others wanting to join up what their options were from 11am until 2:15 yesterday, so it wouldn’t have been me :) 

It’s like a union, aiming to protect supporters who are as stuck with their choice of Club as many employees are stuck with their choice of employer; both are susceptible when business decision makers put the pursuit of profit first. The Supporters Club & Trust provides a meeting place and community like the Supporters Club always has, while using the principles of the Supporters Trust movement to engage the Club’s management to make informed and considered decisions.

Having been involved with the Supporters Trust for 13 years I know that we’ve helped to improve the supporter experience in numerous ways. In addition to the points listed by Thatcham Red, we’ve provided regular input into decisions made by Club officials on dozens of occasions over the years, usually unseen and quietly behind the scenes.

We can explain and help the Club understand how potential actions may play out and we can do that in a clear, forthright way. The incomes of all board members are independent of the Club which means we can speak candidly and freely. We know that all Club officials are good people doing their best and we talk constructively and cooperatively.

In my opinion the Club has made a dangerous shift in stance in recent months and has chosen not to consult and to distance itself from supporters. The Season Ticket proposals were made without consultation and they are, in my opinion, the worst set of proposals put forward by the Club in my time of being involved with the Trust. Mark Ashton has undertaken some reactive consultation, mainly focussing on the Club’s desire to communicate the reasons for their decisions. To my knowledge, Jon Lansdown (heading up Bristol Sport who proposed the terms to the Bristol City board) has had no contact with the Supporters Club & Trust or FAN.

The Supporters Club & Trust can make your voice heard either through direct consultation or the media but we cannot make the decision makers listen or act. Ultimately if they don’t want to take our counsel, they and we must live with the consequences. They now know all the arguments and are sticking to their guns.  

I think the role of the Supporters Club & Trust is to gauge the mood of supporters. If there’s a grass roots desire for protests that are legal and safe, we’ll back it. If, as it may appear, the consensus is not to protest then despite that being a disappointment to me, I think the Supporters Club & Trust has to stay representative rather than leading action that perhaps the majority of supporters would disagree with.

For as long as the Supporters Club & Trust can stay balanced and professional it can retain the ear of the media. If, as it seems to me, we are entering a period where BCFC see supporter consultation as superfluous then I think we’re at a point where making sure our voice is heard by the local and national media as being representative, balanced and fair is more important than ever. If they don’t want to consult supporters, they need to know that all their decisions will play out to public scrutiny and debate after the event, with all the reputational risks connected with that.

3 hours ago, Dollymarie said:

I was sat on the front desk welcoming members, registering new ones and advising others wanting to join up what their options were from 11am until 2:15 yesterday, so it wouldn’t have been me :) 

No doubt he won’t want a face to face chat with any one from you lot if you asked 

Archived