IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

myol'man

1 hour ago, mozo said:

You also have to consider that Ipswich were trying to target him all game, trying to take advantage of his naivety, but he handled it well. I'd say he made less mistakes than Wright today.

Potentially a big future

Boy did Mick McCarthy get that instruction wrong!

"Target their left-back because he's a youngster without much senior match experience.  He'll be the weakest link."

WRONG!

The noticeable thing for me was that he seemed to be the one that, rather than be happy with 68% possession and no threat, pushed us on in the second half - even before the cross. That speaks to confidence and seniority beyond his age and has to be a great sign.

There were moments of immaturity - eg he was cover on a corner in the first half and put an aimless ball in which let them break. This time next year he’ll hold that and wait for the shape. But that’s nitpicking - in the whole, very, very good

Thought he did well, but for me had to believe in himself a bit more in the first half. A few times I was willing him to take the initiative, but didn’t. Can only comment on the first half, as left at half time! Seems he did well second half as well. What a great pair potentially to have on the left side we have. COYR 

Pack was my MOTM but Kelly did impress. Played a safe game to start with and grew into it.

My only gripe were the fans I could hear nearby telling him to run up field more.

It’s clear that he wanted to avoid mistakes and the other players encouraged him through the match, so fair play to them.

4 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

I see some opinions on this site, but @swanker rubbishing the above takes the biscuit, :facepalm:

Didn’t agree with the superlatives. I rate the kid and he deserved his man of the match. Ipswich we very poor going forward though and offered no threat at all. The entire back four looked at ease through most of the game. We could have played without a keeper and they wouldn’t have scored. Easy game for Kelly, I bet he’s been tested more playing for the reserves. 

He’s no Joe Bryan in an attacking sense, but I wouldn’t expect him to be this early in his career. If he can add that to his game, that attacking drive, both inside and outside, that Joe’s got, he’ll make it. Very solid player defensively, and he can build on that. 

3 minutes ago, swanker said:

Didn’t agree with the superlatives. I rate the kid and he deserved his man of the match. Ipswich we very poor going forward though and offered no threat at all. The entire back four looked at ease through most of the game. We could have played without a keeper and they wouldn’t have scored. Easy game for Kelly, I bet he’s been tested more playing for the reserves. 

You have no problem with superlatives when it comes to over exaggerating negativity though

I've said in the past, that he has all the attributes to go the whole way. The player with the most potential at the Club imo.

I hope we don't try to play him at CB in the future...he has great reading of the game, good athleticism and one of the best crossers of a ball.

2 hours ago, BCFC Richard said:

Mags was talking to him a lot and helping him out and I actually think that helped Mags have a better game. Him being the more senior player and having an extra layer of responsibility with Kelly alongside made him have a much more composed mature performance - until the injury of course.

Mags was excellent albeit against a poir attack but for me he is learning  every game . Some quality distribution . 

22 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Pack was my MOTM but Kelly did impress. Played a safe game to start with and grew into it.

My only gripe were the fans I could hear nearby telling him to run up field more.

It’s clear that he wanted to avoid mistakes and the other players encouraged him through the match, so fair play to them.

Pack MOM for me also today . Some quality passing and lot of  energy / effort . 

When you include Vyner and some of the other youngsters, I can’t recall there ever being a time when there appears to be a clear pipeline of players coming through who look like they will be the core of the team in the next four or five years.

We’ve just not been good at this, certainly in the last couple of decades.  It is a disappointment that we’ve not been able to maintain the form of earlier in the season, but the future does look bright.

3 hours ago, hodge said:

Wasn't there, good enough to keep in the side and push Joe up to LM?

That is what I'd do. Lloyd should play every game for rest of season. I saw him and Vyner playing for Wade Elliott under 23's at Taunton in a pre season game and thought both looked great prospects. 

With Zak Vyner also doing well at Argyle, I look forward to seeing them both regularly in the first team next season. And maybe Taylor Moore also. The future defensively is bright. 

18 minutes ago, East End Old Boy said:

What do you consider to be his best position, where he played today?

I think his natural talent would be stifled at CB.

He has an eye for a great cross, and space. Plus speed. Why waste that effective part of his play at CB.

It would be a great shame imo.

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

Bloody hell, you're like a primary school kid with that :laugh:

Cheer up, we won.

James have ever seen the film Scanners? I fear your going that way.  Don't worry about all the doom and gloom mongs, in their hearts they want us to win really.

It's just getting carried away after a good start and having visions of grandeur. Most of us know where we are and what could be possible in the long term.

Anyway enjoy the ride and if we make the play offs don't get to mad with people that didn't believe. or your ****** head might explode!!!!!

Archived