IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly

myol'man

34 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

James have ever seen the film Scanners? I fear your going that way.  Don't worry about all the doom and gloom mongs, in their hearts they want us to win really.

It's just getting carried away after a good start and having visions of grandeur. Most of us know where we are and what could be possible in the long term.

Anyway enjoy the ride and if we make the play offs don't get to mad with people that didn't believe. or your ****** head might explode!!!!!

Never seen it, is it good?

51 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

James have ever seen the film Scanners? I fear your going that way.  Don't worry about all the doom and gloom mongs, in their hearts they want us to win really.

It's just getting carried away after a good start and having visions of grandeur. Most of us know where we are and what could be possible in the long term.

Anyway enjoy the ride and if we make the play offs don't get to mad with people that didn't believe. or your ****** head might explode!!!!!

Thought I'd add I'm not mad at anyone, but called out someone for spreading bullshit the other day so they give me a nice little name calling whenever they respond to me.

Ive also acquired my own personal OTIB stalker in @BS4 on Tour... who will either rubbish whatever I post, or try so hard to argue that he will ignore what's been written several times, or twist what has been written to apply his own meaning. If neither of those then he uses pedantry on an extreme level to try and prove a point, rather amusing really.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Thought I'd add I'm not mad at anyone, but called out someone for spreading bullshit the other day so they give me a nice little name calling whenever they respond to me.

Ive also acquired my own personal OTIB stalker in @BS4 on Tour... who will either rubbish whatever I post, or try so hard to argue that he will ignore what's been written several times, or twist what has been written to apply his own meaning. If neither of those then he uses pedantry on an extreme level to try and prove a point, rather amusing really.

Grow up....I’m certainly not, and never will be, a ‘stalker’ ...... your post above is incorrect and concerning....you  obviously cannot accept other posters interacting with you and disagreeing with you. I find it disturbing....I will just ignore you from now on and I probably should have ignored you for quite some time....that’s my fault...

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Grow up....I’m certainly not, and never will be, a ‘stalker’ ...... your post above is incorrect and concerning....you  obviously cannot accept other posters interacting with you and disagreeing with you. I find it disturbing....I will just ignore you from now on and I probably should have ignored you for quite some time....that’s my fault...

No issue with people disagreeing with me.

I do have an issue with people being deliberately deceitful and dishonest, as you were multiple times when 'debating' with me over the last week.

You have literally rubbished or pointlessly argued with 90% of my recent posts and have tagged me into threads I hadn't even commented on to try and draw me into arguments, your inability to leave any of my posts alone is a bit stalkerish.

Nethertheless if you are indeed blocking me I won't have to worry about you twisting my words any more, so there's a positive.

7 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No issue with people disagreeing with me.

I do have an issue with people being deliberately deceitful and dishonest, as you were multiple times when 'debating' with me over the last week.

You have literally rubbished or pointlessly argued with 90% of my recent posts and have tagged me into threads I hadn't even commented on to try and draw me into arguments, your inability to leave any of my posts alone is a bit stalkerish.

Nethertheless if you are indeed blocking me I won't have to worry about you twisting my words any more, so there's a positive.

I have NEVER been deceitful or dishonest.....that is absolute rubbish....I am furious you feel you can accuse me of that in a relaxed and smug way... sorry you seem to misinterpret words....please, just ignore me from now on, I will undoubtedly do the same with regard to your ‘posts’....

41 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Never seen it, is it good?

Yeah, film directed  by David  Cronenberg  horror type thing from 19.81 give it a look.

Just read your tit tat with BS4  what's the point? Not taking his side James you come across as a good lad. So let it go this having a row on the internet to me is well ****** sad.  But to be fair i'm old as **** and would rather listen to (tsop) A few on here knows what that is.

Chill brothers.

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I have NEVER been deceitful or dishonest.....that is absolute rubbish....I am furious you feel you can accuse me of that in a relaxed and smug way... sorry you seem to misinterpret words....please, just ignore me from now on, I will undoubtedly do the same with regard to your ‘posts’....

Sorry BS4  but why do you get so upset and reply with such passion against someone you have or ever likely to never meet.?

Not taking sides here as I couldn't give a ****, but how people can get upset about conversations with CITY FANS you don't know is strange to me. Anyway result today.

19 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

You have misrepresented my own views in responses to my in the last few days, or completely ignored aspects of a post which clarified another point, only to then misrepresent that point.

Misrepresenting my views, particularly as you did on the thread on Tuesday where I hadnt even expressed any views, is both deceitful and dishonest.

You're entitled to be angry at that lable, but it doesn't stop it having a basis in truth.

Nethertheless this will be my last comment in such a tit for tat with you. It's a pity it descended into this as I used to think of you as a decent enough poster even if I didnt always agree, but the respect I had for you as a poster diminished rapidly through your 'debate' methods this week.

With all that said it takes two to argue and I shouldn't have stooped to your level, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

10 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Sorry BS4  but why do you get so upset and reply with such passion against someone you have or ever likely to never meet.?

Not taking sides here as I couldn't give a ****, but how people can get upset about conversations with CITY FANS you don't know is strange to me. Anyway result today.

I was just defending myself against a poster who posts rubbish, I do apologise though ....

3 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You have misrepresented my own views in responses to my in the last few days, or completely ignored aspects of a post which clarified another point, only to then misrepresent that point.

Misrepresenting my views, particularly as you did on the thread on Tuesday where I hadnt even expressed any views, is both deceitful and dishonest.

You're entitled to be angry at that lable, but it doesn't stop it having a basis in truth.

Nethertheless this will be my last comment in such a tit for tat with you. It's a pity it descended into this as I used to think of you as a decent enough poster even if I didnt always agree, but the respect I had for you as a poster diminished rapidly through your 'debate' methods this week.

With all that said it takes two to argue and I shouldn't have stooped to your level, enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Heres a song for you two to listen to.   When someone loves you back.  Teddy  Pendergast.

I love Kelly and so pleased he got a "one of our own" song.

Pleased that he started but tbh in the first 15-20 mins he looked scared to go forward and played most of his passes backwards. It was noticeable that in the early stages when he got himself into really good positions ( in acres of space) his team mates chose to pass elsewhere. 

I sit near the the pitch in the LS and after several back passes- there was a collective groan of disappointment so how did Lloyd react? He got determined , got forward and, hey presto, got the ball and got it forward.He came out a different player entirely in the second half so there may well be credit due to the coaching staff.

I can't ever remember watching a young City player growing into a match as much as Lloyd did today- it was almost as if he started as a rabbit and ended as a fox.

Massive tribute to him from Ipswich today and Clough at Burton last week. Same for Zak at Plymouth.

If we don't make the play offs then so be it but there's enough to suggest we've become a serious Championship side. 

Off topic.... Pisano was thrilling in his first 90 mins since injury although his never say die attitude does carry risks of another injury- well done to him too.

11 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Unbelievable talent. Actually looked a class above, and he's only 19 ffs. So composed, yet aggressive and strong in his aerial duals. I'm not one for completely changing my mind after one game, but id seriously think about pushing joe on to left midfeld, with lloyd at left back. And I like joe at left back, but Kelly has to play. 

I am often found surprised at the significant number of people who rate Joe Bryan at left back. Even LJ says 'he is a left back'. Strange. Every time I watch Joe Bryan I think of him as a natural left midfielder; yes he is one of the best tacklers in our team, if not the best, with those angled twisting tackles, they are mind blowingly good at times but that is not all what defending is about and cannot be expected to be in the exact right place all of the time. Going forward he runs at defenses and often scares the living daylights out of them and has an end product as a cross or a shot on goal. But left back? No. He often gets caught out of position or is simply not strong enough to stand his ground. Look at that situation where Pack had to try and cover for him and promptly lost the ball for Wolves to score the winner or situations similar to that. The lad has a dynamo of a heart but I do not think, and many others concur with this, that he is best in the left back role. Kelly coming in may provide the excuse to push Joe forward..

11 hours ago, ZiderEyed said:

Is he?

Rather have Bryan at LM, especially if it means Kelly gets game time.

I have seen Kelly once live; cannot remember the match but he was brilliant. Now is his time. Wholeheartedly agree with these sentiments. Bryan simply has to play in left midfield.

8 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Yeah, and anyone can scroll back up this post and see who likes to start an argument. Some people like to throw a punch and then run screaming when punched back. Grow up you blow up!

15 hours ago, spudski said:

I've said in the past, that he has all the attributes to go the whole way. The player with the most potential at the Club imo.

I hope we don't try to play him at CB in the future...he has great reading of the game, good athleticism and one of the best crossers of a ball.

Agree.

Also, Not every cross needs to be whipped in at pace. With someone like Djuric you need to give him that split second more to adjust to the flight, because he will win most of them. Just miss out the first man and give him something to attack....which was what Lloyd did. 

19 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Agree.

Also, Not every cross needs to be whipped in at pace. With someone like Djuric you need to give him that split second more to adjust to the flight, because he will win most of them. Just miss out the first man and give him something to attack....which was what Lloyd did. 

Duric has immense strength...he holds off the defender so well. he's like a brick shit house. He's so clever at his positioning and the way he holds his body to block players attempts to intervene. Incredible strength. I'm looking forward to a fit Duric for a whole season.

2 minutes ago, spudski said:

Duric has immense strength...he holds off the defender so well. he's like a brick shit house. He's so clever at his positioning and the way he holds his body to block players attempts to intervene. Incredible strength. I'm looking forward to a fit Duric for a whole season.

Definitely. Very good player . Shame he’s been injured most of the season. Would of caused a lot of damage 

17 hours ago, Simon79 said:

Thought he did well, but for me had to believe in himself a bit more in the first half. A few times I was willing him to take the initiative, but didn’t. Can only comment on the first half, as left at half time! Seems he did well second half as well. What a great pair potentially to have on the left side we have. COYR 

shame you missed a cracking second half.

I really thought (and hoped) that this forum had got over the obsession with Bryan being more of a LM than LB.

Looking at his attributes, technically and physically, he is far more suited to being a LB. For example, he doesn't have the skill or the ball control to keep the ball close to him in crowded situations (something Paterson and Reid are fantastic at) but what he does have is the ability to make runs from deep and catch defenders on their heels with his good but not outrageous pace. Given he is a very capable defender and can handle himself, I think this makes him much more suited to playing an attacking full back role than as a wide midfielder / winger.

It goes without saying that he can still improve positional awareness and defensive positioning but this is IMO the hardest aspects of football that can be very hard to balance as an attacking full back.

Lloyd Kelly has a different build, i.e. he is 6ft+ and perhaps not quite as mobile as Bryan, which is I think why he sees his long term future at CB. However, as we saw yesterday, Kelly does have a fantastic cross from deep in his locker which makes him capable of playing a more defensive full back role or as a LCB in a back 3.

9 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I am often found surprised at the significant number of people who rate Joe Bryan at left back. Even LJ says 'he is a left back'. Strange. Every time I watch Joe Bryan I think of him as a natural left midfielder; yes he is one of the best tacklers in our team, if not the best, with those angled twisting tackles, they are mind blowingly good at times but that is not all what defending is about and cannot be expected to be in the exact right place all of the time. Going forward he runs at defenses and often scares the living daylights out of them and has an end product as a cross or a shot on goal. But left back? No. He often gets caught out of position or is simply not strong enough to stand his ground. Look at that situation where Pack had to try and cover for him and promptly lost the ball for Wolves to score the winner or situations similar to that. The lad has a dynamo of a heart but I do not think, and many others concur with this, that he is best in the left back role. Kelly coming in may provide the excuse to push Joe forward..

I have seen Kelly once live; cannot remember the match but he was brilliant. Now is his time. Wholeheartedly agree with these sentiments. Bryan simply has to play in left midfield.

The modern full back plays the full length of the pitch... Plays. It is also where many teams leave space so the individual playing there should be a player of technical ability. 

These players will get caught out of position because the role means they play the full length of the pitch ... It will happen and in many team the adjustment is holding midfielders cover. 

Not strong enough etc ... Its technical first. 

The comments about Kelly are interesting regarding composure on the ball ... Its technical again. Some of the academy teams see Keepers wandering about outside of the box being composed on the ball, full backs playing pushed up and centre backs playing deep splitting sweeping balls side to side and looking at ease on the ball ... Its technical first.

Watching these teams play does make you think that maybe, just maybe Bristol City's future and the talk of identity is realistic as the structure, coaching, ideas and will really is there now.  

Shouldn't all footballers be composed on the thing their profession is based on!

8 hours ago, swanker said:

Yeah, and anyone can scroll back up this post and see who likes to start an argument. Some people like to throw a punch and then run screaming when punched back. Grow up you blow up!

Yeah, calling out hypocrisy is really starting an argument.

Take some of your own advice, if you cannot post without a feeble attempt at an insult I'll have to ignore you.

I thought Magners was MOM at Burton and, in my view, was only bettered by Lloyd Kelly v Ipswich.

He is a talent.

What is really impressive is his composure. He reads the game very well, he is deceptively quick and good on the ball.

Kelly assured and classy for me. May be the millions ploughed into the Academy is finally about to pay off.

Duric is a talent. Has the same approach to play as Flinty... love it. If he can develop his game a bit, could well be a top, top forward.

Archived