IGNORED

AG1 - Portway P&R

littlered

Hope those of you who live further up the Portway who were forced to disembark at the Park and Ride are now home and warm.

Would strongly suggest putting a complaint in to First as it is not the first time the drivers of the AG1 have been misinformed, or just downright dim. Fancy thinking you know more about the route than the fans who get the same bus to football every week!!

5 hours ago, hodge said:

I'll say first I don't use the system but have considered it a few times so interested in how it runs, but looking on their website it says the AG1 runs from The Robins to the park and ride?

https://www.firstgroup.com/uploads/node_images/Bus time table AG1.pdf

It normally stops along the way at other points on The Portway.

I’d assume this time it didn’t and passed all the stops before making everyone get off at the P&R. May be wrong though!

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

I’d assume this time it didn’t and passed all the stops before making everyone get off at the P&R. May be wrong though!

I use this route and can say that I’d have be incandescent with rage if this had been the case as Mrs Cider had the tea on n everything....:yawn:

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Yep, that's what happened!

I hope people managed to get a bus rather than walk the 2 miles back up the road!

This is the 'Route map'.

Screenshot_20180318-010451.jpg

Was driving back past the ground approx 17:40pm ish towards hotwells.and either a AG1/AG2 or maybe both

Thought it was a bit late then noticed the bus's turnaround at the roundabout.

Not sure if the bus was coming back to pick City fans from outside the retail Park

Not sure if drivers were instructed to run non stop to the Park and ride

On 3/17/2018 at 18:38, MrBibs said:

AG2 was piss poor too. Got to the stop as soon as we could after the final whistle and the bus was full. Next one turned up at 5:40. 

No point complaining to them n my experience. Back to going by car  next match for me

I must have been just ahead of you Mr B. There were 2 AG2's waiting at the stop when I got there. The first was just pulling away (how early did they leave??) and the second was pretty full but I managed to squeeze on.

The assumption must be that the bus you caught must have been the first one doing a second trip.

Just to play Devil's advocate, opposite the Spanish Bar on North Street are plans for 2 x new tower blocks of designer flats, along with multiple new build homes (in the old brewery area). No mentioned in the plans of parking to accommodate the addition of possibly 150 new homes. Ashton/Southville will be a nightmare going forwards.

10 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

I must have been just ahead of you Mr B. There were 2 AG2's waiting at the stop when I got there. The first was just pulling away (how early did they leave??) and the second was pretty full but I managed to squeeze on.

The assumption must be that the bus you caught must have been the first one doing a second trip.

That's interesting. Didn't realise it was the second one.  Other than leaving before the end there's no way I could have got there any quicker, due to our seats being in the middle of a row.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO - Is it a case that First have put an extra bus on at full time at the expense of the one that would be due at 5.20?  If so, can the published timetable be changed?  It was ridiculously cold standing there for what felt like ages for a 5.40 bus which even then hung around for a good 5 minutes before heading off.

Thanks 

3 minutes ago, MrBibs said:

That's interesting. Didn't realise it was the second one.  Other than leaving before the end there's no way I could have got there any quicker, due to our seats being in the middle of a row.

@Matt Parsons BCFCSLO - Is it a case that First have put an extra bus on at full time at the expense of the one that would be due at 5.20?  If so, can the published timetable be changed?  It was ridiculously cold standing there for what felt like ages for a 5.40 bus which even then hung around for a good 5 minutes before heading off.

Thanks 

I left my seat at 92 minutes and reached the back of the South stand as the final whistle blew. 

I too thought we were getting an extra bus on the AG2 route but the first one would have been back at 5-40 as we passed it going the other way at Hengrove.

Hi all, 

We have had the following feedback from First Bus.  

AG1 – the issue was on the third bus (we have three buses operating post-match now). First Bus apologised for this  as the driver wasnt briefed properly and will work to ensure this doesn’t happen again

AG2 – First Bus are reviewing what happened here as it is unclear given the feedback above and the fact that there were 3 buses on the route. 

We will continue to feedback into First Bus so they are aware of the issues our fans are encountering post match. 

Matt 

I take the AG2. Left the game on Saturday after 80mins as my 6yr old was in tears from the cold. An AG2 turned up about 5 mins from the end of the game, filled promptly and left around or just before full time. There was an AG4 there already and another bus without any signage on (assume this was another AG2).

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

Bristolian, written as it is spoken?

Is it drive or driver?

Didn't even notice this! :laughcont:

Probably just seemed the norm to me!

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

A friend took this for a recent match, Wednesday I believe, and found it flawless. Is it 4 pounds including parking the car?

Normally we don't have any issues and use it because it's always a task trying to find somewhere to park the car and even further to walk since we moved from the Atyeo. There have been a few misunderstandings over which tickets you're allowed to use on the buses (including one driver who let me on on the way there, but wasn't going to let me on on the way home) but I think most of that has been cleared up now. 

I think my grandparents both get on for free so it's usually only two or three of us that have to pay. I think if all five of us had to pay we would probably just take the car.

I think it would be a great idea if there were a 'season ticket' for the AG buses, or something you could add on to your football season ticket that cost a little less than buying them every week.

I'd also be really interested to find out if any of the money from bus tickets goes back to Bristol Sport. I wouldn't mind it so much if it was, just I pay enough to First Bus outside of the football buses for a generally shoddy (to put it lightly) service as it is!:ermm:

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

A friend took this for a recent match, Wednesday I believe, and found it flawless. Is it 4 pounds including parking the car?

Yes so works out expensive if you have a car full ... £20.! Which is why we dont use it but would like to as then we wouldn't need to get to AG for stupid o clock to find somewhere to park.

Archived